+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minor issue with Taking Back our Cores event

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Minor issue with Taking Back our Cores event

Event #911301 tries to call an event #911311 on the provinces I've occupied but that event does not exist.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Looks like i made a mistake...

Hotfix to be placed in MEIOU events folder
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

I presume it won't be a problem but the 'surrendered' flag and the 'surrender_timer' modifier are being applied in both #911301 and #911311. I assume they'll only work once per province; having two simultaneous surrender_timers would be deadly to a province's population.

80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    I'll check the events.

But a modifier, like a flag, can be set only once, it's not cumulative. A second attempt to set it will basically do nothing.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

I've decided to test the new (and old) AI modifiers on the decision for taking the provinces after the surrender_timer is up. Things I think are issues:
    - "is_core = FROM" on line #1382 doesn't seem to work. I've tested and found that "FROM = { is_core = THIS }" does seem to work though.
    - "FROM = { NOT = { primary_culture = THIS } }" on line #1406 definitely does not work. Using 'culture' instead of 'primary_culture' fixes it.
    - "NOT = { is_core = FROM }" on line #1422 is the same as the similar one earlier. "FROM = { NOT = { is_core = THIS } }" looks to work.
    - The bordering provinces check on line #1426-1430 still worries me because I'm not sure it's working as intended. As it stands, it won't fire false unless I have the province entirely surrounded. My suggestion is as follows:
    Current:
    Code:
                    FROM = {
                        any_neighbor_province = {
                            NOT = { owned_by = THIS }
                        }
                    }
    Fixed:
    Code:
                        FROM = { NOT = { any_neighbor_province = { owned_by = THIS } } }
    Apologies for the non-standard line formatting on that one.
    All of this was tested using Montfort occupying Bro Roazhon from a fresh game start, a situation where every modifier for taking the province should be true and every modifier to leave it should be false, with an event to occupy the province and an almost infinite event loop to see whether individual conditions would affect the AI's decision making.

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Looks like very nice suggestions, thanks for those fixes.
    •

+ Reply to Thread