+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ottomans navy

Ottomans navy

Why do the Ottomans start with such a large navy? They couldn't even properly blockade Constantinople nearly a century after the startdate, so should it not be changed a little - perhaps by moving the starting sliders towards Land?
    Plushie - The obvious, necessary progression of things is knowledge available only to God and Johan, and I'm not so sure about the former.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Fleets are determined by the game.

I'll try to make the Ottomans slightly more land-oriented... but i'm not sure what more i can do.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

I was sure that Ottomans had too weak fleet in comparison to Byzantium. If they'll have weaker fleet than they won't be able to do anything when Byz reclaims Gallipoli and recovers its power on Balkans. And later... It's too late :P

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Perhaps the current situation is ahistorical, yet I see it very easy for a Roman Empire player to beat the Ottomans with the strategy: block the straits with a superior fleet, take Gallipoli, let one army at the time cross, crush each army at a time, carpet siege the Ottomans (it may require some minting though).

I think the key problem lies in the sliders for the Empire: the Roman Empire sliders could do with being moved a bit to help historicity.

Not that I'm against the Roman Empire defeating the Ottomans and spreading the pretty purple all over the map, but I'd like for the Roman failure at land and success at sea to be better represented. Perhaps moving the Roman Land slider three towards Naval and the Ottoman one towards Land might help?
    Plushie - The obvious, necessary progression of things is knowledge available only to God and Johan, and I'm not so sure about the former.

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Worth a try...
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

But... Game is going to be too easy then... I'm retaking Gallipoli, than I'm free to do whatever I want with Serbia (which is losing war with Hungary right now), than I retake Greece (quite a problem because I lack cores, but still possible) and I'm on slow, calm way to restore RE to its full glory.

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxer5 View Post
    But... Game is going to be too easy then... I'm retaking Gallipoli, than I'm free to do whatever I want with Serbia (which is losing war with Hungary right now), than I retake Greece (quite a problem because I lack cores, but still possible) and I'm on slow, calm way to restore RE to its full glory.
    Agreed!

I think that gigau got the perfect balance with the current setup of the RE vs. Ottomans. After many games, I have to say that also as for how cores are concerned, he got them right (the only issue I'd have, at most, is that I do not understand why the RE has a core in Theodoro but not on the coast of Chersonesos that is owned by Genoa - this is just... asymmetric, how to say!).

I don't understand though why the 1359 start is supposed to be better/more fun to play as the RE. What is supposed to change, even if it's unfinished?

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccillo Rre View Post
    I think that gigau got the perfect balance with the current setup of the RE vs. Ottomans. After many games, I have to say that also as for how cores are concerned, he got them right (the only issue I'd have, at most, is that I do not understand why the RE has a core in Theodoro but not on the coast of Chersonesos that is owned by Genoa - this is just... asymmetric, how to say!).
    Well, by making the Ottomans a little more land oriented, in my latest hands off test games, the Ottomans seem to be better at expanding... Still far from perfect, but much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccillo Rre View Post
    I don't understand though why the 1359 start is supposed to be better/more fun to play as the RE. What is supposed to change, even if it's unfinished?
    It was a scenario made by a player to start off with more cores, when playing as the Eastern Roman Empire... Never tried it myself though.
    •

+ Reply to Thread