+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colonies and Immigration, to make a state or not?

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries

Colonies and Immigration, to make a state or not?

I want to increase the immigration to my colonies as the USA. Does keeping the area a colony help or should I make it a state?
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Do you mean holdings overseas or newly colonized states in N. America?
    Bra där.

Pretty sure he's talking about the mainland colonies from start, and those you grab.

I'm not sure, I keep them colonised for a long time, atleast until they're getting a big population. I ususally have one Migration bonus NF in California (when I grab it) to get that really increased, and when it's a minimum of pops, I state it.
    Although, it doesn't take more than 40-50 years until your population boost well in colony and states, so I don't really know how much it affects anything.

If you simply want more population going to your country from the world, then nothing I said would matter It will just spread the population out more even, well.. I think.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Well, if it is the mainland states you can state them as quickly as possible. You will still get a crapload of immigrants to boost your population so no worries! But when it comes to colonies on other continents it's much harder to state them. I have never managed to convince my population to move to the colonies in any larger numbers so. If you do manage to achieve this, make sure that the literacy in the state isn't completely down the shitter so your research points aren't hurt in the process.
    Bra där.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    I was indeed talking about the continental USA, sorry for the confusion. So from my understanding there is no reason not to make it a state.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Nope, when it comes to America you can generally go all in as quickly as possible.
    Bra där.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

What about the generic case? Are there any immigration bonus for colonies? The reason I wonder this is because in my Ottoman game there are like two families living in the oilstate of Dubai. While the families are hardworking people, the vast Ottoman empire cries for more oil!

+ Reply to Thread