• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrTaxman

Scio me nihil scire.
98 Badges
Apr 20, 2010
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
I know that CK2 isn't a perfect game - but I wanted to say "Thank you!" to Paradox for creating something that gives me hours of entertainment :wub:

I apologize on behalf of the gaming community (yeah, I'm going out on a limb here) for those that revile every decision you make because they would do it/want it a different way. I, for one, realize that Paradox is a business and I appreciate the opportunity to comment (respectfully) about the games I like on a forum like this.

No, I am not a "fanboy" - but I do appreciate well made games. Sure, I don't agree with every decision you've made concerning SoI, but I understand that Paradox is a business.

If I may make one request - could the next expansion be a "big" expansion, not a DLC and a patch like SoI? Some in the forums (myself included) did not like the format that SoI took. I like the content, just not the format in which it was delivered.

That's my two cents.

OMG YOU ARE SUCH A PARADRONE!!!!!
(/sarcasm)

Guys, I'm going to be really mad if they turn the wasteland of Siberia into a bunch of provinces. How dare they remove that feature? I should sue.

/sarcasm.

that post actually made me legitimately laugh. please don't kill me.

Soon Doomdark will come by and lay of one of his "Thank you!" comments. So unprofessional...
What's wrong with spreadin' the love? PDox should get some positive feedback (at least sometimes).

Guys, I'm going to be really mad if they turn the wasteland of Siberia into a bunch of provinces. How dare they remove that feature? I should sue.

/sarcasm.

Sarcasm is not becoming. Frankly I at least intended all my posts as serious discussion, just because there were several immature posters on my side does not mean my entire argument was fallacious and I would ask that you put all of that stuff behind you as the devs locked the thread. I don't want a situation where people on your side of an argument are allowed to speak but mine causes locked threads.

Sarcasm is not becoming. Frankly I at least intended all my posts as serious discussion, just because there were several immature posters on my side does not mean my entire argument was fallacious and I would ask that you put all of that stuff behind you as the devs locked the thread. I don't want a situation where people on your side of an argument are allowed to speak but mine causes locked threads.

Oh, no no. No malicious intent directed to you, or anyone for that matter. I was just having a laugh. To be honest, that entire thread was pretty borked.

On topic, though, I also appreciate Paradox's hardwork -- and I thank them for entertaining me for -hundreds- of hours.

The discussion went so screwy that I think a lock was the best solution. Anyway the devs made their point clear.

Everyone should be allowed to have their say, as long as they respect others. That thread got miserable - and people are threatening to bring it into this one. Sorry your opinion got spit upon - I think that was immature of others.

In this thread, however, I am trying to show PDox that I appreciate the game, but I would like the next expansion to be a "full" expansion, not a patch and DLC.

If I may make one request - could the next expansion be a "big" expansion, not a DLC and a patch like SoI? Some in the forums (myself included) did not like the format that SoI took. I like the content, just not the format in which it was delivered.

I don't think so. The policy has been set long ago and CK2 is the first real example of it being implemented - no major expansions, more and more new content is going to be split into DLCs. The policy started as gfx only DLCs which do not change checksum and now we have blend products like SoI (called both DLC and expansion by PI themselves). It seems the next step is more DLC and possibly no incremental expansions at all - instead, some kind of module DLCs which can be played alone or combined in various ways. Of course checksum and thus compatibility for multiplayer, as well as problems with modding can become serious issues with this level of product fragmentation.

Most of the forum community rejected this idea in the poll (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?413935-DLC-Content-Whats-your-opinion) at the time when major decisions about the future direction were probably taken but nevertheless it did not change anything.

Last edited:
Everyone should be allowed to have their say, as long as they respect others. That thread got miserable - and people are threatening to bring it into this one. Sorry your opinion got spit upon - I think that was immature of others.

In this thread, however, I am trying to show PDox that I appreciate the game, but I would like the next expansion to be a "full" expansion, not a patch and DLC.
That I can certainly agree on. I can tolerate DLC to a point but I think most people prefer proper expansions.

To MrTaxman you are a fanboy, but alas I agree with your post.

EDIT: I agree with the expansion part, not the apologist thing.

Guys, I think that it is good that you kiss and make up and all that, but can we keep to the topic before a coffee-deprived moderator goes lock-crazy on this thread? :D

That's my two cents.

Well to say my own opinnion. I think the format was great. In the past muslims were playable through modding, BUT it was just a copy of christian feudalism which sucked. SoI made the muslims enjoyable and playable, but still you could play in MP with other people. And the thing about muslim liege and converting in to a muslim is a pretty shallow argument, because it rarely happend and people have pointed out that AI will never demand player to switch religion.

To MrTaxman you are a fanboy, but alas I agree with your post.
We must agree to disagree about my "fanboy" status - but I will not attack you over your opinion.

See? Keeping it civil isn't hard.

@LodovicoAriosto - perhaps if the players insisted/requested (politely!) PDox might change its corporate mind.