• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think you should be able to name your grandchildren and the head of the dynasty should be able to arrange marriages for everyone in his dynasty, even if they are not in his own court.

So? And if you are not the head of the dynasty? The KI can marry you? That would not very funny...

So? And if you are not the head of the dynasty? The KI can marry you? That would not very funny...
Maybe the A.I. shouldn't be allowed to do it but it makes sense, it happened historically

Maybe instead of actually arranging marriages the option to suggest marriages with for example a relations reduction if the suggestion is ignored.

I've actually put a lot of thought in Dynasty to Dynasty relations and would like to put forward a suggestion.

- First, a Dynasty tab similar to Religion tab.

- Then, a Dynasty Head. The Matriarch or Patriarch of the Dynasty would also have powers similar to the Pope within it's dynasty. A Dynasty Head is determined by the Dynasty Succession Law. Those would be Elective, Seniority, Prestige and Primogeniture. The Dynasty head would have powers such as a parallel to Excommunication, Disinheriting.

- A disinherited person is a member of the dynasty in nothing but name. They are

• Removed from the line of succession within the dynasty. As are the person's children.
  • Gains a CB on the Dynasty head to 'Depose Dynasty Head.' If successful, they become the Dynasty Head, and obviously they are reinherited. Or something.
  • The Dynasty Head gains a CB on them, probably just a basic claim on all their titles.
  • The Disinherited has a large opinion malus with the rest of the dynasty.

- Then, a Dynasty Score rating, accumulated by the score of all the members of the dynasty.

- Then a list of Dynasty members, and obviously the Dynasty Tree.

- A list of all other Dynasties and their Score and Dynasty to Dynasty Relations.

• Dynasty to Dynasty Relations are determined by relations of individual Dynasty members, with a modifier depending on the status of the character within the Dynasty (their score contribution).
  • If Dynasty to Dynasty Relation is bad enough for a sufficient length, a new modifier is introduced, a.k.a Dynastic Rivalry.
  • Dynastic Rivalry gives a malus to individual and Dynasty relations.
  • Dynastic Rivalry gives a CB to the Dynasty members. This CB would not claim any land (as the dynasty does not have any actual claims, just a sustained rivalry) but would give a large amount of Prestige and Dynastic Score to the victors, as well as money, and decrease the Prestige and Dynastic Score of the losers considerably.
  • This gives the opportunity for interesting inter-dynasty conflict, with each side attempting to fabricate claims, assassinate the opposing side, gain prestige, and such.

- Dynasty Heads give protection to all Dynasty members. Dynastic members can call the Dynastic Head to arms, who will in turn call the rest of the Dynasty, and denying the Call to Arms would give an opinion malus and make you lose prestige (making you vulnerable to Disinheriting).

- Members could set up something similar to the Anti-Pope, their own Dynasty Head, to challenge the existing Head.

- Dynasty members could also form their own dynasty branches, with the ability to maybe create an independent Dynasty from the main tree, with a personalized Coat of Arms, and such. I don't know about this one, but maybe.

These are good suggestions. It would also be good if their could be dynasty wide ambitions such as having a dynasty member be Cardinal or Pope or Holy Roman Emperor. Maybe have the dynasty work together to secure the Kingdom of Jerusalem to be under their control and be able to invite your whole family to accompany you on a crusade.

Maybe instead of actually arranging marriages the option to suggest marriages with for example a relations reduction if the suggestion is ignored.

This is a nice idea. Suggestion would be a good point.

The only negative opinions in this thread are coming for you, if you don't want any changes to improve the game don't bother posting here.

I only don't like some points. About the outers I haven't say anythink. I would like a mor or less realistic game. Sorry if I sound too harsh...

I like the idea of fixing the "Unappreciative Lords and Vassals" That's a huge problem I think.

And I also think that they should add a similar thing to what the game of thrones mod did with Rivals, enemies, hated, friends, ect.

The most important missing element to me is the lack of a base gold and manpower system. Right now the only difference between Cairo and Orkney in the long term is the number of max holdings. Making it so the quality of your lands is not based simply by how much gold you've shoved into it would be fantastic.

The most important missing element to me is the lack of a base gold and manpower system. Right now the only difference between Cairo and Orkney in the long term is the number of max holdings. Making it so the quality of your lands is not based simply by how much gold you've shoved into it would be fantastic.

Land fertility, population density,, and land desirability should factor in. Maybe one should be limited to building more holdings until they get more people living in said province and people could be attracted by building more buildings in your already existing holdings. There should be agricultural buildings though as well.

I miss EU2's culture events. I do get the occasional poet or painter, but I wouldn't mind having actual historical characters pop up.

I miss EU2's culture events. I do get the occasional poet or painter, but I wouldn't mind having actual historical characters pop up.

Like El Cid helping out in the Reconquista? Or what about something ahistorical like a Joan of Arc type of figure rising and boosting morale in your armies? Or a random character getting a special modifier making him a special character in battles or diplomacy?

Like El Cid helping out in the Reconquista? Or what about something ahistorical like a Joan of Arc type of figure rising and boosting morale in your armies? Or a random character getting a special modifier making him a special character in battles or diplomacy?

Yeah. And also some fun things like, you, know Chaucer springing up for the English or Giotto painting in Italy or Averroes in Al-Andalus, rather than the anonymous events that happen now. Some could be game-changing, like, I don't know, a three-month truce across the Catholic world when Summa Theologica is published. That sort of thing. Events rather than characters. Though the Kid would be cool. :p I know the game isn't meant to reflect history, and Chaucer would probably not have been born, etc. It's just that I would, occasionally, like to see a name that I recognise. :)

Which points don't you like?

The points I have say before

Like El Cid helping out in the Reconquista?

Hey... El Cid help in the Reconquista. Castillia have him in his court. :laugh:
But with his real name... Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar

Historically, accurate Coat of Arms. Example: The majority of England's Coat of Arms are NOT historically accurate. Especially the Coat of Arms for the Kingdom of England. The current Coat of Arms for England for the year 1066 is not historically correct based upon research I've done on the internet. Three golden lions passant guardant, on a red field was not used until 1198. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Arms_of_England A lot of the Duchy Coat of Arms in the game are incorrect also for several countries.

Is there ANY mod available that fixes this problem? Honestly, the Coat of Arms should be more dynamic & change based upon the period of time in history.

Historically, accurate Coat of Arms. Example: The majority of England's Coat of Arms are NOT historically accurate. Especially the Coat of Arms for the Kingdom of England. The current Coat of Arms for England for the year 1066 is not historically correct based upon research I've done on the internet. Three golden lions passant guardant, on a red field was not used until 1198. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Arms_of_England A lot of the Duchy Coat of Arms in the game are incorrect also for several countries.

Is there ANY mod available that fixes this problem? Honestly, the Coat of Arms should be more dynamic & change based upon the period of time in history.

Different regions seems to have used different symbols? Like a lot of French coat of arms use the Fleur-de-lis. It would be hard to make accurate coat of arms for every duchy and county in the game but perhaps the custom ones could be more accurate to the region.

Yes, I would like historical COA too. But in the English example, I would have said the dragon of Wessex - and I have seen a picture of that in the forums here, so it must exist in a mod. :)

Very nice suggestions!

I would love an ipad/iphone app that would suck all the info from a save file and present them in a nice manageable way so I can get my situation anywhere and plan my next moves. Obviously if they make the game playable on ipad that would be useless...