+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Aut Caesar, Aut Nihil

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

(MOD) Aut Caesar, Aut Nihil

Version 0.9.3
    Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8mns347d4ef4pxh (Version 0.9.2 is ONLY save compatible with versions 0.9.0, 0.9.1)
    Clear the map cache in the mod when installing a new version.

For best results, play with Low Aggressiveness and No Historical Nations.

Sick of seeing ugly world maps as time goes on? Wish the Ottomans and the Russians would actually become major powers? Want to see large Europeans powers colonizing instead of mostly OPM's? My goal when compiling this mod is to fix these sort of problems. I also seek to fix these problems without deterministic events or modifiers, like "luck."

Other mods included in ACAN:
    • Devlet-i Ali Osman created by CanOmer
    • MiscMods created by Karhunkynsi
    • In Extenso Mod created by Wraitii
    • Colony Automatic Name Change Mod by knucky
    • Scando-Baltic Mod created by SapientHomo
    • Jurchen tribes from More Provinces Mod by DanubianCossak
    • If I have forgotten anyone please let me know

Major Changes in mod:
    • DW Steppe Horde system removed
    • DW Divided Japan system removed (Japan is now united, but suffers from a revolt risk malus for all provinces. Will eventually add a way to remove han system)
    • Rebels have been changed, now nationalist rebels are much rarer until later into the game, and patriot rebels help the AI expand more historically
    • Hybrid cultures have been added (Example: Franco-Spanish culture in areas influenced by both)
    • Indian sultanates have been given a boost to be competitive with the Hindus
    • The Ottomans have been buffed tremendously, with other large kingdoms buffed somewhat
    • Added more restrictions to the Holy War CB so it can be used in fewer cases
    • Colonial system changed to highly favor larger countries
    • Distinction between Kingdom, Principality and Duchy (Wallachia is a Principality, Ferrara is a Duchy etc)
    • Shaybanids and Mughals now show up (Mughals are pretty rare though)
    • Romanian and Hungarian are now in their own culture groups, and other cultures are rearranged to improve gameplay
    • A country's capital will move if surrounded by unowned provinces (under certain circumstances.)
    • Caliph system added to give a buff to large Muslim nations (Removed for now)
    • Oriental Orthodoxy and Sikhism added as new religions
    • In republics, the people choose the next ruler and not the player.

Problems/Fixlist:
    • Bohemia often expands far more than it should. (Fixed if start on recommended start date)
    • Europeans don't want to attack Native Americans.
    • Sweden often expands into Russia.

Here are some screencaps to show what this mod can do. This is a hands-off 1399 start with lucky nations set to "none." The year in these screencaps is 1678.

Feel free to use any part of this mod in your own mods. Just give me credit please.
    Last edited by xcrissxcrossx; 25-07-2013 at 02:36.
    Principalities mod for EU4: Not all monarchies should be kingdoms. Adds principalities (outside of HRE,) duchies (inside of HRE) and counties (inside of HRE.)
    Election mod for EU4: You no longer choose your elected ruler, your citizens do.
    Fixed Karelia for EU4: Fixes the map in Northern Finland/Russia.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

This looks very good. Will definitely download when it comes about.

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

I suggest you add the way SRI handles W African coastal provinces. Most of them, between Arguin and Benin, are not ports, and thus not directly colonizable, except through a series of 5 small enclaves, which you have to get 1st. It does seem to slow down ahistorical conquest and colonization.

If you cant find SRI, I use that map in my mod.
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

I am going to upload in a few hours, if not sooner. I planned on uploading sooner but I kept seeing things like Scotland revolting from Great Britain, leaving "Great Britain" owning only England. I still haven't fixed it, but it will be the first patch.

Africa usually looks fine in my tests with this mod, and I have been working with this map a lot already, so I doubt it will change. It is an older version of the DAO Lite map, but I think I prefer it over the newest.
    Principalities mod for EU4: Not all monarchies should be kingdoms. Adds principalities (outside of HRE,) duchies (inside of HRE) and counties (inside of HRE.)
    Election mod for EU4: You no longer choose your elected ruler, your citizens do.

Version 0.1.0 is up! If you try it out please leave any comments or report any bugs you encounter. I would say it is likely that there are some localization errors, so look out for those. Also if anyone has trouble with the new holy war system, let me know and I can explain it in detail. Taking Deus Vult as a NI should usually work.

