+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Persian Empire?

  1. #1

    Persian Empire?

    Fairly straightforward question, I am playing as Seljuks and have eaten all of their OTL expansion, how do I form the Persian Empire?

  2. #2
    I think you have be Iranian. You are... Turkis, right? Yeah, I know, it sucks.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    7,509
    Have one of your sons or grandsons raised by a Persian or Kurdish guardian -- if he changes to their culture then he can form the Persian empire.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

    I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    Have one of your sons or grandsons raised by a Persian or Kurdish guardian -- if he changes to their culture then he can form the Persian empire.
    I could do that. Also how do you change the name of your independent realm. I'm playing a multiplayer game and my friend is Andalusia, but it says the name of his dynasty instead on the map.

  6. #6
    Alférez Tengri's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICK2: Holy Knight500k club

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    586
    Open up savegame, find your guy, change him to Persian.
    Boom! Done!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    Open up savegame, find your guy, change him to Persian.
    Boom! Done!
    Thats cheating. The whole point of the persian empire is that its persian, and a smelly steppe nomad probably can't even speak the language. Far better to do an Alexander and adopt Persian culture, and with it, the Persian Empire.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

  8. #8
    Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    7,509
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Thats cheating. The whole point of the persian empire is that its persian, and a smelly steppe nomad probably can't even speak the language. Far better to do an Alexander and adopt Persian culture, and with it, the Persian Empire.
    You're a wise man.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

    I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

  9. #9
    Major Varam's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The KO
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Thats cheating. The whole point of the persian empire is that its persian, and a smelly steppe nomad probably can't even speak the language. Far better to do an Alexander and adopt Persian culture, and with it, the Persian Empire.
    I was under the impression that historically the Seljuks actually integrated Persian language and culture into their empire while still maintaining their own Turkishness. Was that not the case?

  10. #10
    Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    7,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Varam View Post
    I was under the impression that historically the Seljuks actually integrated Persian language and culture into their empire while still maintaining their own Turkishness. Was that not the case?
    They were Persianized Turks, yes, but you have to choose one or the other in CK II and Turkish is probably a better fit.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

    I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

  11. #11
    At least you don't have to be Zoroastrian!

    Also, be sure that the Persian you get to tutor your Emperor-to-be has the Gregarious trait...it increases the probability of passing on the tutor's culture.

  12. #12
    Colonel Theddude's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,046
    Haha, I had a game just today as Emir of Birjand, and after Alp Arslan died his son who had become Persian inherited and then formed the Persian Empire. Not even a year after he did this he died and his Turkish brother inherited as "Padishah" of Persia. FML

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Theddude View Post
    Haha, I had a game just today as Emir of Birjand, and after Alp Arslan died his son who had become Persian inherited and then formed the Persian Empire. Not even a year after he did this he died and his Turkish brother inherited as "Padishah" of Persia. FML
    I was planning on doing this. I started as Seljuks and got my heir to become Persian though his brothers are all Turks. So if my heir inherits the 1% revolt chance for different culture goes away in all the Persian provinces? Or does the game check the culture of the Bey (Count)?

  14. #14
    In practically all my games the Turkish Sultan of Persia adopts the Persian culture himself; IIRC, there's a generic event for that.
    I'm not sure how that's triggered, though.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by yourtowndrunk View Post
    I could do that. Also how do you change the name of your independent realm. I'm playing a multiplayer game and my friend is Andalusia, but it says the name of his dynasty instead on the map.
    Dynastic naming instead of country naming is a feature inherent to Muslims. Your country should have a giant 'SELJUK' plastered over it.

  16. #16
    Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    7,509
    Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    Dynastic naming instead of country naming is a feature inherent to Muslims. Your country should have a giant 'SELJUK' plastered over it.
    Actually, I believe it's the 'dynasty_title_names = yes' line in 00_cultures.txt that specifies that, so you could in fact have a Plantagenet Empire if you had your heirs tutored by an Arab, Turk, Persian or Kurd.

    Sorry if that's incorrect...
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

    I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

  17. #17
    On Double Secret Probation Comradebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Huntsville, TX
    Posts
    3,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Aye, you gotta be a Persian or Kurdish to form it.

    But once you do, you can always switch back to Turkish. And I advise switching the Persian, not Kurd. Persians and Turks have the same cultural building, so I think you won't lose them while you're switching. Kurdish, however, are I think the only culture in the game that still don't have a cultural building of any kind.

  18. #18
    First Lieutenant
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae Victis

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    234
    I do understand the logic behinf the cultural restrictions to form certain titles, but I don't agree with them. Once upon a time (was still CKI) I played as a Frankish Duke of Oultrejourdain and conquered Persia, I even fought the Mongols three times to hold onto it and I eventually crowned my ruler King of Persia. So if a culture group conquers another, why would that prevent the former from forming a Kingdom or an Empire. Besides, that's not very logical, or in that case, William the Bastard should remain just a bastard prohibited from being King of England (yes I know he conquers it, but that's actually the whole point...)

  19. #19
    Field Marshal Nyrael's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Varaždin, Croatia
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by GillesDeRais View Post
    I do understand the logic behinf the cultural restrictions to form certain titles, but I don't agree with them. Once upon a time (was still CKI) I played as a Frankish Duke of Oultrejourdain and conquered Persia, I even fought the Mongols three times to hold onto it and I eventually crowned my ruler King of Persia. So if a culture group conquers another, why would that prevent the former from forming a Kingdom or an Empire. Besides, that's not very logical, or in that case, William the Bastard should remain just a bastard prohibited from being King of England (yes I know he conquers it, but that's actually the whole point...)
    Formable Empires (in other words NOT the HRE, Byzantine and the Latin Empires) in CK2 represent cultural unification. It is taken that an ignorant ruler would never even think of creating a unified state of foreign, unworthy cultures while a member of the culture group would be very proud of it.

    However, once created titles just go around, just like how William became King of England by stealing the crown from its old head (he didn0t create the title after all... he just usurped it).

  20. #20
    Lt. General Kaiser Ludwig's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The City of Kings
    Posts
    1,514
    I think the Cultural Restrictions are more for the ahistorical Empires and Kingdoms, like Brittany, or Hispania... most of the kingdoms hold no such restriction. And it kinda makes sense. Dunno about the Seljuk Turk/Persia thing; I've stayed very much away from that area lately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts