• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

douglasrac

General
24 Badges
Feb 23, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities in Motion
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
Cities in Motion New Expasion Pack: St Petersburg

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/cities-in-motion-st-petersburg#about_game-tab

Seems that the trolley buses are coming back!

The great Window to the West and Russia’s second largest city, St Petersburg, provides many new challenges. With the River Neva flowing in the center and the banks of the Griboyedov Canal cutting through miles of the urban landscape, St Petersburg will be a stern test for any desktop transportation mogul. The traditional trolley buses offer a new mode of transport and give the city a unique atmosphere as they maneuver their way around the Baroque and neoclassical architecture. A new campaign consisting of three all-new scenarios highlights key points in St. Petersburg's history while presenting the player with interesting and challenging tasks.

Last edited:
Looks like they also add hourse carriages. Look at the secondary view (bottom right).
View attachment 57484

:confused: Now I'm confused, where did this come from? I mean, was this a secret or anticipated? I was expecting London next.......

Map looks interesting, all that water to deal with. Water buses might have a real use for a change.

And I guess the 2001 horse-drawn-carriage might be a sight-seeing tourist line. Central Park in NY could have used them..... (Well spotted, by the way!)

PS And how nice to see the developers also can't please their passengers waiting at stops!

I'd love to see one of those horse carriages break down!
A horse can get sick... (do we need to hire vets?) I just hope they canceld the smoke effect for the breakdown.

It is very nice idea to get all kinds of new transportation. Even ballons. But they need to be very well adapted, otherwise its better to have nothing.

Horses cannot, as said, use fuel, they cannot be called Bus 68 as it seems now, cannot have smoke on breaks, cannot, obviously have a motor sound :), and shouldn't use bus stops.

I think its nice CO dare to do that, I hope its well arranged.

Please, at least fix the poles on the trolleybus models so that they line up correctly with the overhead wires. The poles are supposed to touch the wires, but as it is the distance between them is smaller than that between the twin overhead wires.

I think that allowing trolley-buses to go on avenues is more important. I can live happy with a graphic glitch.

There has been a mod for more detailed trolly wiring that had the ability to go on avenue roads...

Its kinda a shame we have to fix all flaws of the dlc with mods...

Hello from St. Petersburg!

Something is terribly wrong with this DLC. St. Petersburg in known as former world's largest tram system, with three tram-concerned Guinness Book records including 600+ kilometers of single track. Tram, not trolleybus. AFAIK, due to technical limitations of CiM city can have either trolleybuses or trams, not both. But SPb without trams is like San Francisco without cable cars or London without double-deckers! City in 1980s is unimaginable without its fleet of 2'000 LM-68M, mostly coupled in double and even triple units, connecting all city districts on 65 routes. Alas, more than half of it is lost nowadays because of, er, post-USSR politics... does it mean that history must be forgotten? As I understand DLC is intended to be played not in 2000s only.
Please, don't deprive city of its famous, must-have transport just to make another DLC with trolleybuses. Don't make terrible mistake.

If you are looking for russian/soviet city more suitable for trolleybuses, it is... Moscow. Just the largest network in the world.

As a fellow Petersburger I agree with your point, but using trams in St Petersburg would have made it yet another European city (even the non-tram-heavy ones, like Paris, have them in the game). As far as I could understand, the developers wanted to make the city feel "Russian", thus adding a slightly less common (although way too glitched) mode of transportation instead of being realistic.

People who want to be historically correct could always get the trams by using addons, although I would have preferred to have them in this DLC.