Edit: Found a pretty large bug involving the Mamluks that will be fixed in v0.1.1
    Last edited by xcrissxcrossx; 05-07-2012 at 22:09.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Tucked away safely in your darkest nightmares
    Blog Entries
    That map is pretty, ergo I must follow this and download it as soon as possible
    EDIT: And here it is.
    Baghdad in the Sky with Diamonds: Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: Round 4 2011 and Round 1 2012 (co-winner); WritAAR of the week: October 2nd, 2011
    Updated 27/08/13!

Sorry the latest update is not save compatible, but usually they will be. It fixes a rather major problem in Egypt so I suggest you get it before you get too far it a game.

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

This looks good,downloading

Version 0.2.0 is now available! It is save compatible with v0.1.1 but not v0.1.0.

It improves upon the old version drastically and while it is save compatible, many of the changes are in the history files and so will only appear with a new game.

Version 0.3.0 is out. Not many changes except to the colonial system, but the colonial system is very improved! Only larger nations get the opportunity to colonize now, so you will not see things like "Aquilian North America." The only downside is that human-controlled small nations can not colonize either. I have done 2 hands-off games and the New World borders are beautiful! I will upload new screenshots soon.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Ive seen some save games you have left and the colonialism looks awesome!although i want hybrid cultures for colonies e.g. German colonialist,French etcetra instead of those colonialist cultures(because what if hansa colonises which i have seen in a savegame?would it be logical for the colonists to have british hames?)

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Ive seen some save games you have left and the colonialism looks awesome!although i want hybrid cultures for colonies e.g. German colonialist,French etcetra instead of those colonialist cultures(because what if hansa colonises which i have seen in a savegame?would it be logical for the colonists to have british hames?)
    I've actually thought about this myself too. I didn't actually program in the colonialist cultures myself (It is a part of Misc Mods) but once I fix some of the problems in my mod, I think this is the thing I plan on working on next.

This map is from 1620, and the new world is still pretty empty, but say the year was 1770 and this was how it looked.

I plan on making it so each of the four circled areas would have their own culture. Then each culture could have its own matching colonial revolter nation. In the current system, The northern Spanish area in the image would be divided between the U.S. and Canada, which I think isn't right. It should all revolt together.

----------------------

Also here's a picture of South America from the same game if anyone is interested in more screenshots. Both pictures are from hands off games.
    Last edited by xcrissxcrossx; 09-07-2012 at 18:26.

Europa Universalis IV

North america looks empty

North America in 1620 was emptier historically. Here's a pic of it in 1680. France was in Canada for a little while but Great Britain took their colony.

Version 3.1 will be up soon, as I am working out a bug with an event. Until then, here is a screenshot that I really like. France was gobbled up by Brittany, Sweden owns most of Scandinavia, Portugal was conquered by Spain (but later revolted as a very weak nation) and England is undergoing many problems. Because of this, Brittany and Sweden replace England and Portugal as colonial powers. If Portugal took back a few more provinces, Spain would revert back to Castille.

Europa Universalis IV

Does this mod add provinces?

Yes. It has the DAO map and that adds provinces.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Hey, excited about this mod, but atm I'm getting stuck on the Loading History Files page. I tried removing all the ~ province files, to no avail Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Sheba View Post
    Hey, excited about this mod, but atm I'm getting stuck on the Loading History Files page. I tried removing all the ~ province files, to no avail Any ideas?
    I am going to release an update (most likely tomorrow) that may be able to fix this. If it doesn't work I can look into it more. I would release it now but the game crashes once around 1700, and when I reload an autosave it doesn't crash again, so I can't find the problem. Thanks to this problem I have fixed a lot of bugs and errors though. I also made sure to look through the history files.

After that update, I plan on adding a tribal system where low stability makes your people abandon provinces, and high stability makes your people spread to new provinces of the same culture.
    Last edited by xcrissxcrossx; 13-07-2012 at 05:38.

Version 0.3.1 is up. It contains a lot of bug fixes and a couple of changes (most of them buffing the Ottomans.) I believe it also fixes the problem in Egypt. It was caused by one of the aforementioned bugs.

It also changed the map borders up by Russia so be sure to clear the map cache.

Also for anyone that is interested, most of the Ottoman buffs only apply to the AI.

Bear_Sheba, let me know if this fixes the loading problem.
    Last edited by xcrissxcrossx; 13-07-2012 at 19:09.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast