• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about the papacy. Like dynasties, he needs to be made way more important. ANd there needs to be a lot more politics, especially in Italy, to determine who the next pope will be. And can we get a college of cardinals?

the ability to send all the cavalry with a few courtiers instead of having every soldier belonging to his lord. ie u want to take rome however there is a small army sieging all the provinces that u already took. U decide to take the infantry force to rome while sending the mounted troops moving at a faster speed to eliminate or at least stall the opposing army

Seconding this.
There were something like a dozen kingdoms with rulers from my dynasty in the last game I played, and god knows how many other rulers were descendants of women in my dynasty, but the score only adds up from people I actually play? That makes no sense.

I played as England and shovelled off 7 Kingdoms (before 1.06 and Empires) to Family. We ruled Ireland, France, Iberia in two Kingdoms, Mauritania, Africa and Jerusalem. Seems bonkers that only my score counts as the Dynasty score.

I played as England and shovelled off 7 Kingdoms (before 1.06 and Empires) to Family. We ruled Ireland, France, Iberia in two Kingdoms, Mauritania, Africa and Jerusalem. Seems bonkers that only my score counts as the Dynasty score.

But doesn't the Dynasty score affect your characters prestige and thus indirectly your score?

More Prisoner Management would be nice besides just letting them go, Executing them or ransoming them. I mean why is there no option to interrogate the man who just led an army into my land so i can learn how well the Enemy leader thinks his position really is. Being able to convert them and befriend prisoners should be possible also so when you send them back they will work against their liege.

Better Control Over your Dynasty would be nice. Since they don't even give you score if your the Dynasty head (Presumably the Oldest and most Prestigious member of your house.) You should be able to have some command over your family. If your Cousin is in control of a country nearby and is of your dynasty and is bold enough to refuse your call to arms you should get a CB against him or something because otherwise they can tell you no and that's the end of it you cant do anything about it.

Empire megawars. If an Empire Title ends up getting hit with a succession war let it be like the GOT mod where all the Direct Vassals gain independence temporarily and choose who they are willing to support. I'd love to join certain depose liege plots as a vassal in the HRE but it just doesn't let you so the Emperor now just takes your men and waltzes away with them. True for Both Empires. The Byzantine despots and doux's would be much more fun to play if they could fight for Constantinople and the Emperor's Crown.

A Peace Negotiations Menu, I can get why the demands for peace with both factions are preset it stops players from abusing the system but it does take a bit of control out of the situation. If your fighting a Claim on England and manage to fight the current King to a bloody stalemate where your winning with Warscore but he stubbornly wont surrender It would be great to sit him down, Give him some terms, Say Ok not England give me Kent 500 Gold and I'll never bother you again. Or for Negotiating with Stubborn Muslims and Pagans in Holy Wars when they attack you, And you cant end the war until you fight them down to 100 Percent or force something horrible to happen that they need to surrender out of the war fast.

Addable claims For the Ruler Designer. Think about it, Your starting a custom ruler, that existed outside of history already, Why not have the Option to give him some Ahistorical Claims on titles without the console. So that you in theory could get involved in the Norman Invasion as a Forth party from Whales, Or if your starting with a count, save yourself the fifty gold and ages of waiting and give yourself a claim on a neighbor at the start. Or if your starting as a Pagan for whenever they become playable you can give yourself some claims on your neighbors so you can Roleplay uniting the Baltic Tribes and what not.

More people should be accepting court invitation. Family members abroad who's spouses died, courtier cousins, former employees, people who don't get along with the rest of the court or the court's liege, etc... All these have reasons to join your court rather than stay in someone elses..

Also:

Marriages
So a Count in Poland has access to brides ALL OVER THE WORLD? I think that playing as a count, one should only have access to local or regional brides. Playing as a Duke one should have access to neighboring real brides, and playing as a King or Emperor you should have access to European brides. An Irish Earl marrying a Ethiopian courtier doesn't make sense. DId Russian Dukes really marry Portuguese courtiers? What about Byzantine Doux's marrying Scottish Countesses? King of Sweden and Queen of Croatia?

