+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos's Revenge: A Random AHD AAR

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    When will the first update be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Comm Cody View Post
    Does that answer your Question?
    The first update is... NOW! (Well, it's coming soon.)
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Sorry.
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Venezuela: In which Chaos flees most unceremoniously

So, robot, let's get this show on the road!

Rob, unlike a human, had no problem with scanning for and addressing Chaos, despite Chaos's presence inside his own body. If anybody's head exploded from the prequel, I assure you, your head will not explode this time. Keep telling yourself, it's a robot this time." To which show do you refer?"

The show... of... this AAR! Yeah!

"Very well. I am projecting a map of this human grouping for your perusal."

Venezuela? NOOOO!!! I thought those damned things were gone forever!

"Scanning memory banks... file not found. Venezuela has existed since 1821."

The noise... the noise!

"Altering logical algorithm. You refer to vuvuzela, not Venezuela."

Chaos audibly sighed in relief. Whew!

"Do you wish to examine the economy?"

Economy?! Hell no! What do I look like, some nerdy human who got possessed for 421 years?

"I do not know. All meatbags look the same to me."

Chaos laughed uproariously at that. Good one!

"I did not tell a joke. I merely spoke fact."

Well, it's funny anyway.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaos and Rob argued, briefly, about which technology to research. Chaos wanted to research Atomic Bombs; when he was told this was not a possibility, he threw a temper tantrum that killed no fewer than six dozen humans. With the scent of blood in his robotic nostrils, Rob entered "indiscriminate killing mode", eliminating four entire villages before he remembered that he wasn't supposed to engage "indiscriminate killing mode," that it was a supposed flaw in his programming, and that, most importantly, that it would dull his finish.

You are way more fun than the last jerk.

"Thank you, although I must control myself in the future. Paint is expensive, especially in the nineteenth century."

I guess. Anyhow, since we can't research Atomic Bombs or even a simple Cruise Missile, what do you recommend?

"Analyzing Venezuela... Freedom of Trade recommended."

You promised me no boring numbers!

"More production = more money = more soldiers = more killing of humans without disturbing my carefully designed chassis."

Chaos whistled in appreciation. You speak my language, ro-butt! Then Chaos got on one of his laughing jaunts that lasted for two hours. When the laughing was finished, Chaos found that Rob had assigned the National Focus to the largest Venezuelan state for Clergymen. He'd also discovered that Venezuela had a free CB on the United Kingdom.

What are we waiting for?! Let's get those limey bastards!

"Analysis suggests chance of victory at less than 1%."

1% eh? I like those odds! What do we need for victory?

"Several small meteors that strike only the United Kingdom and its possessions without causing a new Ice Age."

Can you help with that?

"It is not permitted by the rules of our contest."

Spoilsport. Fine. Uh... let's build boats! Boats are fun, right?

"Building this many ships will almost certainly lead to bankruptcy."

Your face is going to be bankrupt if you don't do what I say!

"Logical contradiction... faces cannot be bankrupt... paradox inhibitor engaged... shutting down..."

Well, that's just great. Oh well. I'll use mind control to force my shiny boats into construction.

"Wood... doesn't.... shine..."

I thought you were shutting down?!?

A few moments later, Rob exploded.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    By August 6, 1836, nothing interesting had happened, mostly because Chaos couldn't move. He was currently possessing a single screw that had flown from the exploding body of Rob. A few moments later, a new version of Rob materialized. Chaos quickly jumped in.

"I am Robo-Explorer 1001 beta. I have been equipped with stronger paradox inhibitors."

Weakling. A little paradox is good for the soul! Plus, we don't really want to INHIBIT PARADOX, do we?

"Fourth wall destroyed... shutting down..."

Wait! Before you explode again, let's justify a war with Ecuador!

"Justification... initiated... self-destruct engaged."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    It took almost another year before Robo-Explorer 1002 beta materialized. "Greetings, Chaos. My snark shields have been raised by 50%, and I am now aware of the format in which our adventures are being captured. I have adjusted."

About time. Let's kill some humans!

"Command initiated... warning! Decision to fund Brazilian war against Paraguay extremely unwise."

Not again... look, you metal jerk, you do what I say, and you'll like it! If I want your stupid opinion, I'll ask for it.

"Reduced income may prevent us from adding flame decals to your ships."

Chaos grumbled. Fine. Cancel it as soon as we can.

"Internal clock reads August 8, 1837. Strike on Ecuador authorized."

Now you're talking! Although, you mean calendar, not clock. Clocks only tell time.

"What?! Error... error... unable to correct database.... shutting down...."

Chaos's swear was so vile, so horrible, that it destroyed an entire planetary system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This time, the new Rob returned much more quickly. It was only March 28, 1838 before Chaos could move again. In the meantime, Chaos, furiously angry and not caring about the consequences, joined Bolivia in two wars; one against Brazil and one against Argentina. He also finished Freedom of Trade; he chose Practical Steam Engine because, well, he was pretty steamed. (Sorry about that one. It's puns like that that make me glad we use anonymous handles on this forum.)

"I am Robo-Explorer 1003 final. I am now capable of upgrading my database as necessary."

Who designed you? An illiterate monkey?!

"All monkeys are, by definition, illiterate."

Humans are literate.

"Humans are not monkeys."

You're a monkey!

"Command accepted."

Instead of a robotic killing machine with a cloaking device (so the locals wouldn't go crazy), Chaos now found himself in a monkey. A robotic monkey, but one indistinguishable from an actual monkey without opening it up.

I give up. Can we kill some humans now?

"Weapons engaged."

Now THAT'S what I call entertainment! Is Ecuador ready to surrender to my awesomeness yet?

"Momentarily. Accelerating time... Calendar reads December 28, 1838... Ecuador is surrendering."

Hot damn!

"How, exactly, can a damn be hot?"

Don't worry about it.

"The meatbags in charge of the new provinces wish to know whether you will enslave them?"

Uh... I dunno. What do you think?

"All humans are doomed to enslavement under the Robot Empire."

Good enough for me!

"I have adjusted our budget so that only the humans who carry weapons are paid or get any services."

Well done! The rest of the slackers can go jump off a cliff.

Let's invade Peru! Add a wargoal to take the rest of my land!

"It is unlikely that Argentina will lose this war, and Peru is the junior member."

Who cares? DO IT!

"I have received a notification... the United Kingdom is attempting to generate a casus belli against us."

Uh oh. Er... what day is it?

"December 6, 1839."

Excellent! Do nothing until January 1, then get us out of here.

"Are you certain? Is it not inefficient to leave before the war against Argentina is finished? The war with Brazil ended in defeat for Bolivia."

Efficiency is not my concern. Scoring points is. Get us back to the bar.

"As you wish."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Back at the bar, Order was busy trying to put out a fire. Robo-Bartender (now called Bart to avoid confusion) had decided to use his flamethrower to light a B-52. Six patrons were killed. Hey, Chaos. How did the mission go?

Pretty good, I guess.

My turn now.

Yep. Where are you going?

Bremen.

I hope you don't get annexed! Oh wait. Yes I do!

Shut up, Chaos.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total points in this session: 11 points (1 war goal [5], 1 technology [3], three provinces [3].)

Chaos: 11
    Order: 0
    Last edited by Avindian; 09-07-2012 at 18:13.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    Sorry.
    No problem. I'm glad you're so eager!

BTW, I've added the points to the OP, and added a couple more categories. If there's something you think I've missed, let me know!

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

*fangirl squeak*

update!
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

I like how you are democratic in the way you take loans. That's one shiny pie!
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14.

The Q2 ACAs are calling!

Paradox Interactive: We put the story into history.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Nice update. Though I do feel like the AAR is going to be pretty short if they keep racking up points like that.
    Those of you helping us test the repulsion gel today, just follow the blue line on the floor. Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news: bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis men. Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts. ~Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club

I can't believe I missed the first update!
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Reichskanzler, Party Leader of the New Society in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Got a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of Robots if Chaos continues this way....

Good Start!

And perhaps Chaos have stacked the odds a bit against Bremen for the coming few years...
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    Don't worry... Something horrible will happen. Something always does...
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

"improvement from 140 to 221 in total score"

221 is what you get when you add up the 3 ranks of each of your component scores...so if you're worse than everyone else, you get more points?

I like the title of that update. Feels like "Around the World in 80 days".

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by homy_dog34 View Post
    *fangirl squeak*

update!

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    I like how you are democratic in the way you take loans. That's one shiny pie!
    That's the game for you; AHD lets you take a specific loan amount, but the source is determined by the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by king hannibal View Post
    Nice update. Though I do feel like the AAR is going to be pretty short if they keep racking up points like that.
    This AAR is destined to be, at present, 20 updates, although it's certainly possible that there could be a thrilling war or two in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    You're forgiven... this once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    Got a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of Robots if Chaos continues this way....

Good Start!

And perhaps Chaos have stacked the odds a bit against Bremen for the coming few years...
    I have a feeling Bremen won't make it the full five years, but who can say?

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    Don't worry... Something horrible will happen. Something always does...
    Yes. Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    "improvement from 140 to 221 in total score"

221 is what you get when you add up the 3 ranks of each of your component scores...so if you're worse than everyone else, you get more points?
    D'oh! Shame on me. I did indeed get the wrong number there. I started with four points, ended with eight, so Chaos gets no points for that. I'll adjust the totals as appropriate.

I like the title of that update. Feels like "Around the World in 80 days".
    One of my all time favorite books by one of my all time favorite authors.

What a shame, I missed the world premiere ! Nevertheless, you were off to a great start as Venezuela. I'll be following.
    How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

I'm just posting to have the other icon next to my subscription.
    That said, nice way to start it up, eagerly awaiting updates.

Good work, Sir.

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This rate the neverending supply of robo-adventurers is going to run out!
    At least we have some Order now.
    also, good one with the inhibit paradox

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat

Quote Originally Posted by MrQwerty View Post
    What a shame, I missed the world premiere ! Nevertheless, you were off to a great start as Venezuela. I'll be following.
    Glad to have you aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by no7892142 View Post
    I'm just posting to have the other icon next to my subscription.
    That said, nice way to start it up, eagerly awaiting updates.

Good work, Sir.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    This rate the neverending supply of robo-adventurers is going to run out!
    At least we have some Order now.
    also, good one with the inhibit paradox
    I'm glad you liked it

I'm rooting for Oder... I mean Order... I like him better.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm rooting for Oder... I mean Order... I like him better.
    False.
    Death is obviously going to win.
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Aw chucks I missed the premiere. At least I'll be able to follow this one -almost- from the beginning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast