• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apr 3, 2012
Hello, and welcome to the first(as far as I know) Hands off AAR! I will be playing the country the AI completely ignores Cyprus. Whatever happens now will be completely at the hands of the AI. All settings are at normal, and lucky nation are set to random. This will not be world spaning at the start, but will insted start in Europe, and I'll fill in the rest of the worlds blanks as we go along. The Real update will happen some time tommorrow.

Unfortunately for you guys(and girls), This AAR will not contain screenies. Mutiple failed attempts left me no choice but to go on without them. I will try to be as descriptive as possible and my first updates won't be particularly long. This first attempt at written an AAR, EVER. Feel free to point any inconsistanies and critisism(as long as it's constructive).

Last edited:
You need to put the picture in [im|g] [/im|g] tags (without the |) and upload it somewhere, I suggest Photobucket or similar.

Great idea! Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!

THE 1400s PT. 1

Our Story begins in the last few months of the year 1399. The feudal kings, dukes, and counts of Europe had long been established the centuries earlier, and craved out their respective realms;however we begin with the With raids of Timur the Lame. The Timurid Nomads, under the command of one of the greatest genrals of the time had craved an empire in the central Aisan steppes and the Immediate Mid-east. At the current moment, they were waging a deadly multi-front war against the Sultans of India, the Jalayirids, The Principality of Trebizon, the Kingdom of Georgia, and the Sultanate of The Ottoman Turks. The trebizonians never stood a chance, and were effortlessly crushed by The Armies of Tamerlame. Manuel III Kommes, for the protecttion of his miniscule nation agreed to subjectgation. The Dulkadiroglu Turks were the next to fall and were piliaged into submission.Timur set his sights on conquering the Ottomans while having Miran Shah, a general of the khanate, deal with the Mameluks. Timur would not live to gains of the his military campaigns, however. He killed by an arrow at the Battle of Yazgod on December 12, 1404.

Far North of Timurid conquests and the fierce battles in the Middle East. The Veliky Knyaz of The Muscowvites lead very different war. Many battles were fought in the frozen wastes of Russia. Vasiliy I Rurikovich had fought in desperate strugle against the Golden Horde. By February 1407, the Nomads hade retreated, racked by a succession crisis. With the nomad threat gone for now, Vasilisy I soon turned his attention to the his immediate neighbors. In 1410, Vasilisy I added the Priniciplaitity of Ryazan to his Kingdom and Yaroslaval a year. These comquest, along 1st unsuccessful subjectgation of Tver began what became know as The 1st Muscowvite-Novogrodian War, which ended in a stalemate 4 years later.

And for a small yearly fee you get unlimited bandwidth and images. I've done it for my AARs and been happy with the result.

Hi!

This is a really interesting idea, something that I don't recall seeing done before. Scholar did something sort of similar a while back where he wrote an AAR that had sections about nations he wasn't actually playing, but he was still in the game.

Like others have said, you can just go to photobucket.com, make an account, and upload, then put [img ]-IMAGE LINK HERE-[/img] wherever you want the picture to go (minus the space in the first img tag.) I actually have a free account and I've never had any problems, though then again I'm not Ashantai and I don't get seven thousand views a week. Imgur is nice, but for various reasons like convenience, I prefer PB.