Marriages should make more sense, they should be more regional depending on the status. A person of the time would feel more comfortable marrying someone of their same culture and religion, therefore the game should prioritize marriages to be more local depending on the rank a character has (count, duke, king, emperor, etc).

I love this suggestion. That's something really missing from the game...

The limiting marriages thing could also help with the problem of having characters own lands far away from each other all over the world. That way inheritance is more local and regional as well as realistic.

Also a mechanic to be able to seduce characters and have them as lovers so that they could act against their liege/spouse, etc... Or as another way to have a lot of children. Maybe have multiple lovers the same way Muslim rulers have multiple wives.

One should be able to arrange marriages for their children regardless if their children have titles or not. I guess the children could ask for permission to marry as well and it would be up to the ruler to deny or grant the marriage.

Full Court
If your court is getting too big, the only way to make it smaller is to send courtiers away on marriages, and with male courtiers send them away with matrimonial marriages. It would be nice if you could tell them to leave and also be able to send family to other courts in your realm. Like send some of your sons to live with your brother who is a Duke elsewhere and help him out, etc..

I agree about arranging marriages and about full court. Another solution to the full court problem would be sending old ladies to a convent.

Marriages
So a Count in Poland has access to brides ALL OVER THE WORLD? I think that playing as a count, one should only have access to local or regional brides. Playing as a Duke one should have access to neighboring real brides, and playing as a King or Emperor you should have access to European brides. An Irish Earl marrying a Ethiopian courtier doesn't make sense. DId Russian Dukes really marry Portuguese courtiers? What about Byzantine Doux's marrying Scottish Countesses? King of Sweden and Queen of Croatia?

Marriages should make more sense, they should be more regional depending on the status. A person of the time would feel more comfortable marrying someone of their same culture and religion, therefore the game should prioritize marriages to be more local depending on the rank a character has (count, duke, king, emperor, etc).

So... Yes it happened. This Swedish king married a polish princess. His son married the same woman. Or the daughter of the ruler of Namur (A county level in-game!) married a Swedish-Norwegian king. Or the daugther of another count in Germany married the Eastern Roman Emperor. Or the daughter of the Marquess of Montferrat. Or a french daughter of a count marrie the Hungarian king. So counts or there family can marrie in other realms. Thats really not impossible.

Edit: O! A better example are this woman. She was only a courtier of ERE and married a german duke.

The limiting marriages thing could also help with the problem of having characters own lands far away from each other all over the world. That way inheritance is more local and regional as well as realistic.

Realistic, really? I'd prefer to play in a world where I can play like the rukovichs and get married to everyone. One where Charles of Anjou can inherit/conquer lands all over the place, one where Burgandy can inherit the lowlands, one where England can hold Gascony, Dublin & Calais but not Wales, Scotland or Normandy.

I'd also like the stuff just outside of the time period to still be possible. Norse in Normandy, Apulia, Dublin, Iceland. Danes in England. Hapsburgs everwhere!

I love the majority of these ideas. It really annoys me when a family member revolts against you or just in general hates you. In my opinion in reality medieval European families would have liked each other, the things that made them revolt where other courtiers/powerful people forcing them to revolt or by them trying to gain out of your family members rebellion. That could quite easily be added in by events, for example a courtier/vassal of yours starts an event/plot to fabricate some made up argument between family members.

So... Yes it happened. This Swedish king married a polish princess. His son married the same woman. Or the daughter of the ruler of Namur (A county level in-game!) married a Swedish-Norwegian king. Or the daugther of another count in Germany married the Eastern Roman Emperor. Or the daughter of the Marquess of Montferrat. Or a french daughter of a count marrie the Hungarian king. So counts or there family can marrie in other realms. Thats really not impossible.

Edit: O! A better example are this woman. She was only a courtier of ERE and married a german duke.

