• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(237533)

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Dec 5, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
Sword of Islam has come out and after fulfilling one of my Islamic fantasies (sultanate of sicily ftw), I turned to Andalusia to fulfill another. To reconquer Iberia for the legitimate rulers, the Umayyad dynasty. Only problem is that I couldn't find any. Digging about in the family trees I finally found the dynasty, but it had not one living member. A quick bit of reseach on wikipedia confirmed that indeed, the last Umayyad had died in 1033. That is annoying for any Islamic history fans who were hopeing to do the same, but I wasn't about to let a little thing like historical reality get in the way of CKII awesomeness (thats basically the point anyway.) The last caliph of cordoba Hasham III died in exile, in the city of Lleida. So it doesn't seem like much of a strech that while in his lonely exile he had a son.

I modded him in, born in the year of his fathers death, and made him sheik of lleida. By making him an Ummayad and setting Hasham III as father, the game handed him a claim to the sultanate of Andalusia, which as it doesn't exist is admitidly essentially symbolic, but great for if anyone dares to claim his throne. Awesome game so far. You have no idea what a beutiful thing it is to usurp the duchy of Aragon, and see the word Umayyad strech across a little corner of Iberia. Its an easy mod to do, just pop into the history files and use the format there to stick in a new Ummayad, it fits in with the existing dynasty, and makes for a great game. My first game was fantastic, but with this one, I'm beginning to really see the potential that SOI has.

Whoops put this in the AAR forum. Would make a fantastic AAR, and am thinking about having a go, but not with this thread.

Can any of you tell me how to do this? I've been wanting to resurrect the Cordoban Caliphate since I got CK2, with the proper Sayyid Umayyads too!

I know I just need to create a new character by modifying the Sheikh of Leidda, but I do not know where he is in the file :wacko:
Also what's the ID of the last Caliph, Hisham III?

I'm sort of ashamed of myself; I thought that this was some silly joke with a dynasty you found in game or made (umayyad looks a bit like u mad) before I opened the thread. Anyway I would probably read this AAR, Muslims in Spain are always interesting.

Although it's WAY more of a stretch, I wouldn't mind doing this to resurrect house Augustus and see Contantine's secret descendants restore the Roman Empire.