• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ober

Sir Anjin
20 Badges
Sep 15, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines
A'ight, I'm here. Therion allowed me to create this topic and post my ideas/plans/events/whatever here. For now my main goal is to rebuild Sengoku Period with some alternative outcomes. For now, I finished planning main, historical line - adding ahistorical lines isn't really a tough job. Some may say that I'm maniac with all that events, but I really want it to be something special, yo. Also I feel that this is needed to give a chances for alternative outcomes - like so many opportunities to choose another way. Well, for now there is only this plan - maybe I'll add something more, maybe I'll delete some things...we'll see. For now I want to design Sengoku Period to be detailed like so:

Sengoku Jidai Events List:
1. Otomo Clan Internal Feud: Otomo Sorin vs Otomo Shioichimaru (1550-1552)
2. Conquest of Shinano (1553)
3. Takeda Shingen vs Uesugi Kenshin (Heaven and Earth) (1553)
4. Imagawa Yoshimoto marches towards Kyoto (1560)
5. Oda vs Imagawa: Battle Of Okehazama (1560)
6. Takeda vs Uesugi: Fourth Battle Of Kawanakajima (1561)
7. Oda-Tokugawa Coallition (1562)
8. Oda-Tokugawa Coallition Attempts Coup (1565)
9. Oda Captures Kyoto (1568)
10. Demon King True Face (1569)
11. Oda-Tokugawa vs Azai-Asakura: Siege Of Kanegasaki (1570)
12. Oda-Tokugawa vs Azai-Asakura: Battle Of Anegawa (1570)
13. Ishiyama Hongan-ji War: Siege of Hongan-ji (1570)
14. Oda vs Tendai Monks: Siege of Mount Hiei (1571)
15. Takeda vs Oda-Tokugawa: Battle Of Mikatagahara (1572)
16. Oda Tokugawa vs Azai: Siege Of Odani Castle (1573)
17. Oda Tokugawa vs Asakura: Siege Of Ichijoudani Castle (1573)
18. Death Of Takeda Shingen (1573)
19. Ishiyama Hongan-ji War: Mouri Navy Supports Ikko-Ikki (1575)
20. Oda-Tokugawa vs Takeda: Battle Of Nagashino (1575)
21."If The Cuckoo Does Not Sing, Kill It" - Oda Nobunaga Seizes Central Japan (1576)
22. Oda vs Mouri: Hideyoshi Hashiba Invades Chuugoku (1576)
23. Construction of Azuchi Castle (1576-1579)
24. Ishiyama Hongan-ji War: First Battle of Kizugawaguchi (1576)
25. Oda vs Uesugi: Battle Of Tedorigawa (1577)
26. Ishiyama Hongan-ji War: Second Battle of Kizugawaguchi (1578)
27. Death Of Uesugi Kenshin (1578)
28. War for Uesugi Succession: Uesugi Kagetora vs Uesugi Kagekatsu (1579)
29. Ishiyama Hongan-ji War: Fall Of Ishiyama Hongan-ji Fortress (1580)
30. Oda vs Mouri: Hideyoshi Hashiba Request Nobunaga Help (1582)
31. Incident Of Honnou-ji (1582)
32. Eleven Days Of Akechi Mitsuhide (1582)
33. Battle Of Yamazaki (1582)
34. Struggle for Succession in Oda Clan (1582)
35. Battle of Shizugatake (1583)
36. Battle of Komaki-Nagakute (1584)
37. Date "Dokuganryu" Masamune (1584)
38. Hashiba Hideyoshi adopted into Fujiwara Clan (1585)
39. Toyotomi vs Chosokabe: Siege of Ichinomiya Castle (1585)
40. Toyotomi vs Chosokabe: Conquest of Shikkoku (1585)
41. Kyushu Campaign: Battle of Hetsugigawa (1586)
42. Kyushu Campaign: Toyotomi Landing in Takajou (1587)
43. Kyushu Campaign: Battle of Sendaigawa (1587)
44. Kyushu Campaign: Shimazu Clan Surrenders (1587)
45. Toyotomi Policy Towards Christians (1587)
46. The Great Sword Hunt (1588)
47. Date Clan seizes power in Tohoku (1589)
48. Toyotomi Coallition vs Hojo: Siege of Odawara (1590)
49. Construction of Osaka Castle (1590)
50. "If The Cuckoo Does Not Sing, Coax It" - Toyotomi Hideyoshi Unites Japan (1591)
51. Sen no Rikyuu ordered to commit seppuku (1591)
52. Taikou Kenchi (1592)
53. First Japanese Invasion of Korea (1592)
54. Twenty-Six Martyrs of Japan (1597)
55. Second Japanese Invasion of Korea (1597)
56. Death Of Toyotomi Hideyoshi (1598)
57. Go-Tairou Regency (1598)
58. Decline of Go-Tairou Regency (1599)
59. Ishida Mitsunari vs Tokugawa Ieyasu (1599)
60. Western Army vs Eastern Army: Battle Of Kusegawa (1600)
61. Western Army vs Eastern Army: Siege Of Hasedou (1600)
62. Battle Of Sekigahara: Western Army Mutiny (1600)
63. Battle Of Sekigahara: Kato Kiyomasa and Fukushima Masanori joins Eastern Army (1600)
64. Battle Of Sekigahara: Kobayakawa Hideaki Betrays Western Army (1600)
65. Battle Of Sekigahara (1600)
66. Fall Of Ishida Mitsunari (1600)
67. William Adams and Jan Joosten (1600)
68. "If The Cuckoo Does Not Sing, Wait For It" - Tokugawa Ieyasu Establishes Tokugawa Shogunate (1603)