A King and a princess of course... Poland and Sweden are practically nearby. Only a small body of water separating them. These are all nearby places.

What happened? These places are all nearby and these people you mentioned are all related to each other on a distant level so they knew of each other. The examples I gave have nothing to do with your examples. Sure some happened, but they were rare and the examples you gave aren't that special.

Can you find an example of a Russian noble marrying a Portuguese noble in the Middle Ages? What about a English noble marrying a Ethiopian one?

Realistic, really? I'd prefer to play in a world where I can play like the rukovichs and get married to everyone. One where Charles of Anjou can inherit/conquer lands all over the place, one where Burgandy can inherit the lowlands, one where England can hold Gascony, Dublin & Calais but not Wales, Scotland or Normandy.

I'd also like the stuff just outside of the time period to still be possible. Norse in Normandy, Apulia, Dublin, Iceland. Danes in England. Hapsburgs everwhere!

These places aren't far away from each other. When I say distant marriages I mean a Russian marrying a Portuguese courtier or a Englishman marrying a Ethiopian...

What about the papacy. Like dynasties, he needs to be made way more important. ANd there needs to be a lot more politics, especially in Italy, to determine who the next pope will be. And can we get a college of cardinals?
If turns out anything like Merchant Prince/Machiavelli: The Prince, cardinal will be one of the most dangerous jobs in the world.

I think you should be able to name your grandchildren and the head of the dynasty should be able to arrange marriages for everyone in his dynasty, even if they are not in his own court.

I've actually put a lot of thought in Dynasty to Dynasty relations and would like to put forward a suggestion.

- First, a Dynasty tab similar to Religion tab.

- Then, a Dynasty Head. The Matriarch or Patriarch of the Dynasty would also have powers similar to the Pope within it's dynasty. A Dynasty Head is determined by the Dynasty Succession Law. Those would be Elective, Seniority, Prestige and Primogeniture. The Dynasty head would have powers such as a parallel to Excommunication, Disinheriting.

- A disinherited person is a member of the dynasty in nothing but name. They are

• Removed from the line of succession within the dynasty. As are the person's children.
  • Gains a CB on the Dynasty head to 'Depose Dynasty Head.' If successful, they become the Dynasty Head, and obviously they are reinherited. Or something.
  • The Dynasty Head gains a CB on them, probably just a basic claim on all their titles.
  • The Disinherited has a large opinion malus with the rest of the dynasty.

- Then, a Dynasty Score rating, accumulated by the score of all the members of the dynasty.

- Then a list of Dynasty members, and obviously the Dynasty Tree.

- A list of all other Dynasties and their Score and Dynasty to Dynasty Relations.

• Dynasty to Dynasty Relations are determined by relations of individual Dynasty members, with a modifier depending on the status of the character within the Dynasty (their score contribution).
  • If Dynasty to Dynasty Relation is bad enough for a sufficient length, a new modifier is introduced, a.k.a Dynastic Rivalry.
  • Dynastic Rivalry gives a malus to individual and Dynasty relations.
  • Dynastic Rivalry gives a CB to the Dynasty members. This CB would not claim any land (as the dynasty does not have any actual claims, just a sustained rivalry) but would give a large amount of Prestige and Dynastic Score to the victors, as well as money, and decrease the Prestige and Dynastic Score of the losers considerably.
  • This gives the opportunity for interesting inter-dynasty conflict, with each side attempting to fabricate claims, assassinate the opposing side, gain prestige, and such.

- Dynasty Heads give protection to all Dynasty members. Dynastic members can call the Dynastic Head to arms, who will in turn call the rest of the Dynasty, and denying the Call to Arms would give an opinion malus and make you lose prestige (making you vulnerable to Disinheriting).

- Members could set up something similar to the Anti-Pope, their own Dynasty Head, to challenge the existing Head.

- Dynasty members could also form their own dynasty branches, with the ability to maybe create an independent Dynasty from the main tree, with a personalized Coat of Arms, and such. I don't know about this one, but maybe.