• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(41190)

Corporal
Mar 10, 2005
Hi, Finally got some time to load patch 1.02 and i cant get the game to play at all :(
when clicking on the Single player tab I get this message

---ERROR : (Missing = statement.) 'IMagic = SPA_DESC' Line = file = Mods/Darkest Hour Full/scenarios/save games\~$W GERMANY 1918.eug
Do you still want to continue?
Abort Retry Ignore

I cant get the game to play at all, not even any of the other scenarios.
:*(

Any help?

Thanks guys

Cheers. Ive registered the game a while ago, when i bought it. will repost in the tech forum
Ta

You may be better off just re-downloading the game and getting the latest version... as if you are patching 1.02 over 1.01(?).. I think the game has been significantly changed since then, and a patch may not fully do it (I could be wrong?).

Definitely easier just to re-download, because then, you'll know that it will work and be the most up to date version.

Hi, cheers.

Ive been looking at re downloading again. Amazon.com lets you do this, but it wont let me register because of my address . Amazon.co.uk would work, but it doesn't sell the game.
I originally got it from Gamersgate, but don't feel to happy about paying for it again (or maybe i just should).
I tried to find the original zip/rar file but i couldnt find it anywhere on my system. Anyone know what the original file is called and where it save to?

But.... i think you are right about the patches. I haven't used the earlier patches and just gone for patch 1.01.
Out of interest, game CTD because it struggles to load an old save game, even though im not playing a saved game. I thought that maybe the same game had corrupted so i deleted every same game (stored the files elsewhere) but the same error message came back.

The error message doesnt happen when i play the lite version though.

Hi, cheers.

Ive been looking at re downloading again. Amazon.com lets you do this, but it wont let me register because of my address . Amazon.co.uk would work, but it doesn't sell the game.
I originally got it from Gamersgate, but don't feel to happy about paying for it again (or maybe i just should).
I tried to find the original zip/rar file but i couldnt find it anywhere on my system. Anyone know what the original file is called and where it save to?
But.... i think you are right about the patches. I haven't used the earlier patches and just gone for patch 1.01.
Out of interest, game CTD because it struggles to load an old save game, even though im not playing a saved game. I thought that maybe the same game had corrupted so i deleted every same game (stored the files elsewhere) but the same error message came back.
The error message doesnt happen when i play the lite version though.

If you log on to Gamersgate, the game should still be there in your list of games. ??

Hi,
sorry for the late answer, but what you're saying makes little sense, so please clarify:
1) Where did you buy the game? Amazon? Gamersgate? With Gamersgate you can download it again for sure, I expect the same from Amazon
2) The game, at least from Gamersgate, it's not in a zip or rar file
3) Savegames from patch 1.01 are not compatible with patch 1.02
4) Where did you obtain the patch from anyway? In which format?

Is there a way to register the game without it showing up with a DH under your account? The whole game caming in a zip folder is pretty unusual for a non-pirated game...

Last edited:
Hi. I had said that "I originally got it from Gamersgate"
i also asked "anyone know what the original file is called and where it save to?"
Sorry if no one could remember what that file was called either.
I have redownloaded of from Gamersgate

It wasnt under my Gamersgame account, because my girlfriend had downloaded it as a gift for me, from her own account.
I have now re downloaded it and am very happy.
Just now need to get the patches sorted :D
Thanks again guys

The patch should be available from the launcher, but you have to register your game.

Ask your girlfriend to let you see the CD Key so you can register it. Or, if she gifted it to your GG account, you should have access to it there.

Try a reinstallation, it should work fine.