Probably I'll begin from a Late Hojo Clan wars, there is actually one event about them in 1545 IIRC. That'd be a good date to begin. Also I have to add two sieges of Osaka after 1603. Yep, lots of these events won't have any special effects yet will be important for history. I'll say it now - it's pointless to create so-called "breakaway states". First of all, there are no provinces for it, even in Watkabaoi. Second, these countries might probably involve in alliances or wars with countries outside of Japan and then whole thing may fail.

A'ight, that's all. Let me know whatcha' think guys. ;)

Sincerely,
Ober

The event list looks awesome. I know next to nothing about Japanese history and never even played Japan in EUII/FTG :)blush:) so this is all yours. Having the clans would make for an interesting game (especially for a human playing there) but your reasons for not including them are indeed very valid.

A little, bump? Anyone interested in? ;)
I'm currently done with first of three parts (measured by "If the cuckoo..." events), slowly approaching somewhat special (I just got such feeling) Honnou-ji event. Everyone loves killing in burning, collapsing shrines I suppose. I might show some of written events in anyone is interested. Also, if you have suggestions for some events' effects to improve them, lemme know yo.

As I'm writing all these events I'm slowly realizing which clans would be allowed to unite Japan and achieve Shogun title. It'd be hell of options and additional events anyway, so maybe it'd be better to add it as "bonus"? (dunno how to name it, similar to Kingdom of Germany/Italy/Iberia, etc. additional options in menu). Opinions are welcome. Well, talking about clans:

Traditional Shogunates:

*Tokugawa Shogunate (Tokugawa Ieyasu, capital - Edo) - just follow historical line and everything will be fine ;)

*Uesugi Shogunate (Uesugi Kenshin, capital - Kyoto) - obviously, deciding events are #6 (4th Kawanakajima, with full victory options) and #25 (Tedorigawa, where Oda might be destroyed). Probably highly focused on religious affairs (buddhism).

*Takeda Shogunate (Takeda Shingen, capital - Kyoto) - really similar to Kenshin. Fourth Kawanakajima will decide who was better, and then full Takeda's victory at Mikatagahara (#15) may lead to victorious march to Kyoto. Oda will be likely destroyed in that case, involved in Ishiyama-Honganji War. Again, traditional shogunate with exception of major administration and economy overhaul - in fact Takeda would be better into Naval Powers, except they aren't really...naval, if ya get my drift.

