+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos's Revenge: A Random AHD AAR

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Chaos's Revenge: A Random AHD AAR

This is the long awaited sequel to A Descent Into Madness!

ADIM was a comedy/gameplay AAR based upon a random EU3 country switching game, the tortured confines of my own mind, and apparently channeling movies I'd never seen. If you haven't read ADIM, here's the cast of characters that are returning:

Chaos (when he speaks it is always in italics): Primary Elemental Life Form, or PELF, embodying the very essence of randomness and chance. Can take the shape of anything he wishes, but most often possess other beings. Cannot manifest in his physical form or all who witness it go mad.
    Order (when he speaks it is in boldface): Chaos's brother, also a PELF, embodies discipline and consistency. Looks exactly like Hugh Beaumont.
    Death (his speech is underlined): The third of the brothers, embodies, well death. Has a number of LELFs (Lesser Elemental Life Forms) working for him. Looks exactly like Vincent Price.
    "Rob", or the former RoboCommentator 6000 and RoboBartender 1000: Robot who bears a distinct distaste for all humanity.

The actual game will work like this: I will take turns playing a new country every five years (possibly ten; I have to see how it'll work out). I will generate the country by using random.org to give me a province ID. Then, I will take that province's owner for the country. If a province is uncolonized or if I've already played the country, I'll generate a new number.

Basic rules:
    1. No gamey tactics.
    2. No cheating.
    3. No breaking the infamy limit.
    4. No save/reload.

I'll have more information on how the actual AAR will work in the introductory post, which I'll try to get done this coming week.

How points are tabulated:
    5 points for each month (defined as thirty days) that a country is a Great Power, unless it started as one.
    1 point for each month a country is a Great Power if it started as one.
    -40 points if #1 GP drops out of GP status.
    -30 points if #2 GP drops out of GP status.
    -20 points if #3 GP drops out of GP status.
    -10 points if #4 GP drops out of GP status.
    -5 points if #5-#8 GP drops out of GP status.
    3 points for each month (30 days) a country is a Secondary Power, if it did not start as one.
    6 points for each year a country is a Secondary Power if it started as one.
    25 points for modernizing (only the last stage counts for this bonus).
    5 points for each war goal successfully attained.
    3 points for each new technology (this includes steps in modernization).
    1 point for each new province gained.*
    -1 point for each province lost.*
    2 points for each country added to a Sphere of Influence.*
    -2 points for each country removed from a Sphere of Influence.*
    -5 points for each revolt.
    -10 points for each successful revolt.
    -20 points for bankruptcy.
    -50 points for annexation.
    -1 point for each .25 over the infamy limit*
    1 point for each improvement of 10 points in total score*
    -1 point for each decline of 10 points in total score*

*Tabulated at the end of the session.

For Chaos: P, Y, L, N, and F.
    For Order: G, D, J, C, and Z.

EDIT: Playing with A House Divided, 2.31, from 1836 start. No mods.
    EDIT: Added rules and letters to original post. 7/8
    Last edited by Avindian; 15-08-2012 at 09:52.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Table of contents

Introduction

The countries (a [C] denotes Chaos, an [O] denotes Order)
    * denotes points given to other PELF, by terms of letters
    1836-1840
    Venezuela [C] -- +11 points

1840-1845
    Bremen (to 1842) [O] -- -43 points
    The United Kingdom (to 1/1/1846) [O] -- +72 points

1846-1850
    Brazil [C] -- +30 points

1851-1855
    France [O]* -- -33 points

1856-1860
    The Ottoman Empire [C] -- +40 points

1861-1865
    Oman [O] -- +3 points

1866-1870
    Austria [C] -- +129 points

1871-1875
    Persia [O]* = +46 points

The End
    --------------------------
    Total points for Chaos: +226
    Total points for Order: +32
    Last edited by Avindian; 05-09-2012 at 11:19.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Selzro View Post
    Ooh, nice!
    Two seconds for my first comment?! That's got to be a record!

Glad to have you along!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Two seconds for my first comment?! That's got to be a record!

Glad to have you along!
    Oops, that does not look very nice between the OP and the table of contents...
    I'd appreciate it if a kind mod were to delete it. (Edit: no more need for that)
    Last edited by Selzro; 01-07-2012 at 01:23.
    My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I'll be reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Selzro View Post
    I'd appreciate it if a kind mod were to delete it.
    You can do it yourself. Edit -> Delete.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    I'll be reading.

You can do it yourself. Edit -> Delete.
    You're right! I had never noticed...
    My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

Praise Chaos! It's back! Awesome sauce!

How did you enjoy your trip? Learn anything interesting?
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Naturally, I'm all ears (or should that be eyes?)
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Somewhere in the extremely mediocre state of Kansas
    Excellent.
    AARs:

-A More Imperfect Union [COMPLETE]: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post16196641

-Down South in Dixie [IN PROGRESS] : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...3#post16954663

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Excellent! I loved your EU3 AAR, I can't wait to see what you do here!
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Grab the Pitchforks and the Torches! We'll shortly be needing them again!

Let's see what you come up with here, but I demand failures!
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Subscribed.
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

Will mod for food.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

subbed, this will be good...

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    Praise Chaos! It's back! Awesome sauce!

How did you enjoy your trip? Learn anything interesting?
    Really good trip, I'd have to say. It was, at times, enlightening, entertaining, and exhausting. Sometimes all at once!

Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    Naturally, I'm all ears (or should that be eyes?)
    Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
    Excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashantai View Post
    Excellent! I loved your EU3 AAR, I can't wait to see what you do here!
    Thanks to both of you, and glad to have you along!

Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    Grab the Pitchforks and the Torches! We'll shortly be needing them again!

Let's see what you come up with here, but I demand failures!
    I will do my best (worst?).

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    Subscribed.
    Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    subbed, this will be good...
    Glad to have you both along!

I'll have the introduction done tomorrow or Tuesday, if all goes well.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

This will be awesome! I sense it already
    Comrade Vladimir Mehmetovich Sakharov, NK Finance, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)

The Earth is the Cradle of the Mind -- but one cannot eternally live in a cradle." - Konstantin E.Tsiolkovsky
    "Let others shoot; For here I leave my second leg, and the Forty-second Foot." - The Ballad of Faithless Nelly Gray by Thomas Hood

Please make this idea more known! I want it to get into the next Victoria 2 DLC! by Sakura_F. Copy this if you want this to be implemented

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Order (when he speaks it is in boldface): Looks exactly like Hugh Beaumont.
    Death (his speech is underlined): Looks exactly like Vincent Price.
    Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Nice to see the continuation (even if it is just setting out the rules). I'm happy to be able to follow this one from the beginning! (Thanks for the link in the last thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Brougal View Post
    Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Nice to see the continuation (even if it is just setting out the rules). I'm happy to be able to follow this one from the beginning! (Thanks for the link in the last thread)
    Glad I could help!

Introduction: The bet and the terms

I still say you cheated, Odor.

Look, Death certified the result, brother. Quit trying to weasel out of it!

But weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals! ... Except the weasel.

Author's note: Yes, I shamelessly stole the previous line from a popular television show. This kind of thing will happen a lot, so strap in and feel the Gs!

Postscript to author's note: The last bit of the previous note is also stolen.

Rob is going to be back soon, he'll tell us how the new bet is supposed to work. It isn't like my tab was all THAT much.

Chaos gaped in awe of his brother's ignorance. The cost was so large that they had to invent an entirely new counting system just to come up with it! I've heard at least one dictionary include it as an alternate definition for infinity.

Yes, but we've been around for billions of years, which means compound interest is in your favor. You ended up paying $1.75.

But it's my money!

Death strolled into Rob's Bar of Alcohol Imbibing and Disembowelment Relative Safety From Horrible Death to see his brothers arguing.

Are you two still going on about the bet?

He's going on about the bet. I'm trying to start a new tab, but Rob is in the back developing his plans for the new bet.

Why do you drink so much? You're a PELF! You can't even get drunk!

How do you know I can't? Just because I've had nearly an infinity of drinks doesn't mean I can't. Maybe I just have a really high tolerance for alcohol.

He has a point, Chaos.

Chaos grumbled in the corner. Finally, Rob -- better known as Robo-Bartender 1000 -- returned.

GREETINGS, FR -- "Excuse me. Greetings, Friends. I have returned with the terms of the new bet. Are your hearing apparati properly activated?"

All three PELFs nodded.

"It is satisfactory. First, we must determine the stakes. Do you have any data to provide?"

We could do the same bet again.

That's boring. You're boring!

What do you recommend, brother?

How about we fight to the death? Whoever loses the bet dies!

You can't die, idiot.

Quit spoiling my fun, Death!

Quit being a petulant child, Chaos!

"I have a suggestion. You are aware that I possess a Reality Bomb. I would give it to the winner."

There was silence. You know what? I kind of hate reality, so I'd be good with that.

Could it be turned to another purpose?

"I do not know. This may be a possible scenario."

I could live with that.

I will serve as witness.

"Excellent. Here are the terms. Every five years, either Chaos or Order will alternately inhabit my circuity. You may specify any instructions during the period that you like, within reason. You will be transferred to a new grouping of humans after each five year period."

Can I use the reality bomb?

"No."

Jerk.

"Here are the official rules; you may peruse them."

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    Rule #1: Rob will transform into any form you desire, as long as it is biologically acceptable for the period.
    Rule #2: Each contestant will be assigned five letters of the human English alphabet.
    Rule #3: If the human-grouping assigned begins with one of those letters, then the PELF assigned to that letter will receive the points, regardless of the actual PELF in charge.
    Rule #4: For all other letters, the PELF in charge at the time receives the points.
    Rule #5: The winning team shall be the team that wins. -- Apologies, wrong contest.
    The Real Rule #5: Whoever accumulates the most points in 100 years will be the winner.
    A thought occurs. Suppose I am assigned the letter 'C'. If Chaos gets 'China', what's to stop him from running the country into the ground on purpose?

"Nothing. You are, of course, free to do the same in the alternate scenario."

Noted.

How do these points work, metal jerk? Hah! I rhymed!

"It is very simple. I have laid them out here."

Quote Originally Posted by The Points
    5 points for each month (defined as thirty days) that human-grouping is a Great Power, unless it started as one.
    1 point for each month a human-grouping is a Great Power if it started as one.
    5 points for each war goal successfully attained.
    3 points for each new technology.
    1 point for each new province gained.*
    -1 point for each province lost.*
    2 points for each human-grouping added to a Sphere of Influence.*
    -2 points for each human-grouping lost from a Sphere of Influence.*
    -5 points for each revolt.
    -10 points for each successful revolt.
    -1 point for each .25 over the infamy limit*
    1 point for each improvement of 10 points in total score*
    -1 point for each decline of 10 points in total score*

*Tabulated at the end of the session.
    "Have you queries?"

Sounds reasonable.

Let's do it, chief!

"I will program my replacement. Before we leave, the following letters have been assigned to each of you.

For Chaos: P, Y, L, N, and F.
    For Order: G, D, J, C, and Z.

Our first human-grouping, which is assigned to Chaos, is Venezula, the owner of San Felipe.

Good luck."

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Good luck!
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

Will mod for food.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast