• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sarys

Captain
60 Badges
Apr 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Yeah I bought Victoria complete (I think that was the name) from stem and I just want to know can I convert my EU2 save to victoria if my vic is from steam and EU2 is original cd (or MEDALION or something like that)

It shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure that you use the right converter for your version. Victoria Complete is Victoria + Victoria: Revolutions so you need this, others can be found here.

Oh yeah one more thing. Can i convert my Eu2 save to stem version of vic1? (eu2 is medalion)

I'm not sure whether I get what you are saying. That was the original question, wasn't it? The Steam version of Victoria: Revolutions should be 2.1 as Steam always uses the latest patch and, as I said before, this means you need this converter. Do you have any problems with the readme in this file?

It's probably best to use a patched version of EU2. You can get the latest patch here, but be aware that you cannot continue savegames from before you patched.

Hope this helps. If you still have problems, please try to give more information.

I'm not sure whether I get what you are saying. That was the original question, wasn't it? The Steam version of Victoria: Revolutions should be 2.1 as Steam always uses the latest patch and, as I said before, this means you need this converter. Do you have any problems with the readme in this file?

It's probably best to use a patched version of EU2. You can get the latest patch here, but be aware that you cannot continue savegames from before you patched.

Hope this helps. If you still have problems, please try to give more information.

Oh yeah sorry stupid me. I mean from Vic to Hoi2

There is a fan-made converter for Vicky to HoI2 on the same page (direct link: here). V:R should also give you the option to directly convert your savegame from within the game (once it's finished). The latter option has some weird kinks, though and only works with Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday.

In any case, things will be a little generic as there are simply many countries that don't have equivalents in HoI2 (no South German Federation, Chinese Empire, Indian minors, etc.). You are probably going to be disappointed if you play one of the more unusual EU2 countries.

There is a fan-made converter for Vicky to HoI2 on the same page (direct link: here). V:R should also give you the option to directly convert your savegame from within the game (once it's finished). The latter option has some weird kinks, though and only works with Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday.

In any case, things will be a little generic as there are simply many countries that don't have equivalents in HoI2 (no South German Federation, Chinese Empire, Indian minors, etc.). You are probably going to be disappointed if you play one of the more unusual EU2 countries.

Yeah I guess I play as Bohemia

Well, at least Czechoslovakia is in the game. Could be worse. Going from multiple French or German minors to one unified nation is even less appealing.

Sorry, haven't played EU2 in ages. There were some unification events (Spain comes to mind) if I am not mistaken, but Bohemia is probably out of luck. Still, you would get Czech ministers when converting. That's something, at least.

Hey I was just wondering that should I buy Vic 2? I have no Vic 1 experience (steam is banned in the place where I'm at the moment so no vic 1 for 5 moths :(

Vicky 2 is a good game, especially with the A House Divided expansion. If you have the money, go for it. The Pop Demand Mod is pretty good and makes the game a bit more historical, but it's quite a lot more free-form than Vicky 1. It is also quite a bit more performance hungry, so better have a look at the system requirements before you buy. Gamersgate doesn't require you to be online to play, but it's still 20 € for the game and another 20 € for the expansion. Probably there is going to be a summer sale in the next one or two months, though. I bought both for less than 20 € on the whole.

If you also have trouble downloading stuff with your internet connection, just sign up for Gamersgate and try downloading the free game you get with that.

Vicky 2 is a good game, especially with the A House Divided expansion. If you have the money, go for it. The Pop Demand Mod is pretty good and makes the game a bit more historical, but it's quite a lot more free-form than Vicky 1. It is also quite a bit more performance hungry, so better have a look at the system requirements before you buy. Gamersgate doesn't require you to be online to play, but it's still 20 € for the game and another 20 € for the expansion. Probably there is going to be a summer sale in the next one or two months, though. I bought both for less than 20 € on the whole.

If you also have trouble downloading stuff with your internet connection, just sign up for Gamersgate and try downloading the free game you get with that.

Yeah gamersgate works fine but I just don't have Vic 1 experience and if I buy Vic 2 I fear I wasted my money on Vic 1

Ah, sorry for the late reply. I don't check the forum all that regularly, nowadays. You don't need Vicky 1 experience for Vicky 2. The sequel has good tutorials and quite a few strategies from V1 don't work any more. V2 is more about manipulating your workforce to do what you want while in V1 you just tell them what to do and mainly fight against rising militancy. Even though I love V1, I have to say that V2 is a lot easier to get into.

Ah, sorry for the late reply. I don't check the forum all that regularly, nowadays. You don't need Vicky 1 experience for Vicky 2. The sequel has good tutorials and quite a few strategies from V1 don't work any more. V2 is more about manipulating your workforce to do what you want while in V1 you just tell them what to do and mainly fight against rising militancy. Even though I love V1, I have to say that V2 is a lot easier to get into.

Okay I have Vic 2....I just hope I didn't buy Vic 1 complete for nothing...