*Akechi Shogunate (Akechi Mitsuhide, capital - Kyoto) - Events #31, #32 and mostly #33 - Battle of Yamazaki, where Mitsuhide may achieve surprising victory and succeed Nobunaga (as historically Toyotomi did). Well, this Shogunate might be interested in rising life standard for all classes, aiming towards ancient Japanese values. Rather isolationist one.

Powerhungry Shogunates:

*Oda Shogunate (Oda Nobunaga, capital - well, probably Azuchi) - after all, he can survive Honnou-ji (#31), can't he? Since then, with all important rivals already dead it'd be a piece of cake to seize land for Oda. Strong military power, abolishing traditional feudal values (and maybe even feudal system) with religious freedom, maybe looking for conquest (Korea, Luzon).

*Toyotomi Shogunate (Toyotomi Hideyoshi/Hideyor, capital - Osaka) - if Gotairou won't fall (#57, #58), Hideyoshi's son might be able to take over. Well, except being negative towards Christians, Toyotomi would be similar to Oda - probably with addition of colonization (explorers and stuff).

*Ishida Shogunate (Ishida Mitsunari, capital - Osaka) - just in case if Western Army sohemow emerge victorious from Sekigahara (#65). Every events since Kusegawa (#60) may be used to support Western Army and so, make it victorious. Except that, Shogunate itself would be almost the same as Toyotomi - as Ishida was devoted Hideyoshi's retainer.

Naval Power Shogunates:

*Mouri Shogunate (Mouri Terumoto, capital - Aki) - lords of Aki were always good at sailing. If they can won a favour of Ikko-Ikki by helping them to defend Ishiyama-Honganji (mostly 2nd Kizugawaguchi, #26) and then make use of Honnou-ji Crisis (#31), why not? Mouri, based on superior navy would be somewhat traditional talking about internal affairs, with exception of using fleet to support Japan's interest outside of Islands (again, Korea), possibly colonization?

*Date Shogunate (Date Masamune, capital - Sendai) - One-Eyed Dragon enters this contest lately, but hey - he's Dragon after all. What if Date won't join up with Toyotomi at Odawara Siege? It may be great opportunity to strike both exhausted Hojo and Toyotomi armies (#48). Another chance might be meddling before Sekigahara and either join Western Army or fight alone - again, taking advantage of enemies casualties (#60-#65). Date Shogunate will encourage equality in society and religious freedom; Date is likely the best clan if you want to achieve peacuful westernization. Date's Japan is surely a trade power with strong fleet (but not as strong as Mouri's), opened towards neighbours and Europeans.

A little, bump? Anyone interested in? ;)
I'm currently done with first of three parts (measured by "If the cuckoo..." events), slowly approaching somewhat special (I just got such feeling) Honnou-ji event. Everyone loves killing in burning, collapsing shrines I suppose. I might show some of written events in anyone is interested. Also, if you have suggestions for some events' effects to improve them, lemme know yo.

As I'm writing all these events I'm slowly realizing which clans would be allowed to unite Japan and achieve Shogun title. It'd be hell of options and additional events anyway, so maybe it'd be better to add it as "bonus"? (dunno how to name it, similar to Kingdom of Germany/Italy/Iberia, etc. additional options in menu). Opinions are welcome. Well, talking about clans:

Traditional Shogunates:

*Tokugawa Shogunate (Tokugawa Ieyasu, capital - Edo) - just follow historical line and everything will be fine ;)

*Uesugi Shogunate (Uesugi Kenshin, capital - Kyoto) - obviously, deciding events are #6 (4th Kawanakajima, with full victory options) and #25 (Tedorigawa, where Oda might be destroyed). Probably highly focused on religious affairs (buddhism).

*Takeda Shogunate (Takeda Shingen, capital - Kyoto) - really similar to Kenshin. Fourth Kawanakajima will decide who was better, and then full Takeda's victory at Mikatagahara (#15) may lead to victorious march to Kyoto. Oda will be likely destroyed in that case, involved in Ishiyama-Honganji War. Again, traditional shogunate with exception of major administration and economy overhaul - in fact Takeda would be better into Naval Powers, except they aren't really...naval, if ya get my drift.

