• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

theformersosuke

Corporal
72 Badges
Feb 19, 2010
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Gettysburg
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
The Grasshopper In the High Castle - KR Russia-Asb

The World Is Aflame

I write these words, Long after the Fires of the Great War has ended, Long after Berlin had taken Paris, and
Long After Moscow Had Taken Berlin. My Name is Masilios Prinos, I was Born December 13th 1994, And I write
to you In the year 1923...

Well Everything has to start somewhere right? well, I am starting a Kaisereich Russian Aar. First one, possibly Last one. At Least I hope it leaves An Imprint for everyone

Last edited:
Page one:
This is no simple task. How am I to describe those confusing first few days? wandering through a city that I only vaguely recalled? How am I to describe the terrifying feeling of taking another mans life, for the first time? I awoke in the City of Stali-Tsaritsyn on December 23rd. 1920. I had no food, clothing that seemed to defy the times, and a lack of understanding of all that surrounded me, My glasses, always dirty, and scratched lay on the ground in front of me and When I reached to grab them, the ground began to quake I quickly pulled them to my face, just in time to see the Shells begin to impact houses in the distance. as I got up, Men rushed past me, almost ignoring me in their haste.
64385.jpeg

As I looked on in confusion one of them abruptly turned aiming the gun at me
Kogo vy borolisʹ?
Shit, I looked at him for a moment, before his comrades also began to turn
Vy borotʹsya za revolyutsiyu?
As they all began to Aim the guns at me I shouted ENGLISH!
They hesitated for a moment, talking amongst themselves
Mikhail Vy govorityeyazykom ne tak li?
Kapitan nemnogo
Togda sprosite yego, chto on zdesʹ dlya togo, ubitʹ yego, yesli on yavlyaet·syaproklyatym tsarskim
The men abruptly left, save for one a pudgy fellow, that didnt look as far as upset as the rest of his friends
You Speak English?
For a moment I relaxed, finally able to communicate
Yes
Are you...Comrade?
I hesitated, Comrade? Oh...I put on the best grin I could
I fight for the Revolution!
The Communist Grins back at me
Good Come, Names Mikhal
Masilos
it was a random name, no where near what my name truly was, At this point I didnt care, I was trapped in Russia, a Russia Decades old, A russsia that I thought no longer existed...the Ussr
I followed him, finally reaching the edge of the Town, where his comrades all waited in a crudely made trench They all glared at me, especially the squad leader, A stalky pointed nose, unshaven man. he looked up to Mikhail
On khorosho
He nodded focusing Back on making these...trenches better.
He Is Captain Theodore, he says something you listen yes?
Okay
I nodded, realizing just how trapped I truly was
Welcome to Russia Comrade
And thats when the Artillery fired Up again.

The Trenches Brought no peace, hell the instant I got there, shells started Flying. I was seventeen years old when the world began to fall apart, I read about the great war, how volleys were followed by massed attacks, but at least for now...nothing happened. Mikhail and I slowly grew friendly, hell he was the only guy I could talk to.
Masilios!
Da?
Here
He tossed me a gun, not a good one from what I could see. but hell this is ninety years till the scar-h and at least twenty until the mp-40. I looked the gun over for a second, It was Bolt action like that one gun from....Is it a Mosin? I looked at Mikhail
Mosin Nagant?
he looked at me and Smiled Happily
Da!
He spent the next few hours making sure I was Prepared, I knew How to fire and Reload, and take the things apart by the end of the day, but what I learned before the night arrived is what Shocked me
Mikhail?
Yes?
What Year is it?
Who won the war?
He Glared at me for a moment before responding
the Germans...
What of France? Did Paris...
He looked at me, not glaring now, just confused
Paris? Kaput France? Fallen, Commune has Risen

And thats when things went Off the deepend, I knew history! America had intervened and Germany had lost, was he just lying? or was I in some eskewed History, as well as in the Past? when I finally passed out later that night, I found myself unable to answer that question...

This Time I awoke to the Shells falling all around, this time it felt different, not just an attempt to frighten us, but this time to destroy us in our entirety. I heard Whistles, and Then Mikhail Shouted
Get up! Get up! they Attack!
I almost stood up before Mikhail pushed me back down Stay down, or They shoot you!
The rest of his men fired at the Enemy, mysterious as they were to me, as Mikhail Turned just intime for one Shell to explode at the front of the Trench, His body was like a shield as the metal shards flew into him, he Collpased to the ground taking a few ragged breaths, I saw....I saw his heart physically stop beating, and His eyes abruptly closed, so many thoughts crossed my mind in those chaotic Instant, but as I looked to the squad around me, firing out at the Capitalists the only thought I had was one of Lonelyness, the blackness began to envelop me, but I never truly felt myself hitting the ground...

The beginning of this AAR reminded me of Bringing the Jubilee, by War Moore. Nice, very nice.

Ah Well, It looks Like I will be getting a lot of Fanfare, well anyway this wont be Involving Pictures if thats what your Hoping for, Im terrible with all the utilities at my disposal, but Im hoping to develop things for the Lead up, like perhaps Masilios's path from Tsaritsyn....to well, Im not telling you yet

@Kurt_steiner
That surprised me, I've read the Short story version of that Book, and your right! it wasn't really planned like that but thats bizzare.

@everyone
Thanks for the Comments, and the next post should be up by the end of the Hour

I awoke almost oblivious to my surroundings, Bodies lay in the ground Crumpled, Theodore still remained, shouting at me though and as he pulled me to my feet I only barely notived the world falling to pieces around me
GO!
His word had the impact of a of bass suddenly erupting in the middle of the night, I launched myself out of the trench and away from the fighting, him not far behind, the Bullets Zipped passed us, one slamming into the back of my leg, and passing through, I stumbled for a moment before he gripped me by my shirt collar and half dragged, half Launched me back to my feet. Going on nothing but Pure Adreniline We finally reached a house, un hit by bullets, we rested in their, breathing raggedly

"Mikhail"
I whispered my one...Friends name, only to have Theodore look at me somberly shaking his head. for a moment I lowered my head, but The impact of all I had seen began to retake its effect, my body Shaked for a moment, and I ran to the back of the Broken Home, My lunch left across the floor. I turned and looked at My
Captain
"YA khorosho"
He nodded and we stepped back out into the Hell, the next few days passed with attempts to connect the Historic knowledge I had, with the things that had gone on around me, Germany had won the First world war, If not simply just the Great war, and the world had been shattered by the victory. The russian Civl war remained in full swing, but without Allied Victory, their would be no Intervention by america, or England, and yet it seemed the Whites, as disunited As I had believed were fighting together, and were "Organized" I wracked my head for information, Finally the names I could recall popped up, Denikin, the Leader of the Southern Forces, Kolchak leader of the Far east, and Wrangel the Baron that fought the last great battles in the Crimea.
That last Name though, brought me to attention, Wrangel had been a Despot, yet had Organized The Whites during those last Dark Days, he had done so without destoying so much, as The Madman Stalin would one day acomplish, he was a Facist....or something along those lines, perhaps Facism never existed here? At least, there is no Hitler, or is there?
I recalled the massed amounts of Literature I had read, and for a moment a Word seemed on the verge of being Understood, If only At that moment I had recalled it...things may have turned out different, yet for all that Its worth, I am glad I was lost in Ignorance for those last few moments, and When I fired the Mosin into the Back of My Captains Head, there was no regret, I had come here with a Purpose, To Fix Reality.

Ah Well, It looks Like I will be getting a lot of Fanfare, well anyway this wont be Involving Pictures if thats what your Hoping for, Im terrible with all the utilities at my disposal, but Im hoping to develop things for the Lead up, like perhaps Masilios's path from Tsaritsyn....to well, Im not telling you yet

Well, you know, 'write it and they will come'

It seems that our young character has chosen to change sides, right?

I would think that the main character has decided to remain on his ownside and to correct reality...

If you include anything "Second Variety" related I'm going to pee my pants from sheer terror. I read that when I was eight and I still think that with the possible exceptions of "The Monkey", "The Raft" and "Rats in the Walls" it is the scariest short story ever.

@Lets just say the Character has an indepth Understand of the Kaiserreich universe...for reasons that are quite logical

@KaiserMuffin I have never read "Do androids dream of electric sheep", nor Have i read the man in the high castle :p

@Straczynski Ah mawgawd this is scary....I need to go work on the Italian Empire mod XD

@ H.Appleby *Blank stare*Whaaaaa?

