+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the oldest age a woman can get pregnant?

What's the oldest age a woman can get pregnant?

My dynasty is about to come to an end, and I can't do anything about it except pray for a miracle. Through a Seniority-based succession system, I ended up with only elderly women inheriting the throne. I finally have one who's beloved by all to the point where she can change the succession laws, but there's nothing that helps here. She's married to the King of England, and he naturally wanted the kids to continue on in his dynasty (I'm sure he wouldn't have agreed to the marriage otherwise). Any succession law change that allows her to pick her children as successors will end the dynasty.

This brings us to the queen's sister, who at age 67 is unmarried. She's the only one left of the bloodline, and she'd take the throne anyway when the queen dies. I realize there's got to be a 0.00% chance of her getting pregnant. But, for future reference, what should be considered the oldest age to expect new potetial heirs to be produced? I seem to recall marrying off my 21-year-old son to a 38-year-old duchess, and she got pregnant almost immediately.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think it's 45.

First Lieutenant Amadeu of Savoy's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I got my 42-year-old queen wife pregnant, but IIRC is very unlikely to get pregnant over 40 year old in CKII.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete

Sorry but 35 seams the magic fertility number. Rare past 35 and I have never seen one get pregnant past 45, sorry I am also having some fertility issues in my current game

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMagickaVictoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

There are some pics in the strange screenshots thread of women in their 50s being pregnant, but I think that it is extremely rare.
    The Iron Horde: A Kirghiz Narrative AAR My Inkwell.

"There is nowhere else. You will only tread a circle, Titus Groan. There's not a road, not a track, but it will lead you home. For everything comes to Gormenghast."

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

This is in the defines.txt

"45 #_CHDEF_MAX_CHILD_BIRTH_AGE_"

So 45 is the max age but you can easily change this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoTomba View Post
    My dynasty is about to come to an end, and I can't do anything about it except pray for a miracle. Through a Seniority-based succession system, I ended up with only elderly women inheriting the throne. I finally have one who's beloved by all to the point where she can change the succession laws, but there's nothing that helps here. She's married to the King of England, and he naturally wanted the kids to continue on in his dynasty (I'm sure he wouldn't have agreed to the marriage otherwise). Any succession law change that allows her to pick her children as successors will end the dynasty.

This brings us to the queen's sister, who at age 67 is unmarried. She's the only one left of the bloodline, and she'd take the throne anyway when the queen dies. I realize there's got to be a 0.00% chance of her getting pregnant. But, for future reference, what should be considered the oldest age to expect new potetial heirs to be produced? I seem to recall marrying off my 21-year-old son to a 38-year-old duchess, and she got pregnant almost immediately.
    Won't swear, but I think the feast affair event sequence allows for the possibility of a female ruler having an affair with the male spouse of a female vassal. Didn't actually try it, but I remember reading it with almost the exact same scenario in mind, not seeing an age limit, and wondering if it was intentional or an "oops" (probably the latter). But you might want to check it out, or some other pregnancy/affair event sequences and confirm whether it's really possible. If so, assassinate your way to having a married female vassal, throw a lot of parties before you die and hope (odds were low, IIRC, and it requires that random event fire first, and I think you had to be lustful). So, even if possible, it might not be doable, realistically, and would probably get pricey, anyway.

Or you could use the console to fire the event, if you're so inclined? Course you can always lower your age or edit the save file or edit the defines.txt file if you're inclined to go that route.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I believe some events make a woman pregnant regardless of age.
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Creator and GM of the OT Forum Game
    Evil Genius: Mastermind

Quote Originally Posted by Tapscott View Post
    True my lady still got pregnant at 48

stupid kid...I had to execute him later tho

Quote Originally Posted by Tapscott View Post
    This. There's an age limit on the normal pregnancy mechanic, but event-driven pregnancy uses a different mechanic.

Switch to elective and give a duchy to a dynasty member (preferably a young one with high stats). Nominate him for the throne and then he will be your heir. Problem solved.

Now i know the magic number 45. Often times when my wife comes to 35ish to 40ish, and I want to have more children, I plot to kill them. But now I'll do this at 45. Thanks!

My late King's wife got pregnant at 45. It's still a record so I suppose that's the !magic number" too.

I think the game does events depending on your circumstance, so if you're about to lose and have no way out, it's likely you may get a bastard event or something...or if you want to ensure you don't lose your game, just manually fire the bastard event.

+ Reply to Thread