• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The decisions were removed. Kill plots are now more random; you want as many backers as you can get.

The decisions were removed. Kill plots are now more random; you want as many backers as you can get.

Might have been better to go all the way with the automation then. Adding a large number of plotters to a plot is incredibly boring and time consuming. Perhaps that part should be automated too.

no, now it's more realistic. no click'n'kill anymore.

Which just means we're back to the old assassination mechanics. Plots were fun but they may not be worth it anymore.

The event notification appear buggy too. I just succeeded at plotting to kill my daughter but got no popup of any sort about it.

Well, does more backers still lead to a higher chance to get caught?

I think the goal should be that you want the highest plot backers you can get, but not every Tom, Dick, and Harry at court.

GREAT.. So now its pretty much useless..

No, it has just become an event which will pop up more often the more backers you have. Means you have to wait for an opportunity to arise with one of your backers (So I suppose, like in real life you have to wait for the opportune moment, not just whenever you feel like it)

Might have been better to go all the way with the automation then. Adding a large number of plotters to a plot is incredibly boring and time consuming. Perhaps that part should be automated too.
While automated adding plotters would be great, I don't see how this is automation. Clearly the intent is to produce more randomised results rather than to automated that one click of of a decision button.

Which just means we're back to the old assassination mechanics. Plots were fun but they may not be worth it anymore.
How so?

I wont argue.. mainly because of cheats and mods.. I thinks it removes some realism as the king as to wait for the backers to move on the kill.. Maybe pushing the plot power up a bit.. removing the decisions seams like the king has no power to issue orders to KILL.. Great game btw :)

It makes it so you can't get one backer, have a 45% chance to kill and just save/reload until they die. I just did one as count of Dublin on Leinster with over 100% plot power. Fired in less than 6 months.

It makes it so you can't get one backer, have a 45% chance to kill and just save/reload until they die. I just did one as count of Dublin on Leinster with over 100% plot power. Fired in less than 6 months.
Random chance is random. You got lucky.
A lot of people in places I visit are reporting plots with 100%+ (some in the 300%+) range not having events trigger after years or even a decade.
The base MTTH is so high that you might as well not bother unless you're trying to murder small children or incapable rulers and you have a spymaster on board. It is simply unreliable.

edit: I've personally experienced it as well, 110% plot power, spymaster included, no event after roughly 10 years.

removing the decisions seams like the king has no power to issue orders to KILL.. Great game btw :)

It's incredibly easy issue orders to kill people as king. Here's how:

1) Imprison the person you want to kill.
2) Execute them.

This isn't about giving an order to kill, this is about killing someone covertly. If you want to kill someone openly you can, but you have to deal with the tyranny consequences.