+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The World at a Glance - A EU3 Hands off AAR

The World at a Glance - A EU3 Hands off AAR

Hello, and welcome to the first(as far as I know) Hands off AAR! I will be playing the country the AI completely ignores Cyprus. Whatever happens now will be completely at the hands of the AI. All settings are at normal, and lucky nation are set to random. This will not be world spaning at the start, but will insted start in Europe, and I'll fill in the rest of the worlds blanks as we go along. The Real update will happen some time tommorrow.

Unfortunately for you guys(and girls), This AAR will not contain screenies. Mutiple failed attempts left me no choice but to go on without them. I will try to be as descriptive as possible and my first updates won't be particularly long. This first attempt at written an AAR, EVER. Feel free to point any inconsistanies and critisism(as long as it's constructive).
    Last edited by jlitvisk; 02-07-2012 at 22:43.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You need to put the picture in [im|g] [/im|g] tags (without the |) and upload it somewhere, I suggest Photobucket or similar.

Great idea! Looking forward to seeing where you go with this!
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

THE 1400s PT. 1

Our Story begins in the last few months of the year 1399. The feudal kings, dukes, and counts of Europe had long been established the centuries earlier, and craved out their respective realms;however we begin with the With raids of Timur the Lame. The Timurid Nomads, under the command of one of the greatest genrals of the time had craved an empire in the central Aisan steppes and the Immediate Mid-east. At the current moment, they were waging a deadly multi-front war against the Sultans of India, the Jalayirids, The Principality of Trebizon, the Kingdom of Georgia, and the Sultanate of The Ottoman Turks. The trebizonians never stood a chance, and were effortlessly crushed by The Armies of Tamerlame. Manuel III Kommes, for the protecttion of his miniscule nation agreed to subjectgation. The Dulkadiroglu Turks were the next to fall and were piliaged into submission.Timur set his sights on conquering the Ottomans while having Miran Shah, a general of the khanate, deal with the Mameluks. Timur would not live to gains of the his military campaigns, however. He killed by an arrow at the Battle of Yazgod on December 12, 1404.

Far North of Timurid conquests and the fierce battles in the Middle East. The Veliky Knyaz of The Muscowvites lead very different war. Many battles were fought in the frozen wastes of Russia. Vasiliy I Rurikovich had fought in desperate strugle against the Golden Horde. By February 1407, the Nomads hade retreated, racked by a succession crisis. With the nomad threat gone for now, Vasilisy I soon turned his attention to the his immediate neighbors. In 1410, Vasilisy I added the Priniciplaitity of Ryazan to his Kingdom and Yaroslaval a year. These comquest, along 1st unsuccessful subjectgation of Tver began what became know as The 1st Muscowvite-Novogrodian War, which ended in a stalemate 4 years later.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Use Imgur.com it's very easy to use, it won't store forever but it's very easy to use.
    ###Goldmattress###

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Mount & Blade: Warband

I use photobucket. Creating an account is easy and free, and your images are never deleted.
    King Hopping AAR; Journey with me as I go from one country to the next while trying my best not to screw things up with excessive noobishness.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

And for a small yearly fee you get unlimited bandwidth and images. I've done it for my AARs and been happy with the result.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Hi!

This is a really interesting idea, something that I don't recall seeing done before. Scholar did something sort of similar a while back where he wrote an AAR that had sections about nations he wasn't actually playing, but he was still in the game.

Like others have said, you can just go to photobucket.com, make an account, and upload, then put [img ]-IMAGE LINK HERE-[/img] wherever you want the picture to go (minus the space in the first img tag.) I actually have a free account and I've never had any problems, though then again I'm not Ashantai and I don't get seven thousand views a week. Imgur is nice, but for various reasons like convenience, I prefer PB.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

+ Reply to Thread