• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(510039)

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Jun 17, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
My dynasty is about to come to an end, and I can't do anything about it except pray for a miracle. Through a Seniority-based succession system, I ended up with only elderly women inheriting the throne. I finally have one who's beloved by all to the point where she can change the succession laws, but there's nothing that helps here. She's married to the King of England, and he naturally wanted the kids to continue on in his dynasty (I'm sure he wouldn't have agreed to the marriage otherwise). Any succession law change that allows her to pick her children as successors will end the dynasty.

This brings us to the queen's sister, who at age 67 is unmarried. She's the only one left of the bloodline, and she'd take the throne anyway when the queen dies. I realize there's got to be a 0.00% chance of her getting pregnant. But, for future reference, what should be considered the oldest age to expect new potetial heirs to be produced? I seem to recall marrying off my 21-year-old son to a 38-year-old duchess, and she got pregnant almost immediately.

There are some pics in the strange screenshots thread of women in their 50s being pregnant, but I think that it is extremely rare.

My dynasty is about to come to an end, and I can't do anything about it except pray for a miracle. Through a Seniority-based succession system, I ended up with only elderly women inheriting the throne. I finally have one who's beloved by all to the point where she can change the succession laws, but there's nothing that helps here. She's married to the King of England, and he naturally wanted the kids to continue on in his dynasty (I'm sure he wouldn't have agreed to the marriage otherwise). Any succession law change that allows her to pick her children as successors will end the dynasty.

This brings us to the queen's sister, who at age 67 is unmarried. She's the only one left of the bloodline, and she'd take the throne anyway when the queen dies. I realize there's got to be a 0.00% chance of her getting pregnant. But, for future reference, what should be considered the oldest age to expect new potetial heirs to be produced? I seem to recall marrying off my 21-year-old son to a 38-year-old duchess, and she got pregnant almost immediately.
Won't swear, but I think the feast affair event sequence allows for the possibility of a female ruler having an affair with the male spouse of a female vassal. Didn't actually try it, but I remember reading it with almost the exact same scenario in mind, not seeing an age limit, and wondering if it was intentional or an "oops" (probably the latter). But you might want to check it out, or some other pregnancy/affair event sequences and confirm whether it's really possible. If so, assassinate your way to having a married female vassal, throw a lot of parties before you die and hope (odds were low, IIRC, and it requires that random event fire first, and I think you had to be lustful). So, even if possible, it might not be doable, realistically, and would probably get pricey, anyway.

Or you could use the console to fire the event, if you're so inclined? Course you can always lower your age or edit the save file or edit the defines.txt file if you're inclined to go that route.

I think the game does events depending on your circumstance, so if you're about to lose and have no way out, it's likely you may get a bastard event or something...or if you want to ensure you don't lose your game, just manually fire the bastard event.