*Akechi Shogunate (Akechi Mitsuhide, capital - Kyoto) - Events #31, #32 and mostly #33 - Battle of Yamazaki, where Mitsuhide may achieve surprising victory and succeed Nobunaga (as historically Toyotomi did). Well, this Shogunate might be interested in rising life standard for all classes, aiming towards ancient Japanese values. Rather isolationist one.

Powerhungry Shogunates:

*Oda Shogunate (Oda Nobunaga, capital - well, probably Azuchi) - after all, he can survive Honnou-ji (#31), can't he? Since then, with all important rivals already dead it'd be a piece of cake to seize land for Oda. Strong military power, abolishing traditional feudal values (and maybe even feudal system) with religious freedom, maybe looking for conquest (Korea, Luzon).

*Toyotomi Shogunate (Toyotomi Hideyoshi/Hideyor, capital - Osaka) - if Gotairou won't fall (#57, #58), Hideyoshi's son might be able to take over. Well, except being negative towards Christians, Toyotomi would be similar to Oda - probably with addition of colonization (explorers and stuff).

*Ishida Shogunate (Ishida Mitsunari, capital - Osaka) - just in case if Western Army sohemow emerge victorious from Sekigahara (#65). Every events since Kusegawa (#60) may be used to support Western Army and so, make it victorious. Except that, Shogunate itself would be almost the same as Toyotomi - as Ishida was devoted Hideyoshi's retainer.

Naval Power Shogunates:

*Mouri Shogunate (Mouri Terumoto, capital - Aki) - lords of Aki were always good at sailing. If they can won a favour of Ikko-Ikki by helping them to defend Ishiyama-Honganji (mostly 2nd Kizugawaguchi, #26) and then make use of Honnou-ji Crisis (#31), why not? Mouri, based on superior navy would be somewhat traditional talking about internal affairs, with exception of using fleet to support Japan's interest outside of Islands (again, Korea), possibly colonization?

*Date Shogunate (Date Masamune, capital - Sendai) - One-Eyed Dragon enters this contest lately, but hey - he's Dragon after all. What if Date won't join up with Toyotomi at Odawara Siege? It may be great opportunity to strike both exhausted Hojo and Toyotomi armies (#48). Another chance might be meddling before Sekigahara and either join Western Army or fight alone - again, taking advantage of enemies casualties (#60-#65). Date Shogunate will encourage equality in society and religious freedom; Date is likely the best clan if you want to achieve peacuful westernization. Date's Japan is surely a trade power with strong fleet (but not as strong as Mouri's), opened towards neighbours and Europeans.

never played a japanese state, which is the best to play?

There would be only one state (I've written why breakaways are no-no in first post), you can only guide one of clans to victory by events. I can't think of better way to do it in FtG.
If you are asking which shogunate would be the best to play, well it depends what do you want to achieve in game after 1600. ;)

To create whole historical line and alternative ones, I think that I'd take more than 100 events for me to make. So it won't happen quickly. :D

Ryukyu (province 1816, the southernmost province of Japan ingame) actually became part of Japan only in the 1590´s
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Ryukyu#Japanese_invasion_and_subordination

As another one-province-minor might not be wanted I suggest to at least reduce the national core of Japan on Ryukyu to a claimcore.

For the same reason the Ashikaga-Shogunate should not have a national core but a claimcore on Ezo/Ezochi/Hokkaido. In the first 100 years of the game the japanese first only had a trading post there and later ruled half of that island.

Code:
nationalprovinces = {
		1433 1326 1013 [color=red]683[/color] 684 685 686 687 688 1414 1809 1810 1811 1812 [color=red]1816[/color] 625 1586
	}
[color=yellow]claimedprovinces =  {
		1816 #Ryukyu
		683 #Ezochi
	}[/color]

Last edited: