• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have one of your sons or grandsons raised by a Persian or Kurdish guardian -- if he changes to their culture then he can form the Persian empire. :)

Have one of your sons or grandsons raised by a Persian or Kurdish guardian -- if he changes to their culture then he can form the Persian empire. :)

I could do that. Also how do you change the name of your independent realm. I'm playing a multiplayer game and my friend is Andalusia, but it says the name of his dynasty instead on the map.

Open up savegame, find your guy, change him to Persian.
Boom! Done!
Thats cheating. The whole point of the persian empire is that its persian, and a smelly steppe nomad probably can't even speak the language. Far better to do an Alexander and adopt Persian culture, and with it, the Persian Empire.

Thats cheating. The whole point of the persian empire is that its persian, and a smelly steppe nomad probably can't even speak the language. Far better to do an Alexander and adopt Persian culture, and with it, the Persian Empire.
You're a wise man.

I was under the impression that historically the Seljuks actually integrated Persian language and culture into their empire while still maintaining their own Turkishness. Was that not the case?

I was under the impression that historically the Seljuks actually integrated Persian language and culture into their empire while still maintaining their own Turkishness. Was that not the case?
They were Persianized Turks, yes, but you have to choose one or the other in CK II and Turkish is probably a better fit.

At least you don't have to be Zoroastrian!

Also, be sure that the Persian you get to tutor your Emperor-to-be has the Gregarious trait...it increases the probability of passing on the tutor's culture.

Haha, I had a game just today as Emir of Birjand, and after Alp Arslan died his son who had become Persian inherited and then formed the Persian Empire. Not even a year after he did this he died and his Turkish brother inherited as "Padishah" of Persia. FML

Haha, I had a game just today as Emir of Birjand, and after Alp Arslan died his son who had become Persian inherited and then formed the Persian Empire. Not even a year after he did this he died and his Turkish brother inherited as "Padishah" of Persia. FML

I was planning on doing this. I started as Seljuks and got my heir to become Persian though his brothers are all Turks. So if my heir inherits the 1% revolt chance for different culture goes away in all the Persian provinces? Or does the game check the culture of the Bey (Count)?

I could do that. Also how do you change the name of your independent realm. I'm playing a multiplayer game and my friend is Andalusia, but it says the name of his dynasty instead on the map.

Dynastic naming instead of country naming is a feature inherent to Muslims. Your country should have a giant 'SELJUK' plastered over it.

Dynastic naming instead of country naming is a feature inherent to Muslims. Your country should have a giant 'SELJUK' plastered over it.
Actually, I believe it's the 'dynasty_title_names = yes' line in 00_cultures.txt that specifies that, so you could in fact have a Plantagenet Empire if you had your heirs tutored by an Arab, Turk, Persian or Kurd.

Sorry if that's incorrect...

Aye, you gotta be a Persian or Kurdish to form it.

But once you do, you can always switch back to Turkish. And I advise switching the Persian, not Kurd. Persians and Turks have the same cultural building, so I think you won't lose them while you're switching. Kurdish, however, are I think the only culture in the game that still don't have a cultural building of any kind.

I do understand the logic behinf the cultural restrictions to form certain titles, but I don't agree with them. Once upon a time (was still CKI) I played as a Frankish Duke of Oultrejourdain and conquered Persia, I even fought the Mongols three times to hold onto it and I eventually crowned my ruler King of Persia. So if a culture group conquers another, why would that prevent the former from forming a Kingdom or an Empire. Besides, that's not very logical, or in that case, William the Bastard should remain just a bastard prohibited from being King of England (yes I know he conquers it, but that's actually the whole point...)

I do understand the logic behinf the cultural restrictions to form certain titles, but I don't agree with them. Once upon a time (was still CKI) I played as a Frankish Duke of Oultrejourdain and conquered Persia, I even fought the Mongols three times to hold onto it and I eventually crowned my ruler King of Persia. So if a culture group conquers another, why would that prevent the former from forming a Kingdom or an Empire. Besides, that's not very logical, or in that case, William the Bastard should remain just a bastard prohibited from being King of England (yes I know he conquers it, but that's actually the whole point...)

Formable Empires (in other words NOT the HRE, Byzantine and the Latin Empires) in CK2 represent cultural unification. It is taken that an ignorant ruler would never even think of creating a unified state of foreign, unworthy cultures while a member of the culture group would be very proud of it.

However, once created titles just go around, just like how William became King of England by stealing the crown from its old head (he didn0t create the title after all... he just usurped it).

I think the Cultural Restrictions are more for the ahistorical Empires and Kingdoms, like Brittany, or Hispania... most of the kingdoms hold no such restriction. And it kinda makes sense. Dunno about the Seljuk Turk/Persia thing; I've stayed very much away from that area lately.