+ Reply to Thread

Thread: England falling apart

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries

Question England falling apart

Hello! I'm playing as King of England and about half of my vassals just decleard war agains me (sorry for bad English by the way). So I made peace with them so now they have the provinces they had (I didn't have money or time to fight with them). So what should I do now?

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

You first will need to find out, what caused your vassals to declare war on you. The most likely reason is, that you did to many 'bad things' (grab claims, declare war, take counties, revoke titles etc.) in a to short period. Doing this will effect your reputation and your reputation effects how loyal your vassals will be, a bad reputation leads to low loyalty of your vassals and then leads to them rebelling against you.

See this thread for the effects of badboy points.

You will now have to try to improve your reputation, which usually means you have to wait till it goes down, over time.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk View Post
    You first will need to find out, what caused your vassals to declare war on you. The most likely reason is, that you did to many 'bad things' (grab claims, declare war, take counties, revoke titles etc.) in a to short period. Doing this will effect your reputation and your reputation effects how loyal your vassals will be, a bad reputation leads to low loyalty of your vassals and then leads to them rebelling against you.

See this thread for the effects of badboy points.

You will now have to try to improve your reputation, which usually means you have to wait till it goes down, over time.
    Yeah I think I was bit too wary in the begining. But my reputation goes down if my ally asks my help in war and I accept and go to fight???

But what do you think can I conquer theyr lands one by one?

77 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Sarys View Post
    Yeah I think I was bit too wary in the begining. But my reputation goes down if my ally asks my help in war and I accept and go to fight???
    No, that won't help at all.

But what do you think can I conquer theyr lands one by one?
    The problem with that is, that by conquering lands your reputation will get worse again, so any vassal you might have will then start to rebel. If you then defeat that rebel and take his land, your reputation will get another hit and this will lead to another rebellion.

Best thing in this case, is to start all over again and plan your conquests more carefully.

You can see what all is effecting the loyalty of your vassals, by hovering your mouse over the loyalty-rating, that gives valuable information.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk View Post
    No, that won't help at all.

The problem with that is, that by conquering lands your reputation will get worse again, so any vassal you might have will then start to rebel. If you then defeat that rebel and take his land, your reputation will get another hit and this will lead to another rebellion.

Best thing in this case, is to start all over again and plan your conquests more carefully.

You can see what all is effecting the loyalty of your vassals, by hovering your mouse over the loyalty-rating, that gives valuable information.
    Start all over again? Darn any other way?

77 games registered

Sure you can continue with your game, but you probably have such a bad reputation, that you wn't be able to expand much for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread