• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

secretalex125

Captain
11 Badges
Jun 24, 2008
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War

Nova Europa - Europe 1942
What if Germany captured Great Britain and Ireland and never attacked the USSR?...
promo4copy.png

Storyline

January 1942.

European, African theatre situation.

Europe has been mostly conquered by the Axis forces by March. On 3 March the United Kingdom autorities capitulated whilst the rest of the Kingdom entered in a phase of Dominion Reformation - giving India independence on a agreement of common war against the forces of Axis. The King and the government decided to sign a bitter peace with the German government. Whilst not satisfied with the lack of African and Indian colonies, it has been considered wiser to re-arm and lobby the US to help them and confront the Axis forces. The lack of French and British colonies - with the failure of British and Free French forces and Spanish annexations - is not a jolly addition to the current state of the Kingdom. The USSR has signed the "Minsk Agreement" - to keep a peaceful Europe in exchange for leaving the USSR expand in China and Asia, to Japan's despair. Mussolini expanded his already great empire through the Middle East and is currently enjoying the popularity in Italy. However, there is a part of the population less interested by Mussolini's conquests and more interested on the throne of his empire.

American continent
After UK's failure on it's mainland, Newfoundland became the Kingdom's capital. The Canadian government wasn't too happy of giving it's independence making the Kingdom currently impotent on it's own. However, Winston Churchill isn't giving up. He managed to keep his popularity inside the state and decided that the islands and remaining colonies to be re-industrialized to help rearming of the last major weapon inside British hands - the navy.
The United States is currently in the middle of a conflict with the Empire of Japan. Whilst Japan is no longer supported by Germany, this doesn't make Roosevelt more kind with Hitler. It does however make his troops more concentrated on fighting with the Japs thus having a plus in the face of Japanese forces. Another major interest of the US is the alliance with the Central and South American states - to keep up with the German, Italian and Spanish colonies in Africa.

Asia, the Chinese War with Japan and Soviet entanglements there.
The USSR hasn't lost it's appetite for war and spheres of influence. The Zhukov Plans is the key strategy here - the USSR won't keep it's hands off Iran, India, China or Japan. Whilst influencing India might not be the wisest thing to do to the Brits, it is something necessary for the Soviet War Machine.
China has lost many territories to Japan - it is not a secret. However, the coming Soviet influence might make the Nationalist leaders more interested in another ceasefire or peace with Japan, for the sake of saving China from communist influence. Even collaboration is currently an option for the Nationalists, but it is currently to be decided...

The world is currently in Berlin's hands - will we see a Cold War or a bloody Third World War?

More information coming soon...

Last edited:
Big Germany, big Italy, and big Romania? Was there a war that united Central Europe but divided the Balkans? I assume those are the Soviets in the east too?

If Britain doesn't have the Middle East prior to the 30's, then something terrible happened to the British Empire, if it even existed...

Did Britain lose the war of the colonies to France?

EDIT: Derp, didn't read the subtitle.

Russia losing the British and likely American support since they can't drop supplies through the Atlantic or Pacific without being racked by German/Japanese naval and air forces, the Russians would be in a pinch. They'd need to push on at least one front. Asia, or Europe.

If they push the Germans, they're dealing with the practically entire European theatre, which is both a nightmare for USSR and the Axis, since the Axis will be dealing with a lot of partisans and logistical problems. Not to mention being tied down for... irregular operations.

Germany will need to build up defences and restock their armies, and quickly.

Very interesting. I assume by the map that the start date is 1942? Are the Soviets invading? What's Japan doing? How about the US? British and French resistance? Canada?

In b4, thousands of posts arguing and asking why USSR didn't DOW on Germany, like happened in my 1943 cease fire project.

what if... france government got scared and surrendered when germany encircled and broke the maginot line, not after the capture of paris
therefore given lenient terms- http://imageshack.us/f/855/neidea.jpg/

marsille can be demanded by italy, but most likely france will refuse, if Italy choose press on the issue, germany will back up france
france is NOT a puppet, but because their cooperation, they became german's new favorite pet
leading to tension between germany and italy, but not enough to break their friendship... yet
future events will tear the axis slowly apart, they start to double guess their friends, and finally the axis is broken

the french people will not be happy about their government, other factions will rise, especially the left that hates nazism
french civil war maybe?

i will think of something for japan once i have more info

a popular front of leftiest revolution in france will be hard, it is surrounded by facist foes everywhere- germany, britain, italy, and franco spain
who will be the modern day napoleon to win back france?
french government is weak, and the germans are unwelcome, maybe there is a chance after all

charles de gaulle died serving as a colonel in the maginot, his philosophy left an imprint on every french heart, "France has no friends, only interests".
the government opposition, in need for a secure base, promises Franco boredeux, mont de marsan, pau, and agen
which franco gladly accepts
when france is unified, those 4 provinces are ceded to franco... temporarily
when the french arch enemy germany is defeated
france will take back what's rightfully her's-
to war with franco

@whatguts:
1. The border regions will be given according to the real-life scenario; in real-life, regions were actually controlled by Italy and Germany, but were on paper Vichy France's. The rest of the first idea is mostly not based on real-life history, but on gameplay - please keep things historic.
2. No, the scenario will start from 1942 - no such chance. Right now France is a german puppet.
3. Again, nothing historic.

So please, if you don't have anything remotely linked to real life history, don't say.

what if... france government got scared and surrendered when germany encircled and broke the maginot line, not after the capture of paris
therefore given lenient terms- http://imageshack.us/f/855/neidea.jpg/

marsille can be demanded by italy, but most likely france will refuse, if Italy choose press on the issue, germany will back up france
france is NOT a puppet, but because their cooperation, they became german's new favorite pet
leading to tension between germany and italy, but not enough to break their friendship... yet
future events will tear the axis slowly apart, they start to double guess their friends, and finally the axis is broken

the french people will not be happy about their government, other factions will rise, especially the left that hates nazism
french civil war maybe?

i will think of something for japan once i have more info

But why did they split Switzerland?

Could I make a little complaint about the european situation of Italy? One of the major goals of Mussolini in entering the war was to gain the irredent territories of Italy as Dalmatia, Nice, Savoy, Corsica, Malta, Lubjana and Kotor. If Germany and Italy would have won in Europe these territories would of course be owned by Italy (probably event Cyprus itself and the Egean Island would pass over to Italy, Germany had small to no interest in the Mediterranean, since their fleet wasn't big enough)

@Purfa: They pretty much get them, the maps is slightly innacurate. The French provinces are about to be annexed. Ljubljana was never meant to be Italian. Crete, Cyprus and the Aegean Islands are owned by Italy.

@Bogdan: Irrelevant since I find that the respective mod hasn't been properly made and all I see is some randomly throwed stuff here and there. What I tried to do was to respect real life history as much as possible. Thus, Poland was germanified (same with French Eastern regions), the other countries are still Reichskommisariats (with a possible event of greater liberty; however they are tied to respect certain deals in Kaiserreich Romania style). Other places are about to be germanified e.g. Denmark, Norway and Holland (but only partially).

There are other details as well e.g. new production images for tanks, inf, airplanes, (not Francesco's, but they might be useful for a while), interface goodies, etc.

Hopefully I will be able to present a proper mod ASAP.