New one up in an Hour, and I swear to god, its gonna be a hell of a confusing story

The World flew past me afterwards, I marched through the snow, through the homes before realizing just how alone I really was.
finally comming upon a Park Bench...broken and shattered but well enough to use, I silent sat and stared into the sky, the Draft
of snow became all I could hear, and then the voices returned
The White Russian were quick to notice me, My clothing was altogether different, My ethnicity all but giving away my alien nature.
One moved up to me and Spoke, suprisingly knowing the correct langauge
"What is an Englishmen doing so far into Hell?"
I looked towards the Soldier and for a moment,the world froze I stared into this man....and something seemed to tear at me.
tumblrllmn67shak1qfieib.jpg

"what is a German doing so far into Russia?"
He beamed at me for only a moment before grinning and shouting
"Fighting the Damned Bolsheivks!"
Pumping his fist into the air we shared a quiet chuckle before he swiftly asked
"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?"
I searched for reasons and quietly came up with on
"what are we all doing here? ending the Marxist Menace"
He almost shouted with Laughter before patting me on the shoulder
"Gut, but why are you here?"
I pointed back to where Theodores corpse lay
"Lucky me, that I was their prisoner...didnt last long"
He pulled me to my feet forcefully before shouting to his friends
"Ein englischer Gefangener! Sollen wir ihn zum Kapitän?"
Seien Sie ein wenig leiser Adolf! geben Sie ihm eine Waffe! er kann helfen, nehmen Sie die Stadt, als der Kapitän ihn sehen kann!
Wait....wait I heard that, Adolf...he said Adolf. he looked back at me that calm smile of his ever present on his face, he thrust the gun that I had lay by Theodore into my hands
"Help us take the city, and We can find you a way out of this hell!"
His words seemed to play out so nicely, convincing me to take up arms at an instants notice, but I stayed calm for that moment, the question still Gnawing in my head
"Sir what is your Name?"
He grinned again before speaking calmly
"My Name is Adolf Hitler"
Enough madness had occured in the past few days to put me on the edge of Sanity, and that last sentence broke me, the next week was one I wish to forget, I ended the lives of no less then fifty russian soldiers, and watched as my "Allies" killed hundreds more, when I finally learned that "The Bolshevik bastards had retreated!" There was no golden lining, just a slim line of Blood.
We spoke as equals, and yet it seemed so Bizarre, knowing what he would become.
Much was explained to me those Few days In January, while the Bolsheviks hadnt retreated, the northern portion of the city remained in their hands, they were losing. As Had the Allies....as Adolf told me America had never joined the war, and so Germany had been victorius. yet as I learned England remained in the fight, trapped behind the Suez unable to acomplish anything beyond Naval raids, Beyond that Hitler told me one more thing, The Whites were united. That last bit of information made me laugh for the first time since I had gotten here, and yet it was no joke. Kolchak, Deniken, and even that one guy...Yukenich? up near Saint Petersburg had agreed to work together, and even better Germany had ended up intervening. The White Russians would win, that much was clear....and yet so much of this seemed played out, I had seen it all, somewhere before, but I could not make it out, I turned to Adolf during one of our normal speels after a raid and Asked him calmly
"What would you call Germany before the Great war?"
"In english? The Second Empire, but in my native tongue it would be Das Zweite Reich"
"Amd what would you call it now?"
"I would call it the same...others may call it Wilheims Empire, or In my Native tongue -"
"Kaiserreich"
He Looked at me and Grinned
"Yes! how did you know?"
I looked at him for a moment, my mind shuffling so many thoughts, so many Ideas, yet only one arose
"Somethings, Hitler, I wish I had never learned"
He tilted his head at me for a moment, but shook it off before going back to our normal conversations
I Spent the night after that conversation awake in thought, searching for the best way to explain what I thought, but little could have explained it. for now I was left with a simple phrase
"Welcome to the Land of Take what you Want...."
and when I stormed out of the trench, A future Genocidalist to my side, I took what I want, for a land of such false Ideas, belong only to the mad...

The question is: will Adolf die his KR death or our universe traveller will help him a bit?

*Folds hands into doom pyramid*

Looks and reads very well. I'm impressed.

We need the Chronosphere! Save us Einstein!

[video=youtube;ABDm2JcnTPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABDm2JcnTPs[/video]

@ Kurt_Steiner, Lets just say our Resident Timetraveler has a moment of Compassion, from which, shit gets real

@Milites Whoa really? that Much Surprises me, In hindsight it feels terrible

@Mr. Santiago Im gonna go with no, he wont make it past the Russian Civil War....hehehe

Anyway two hours till Next Post, things begin to Speed up as the City of Tsaritsyn finally falls, And Masilios his
Godfather of sorts