Project Truman to be announced at gamescom

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Rome 2 :(
But eu 4 is more likely
Hoi4 i don't think so,tere is a new expansion
But paradox...
STOP TAKING MY MONEY :p
Is it that hard to read above from the reddit session?

Intersting infos from Johan in the last reddit event:

[–]KubaBVB09

Are there any current plans for a game outside of the 1066-1950 time period? I've always wanted a good Dark Ages game or possibly a sequel to EU:Rome?

[–]Paradox_Dev_Studio[S] 8 Punkte 9 Stunden zuvor

I have no comments :)

[–]Plastastic

1) Are there any 'unexplored' time periods that you'd want to make a game about?

2) Will there ever be a sequel to Rome?

[–]Paradox_Dev_Studio

1) not right now. 2) I want one so...

[–]Plastastic

Whoops, I think my reply got lost in limbo, sorry if this is a double post.

I always considered Rome to be like CK:DV in the sense that it was a 'diamond in the rough' that would've greatly benefited from just one more expansion. (I did enjoy both games immensely, regardless)

It was a shame that the proposed expansion didn't win in the polls, though I suppose it's all well and good considering the fact that we got Divine Wind as a result. :D

[–]Paradox_Dev_Studio

I wish we could have done both !

Could it be even more obvious? ;)

Cheers,
Chromos

I read it,so it is either Rome 2 or something else.

I read it,so it is either Rome 2 or something else.

I would not bet on it. But it seems at least very obvious that we get a new Rome game.
Also, iirc, Johan posted that he "wants" it too already in the "Rome resurection thread".
So it would be a big surprise if it would be about a fantasy theme or space..

Just some few weeks, and we know for sure. :)

Cheers,
Chromos

I'd say a rome game is likely.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that Rome 2: Total War got recently announced, so Paradox might want to release a competing game (similiar to Sengoku with Shogun 2), If they can release it before Creative Assembly so much the better.

Some years ago, Philippe Thibaut (now with Paradox France) designed a game called "Great Invasions: the darkages "350-1066 ad"".

I know it is a very long shot but a "Great Invasions 2" would be a game that I would like to see. I was never a big fan of EU: Rome, therefore I am not too excited about a "Rome 2" game.

Some years ago, Philippe Thibaut (now with Paradox France) designed a game called "Great Invasions: the darkages "350-1066 ad"".

I know it is a very long shot but a "Great Invasions 2" would be a game that I would like to see. I was never a big fan of EU: Rome, therefore I am not too excited about a "Rome 2" game.

IIRC Truman is being made by PDS, not by Pdox France?

Why no Project Taft?!?!

@Walker85: Thank you for your answer. I know that project Truman is being developped by Paradox Development Studio and not Paradox France and I did not mean to say otherwise. I appologize if I did not make myself clear. At the moment, nobody is developping Great Invasions 2 and I don't even know who owns the rights to it as it was published by Strategy First.

Even though Napoleon's Campaigns was developped by AGEOD (Paradox France), Napoleon's Campaigns 2 is now being developped by PDS. Therefore, Great Invasions 2 could be developped by PDS even though Great Invasions was originally designed by Philippe Thibaut (and not by AGEOD).

@RedRalphWiggum: Thank your for your answer. I know that there was a split between PDS and Paradox France over the development of Napoleon's Campaigns 2 and that the game is now solely being developped by PDS (under the name "March of Eagles" if I remember correctly). But you are saying that Paradox France doesn't exist anymore and that is news to me. I know that there is still a studio over there in Grenoble developping video games ( the latest one being "Alea Jacta Est"), and that that studio is still affiliated with Paradox Interactive. Would you please be so kind as to give your source of information, stating that Paradox France no longer exists; my searching techniques with Google are probably lacking, because I could not find anything to corroborate this.
Thank you.

Truman
Ruman
Roman

I want to believe.

I'm still hoping for a WW1 game. Since there is now an EU game (March of the Eagles - A Europa Universalis Game), and an HOI game (East V. West - A Hearts of Iron Game), how's about Over The Top: A Victoria Game? However, I think if it was going to be a WW1 game (which let's face it, would be strictly awesome if it used a Vicky 2 economic model, and a HOI-type military model) it would have been called Project Wilson

My money is on Project Truman being character-based and politics-focused contrasted with East vs. West being more military and economics-based, but in the same general timeframe. Briefly skimming Truman's presidency, you see things like his upset in the campaign against Dewey, the Square Deal, recognition of Israel, the creation of NATO, the Marshall plan, UN intervention in Korea, massive strikes, proposed civil rights legislation, an assassination attempt, McCarthyism, the start of containment... not a lot of warfare but a really transformative time for American government and global institutions, and a lot of domestic issues relating specifically to him as an individual political leader. Hopefully naming the project after him is supposed to mark this game as being more domestic and inward-looking, compared to Project Ronald "Tear Down This Wall" Reagan.

That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Johan said that their new policy is to name all secret projects after US presidents, so it doesn't have to be related to Truman specifically.

Interesting concidince on how Project Reagan was a cold war game then, yes?

I'm hoping for an Europa Universalis Greece, Rome and Japan are already represented and those periods and regions do not interest me at all, Ancient/Classical Greece however does, not that I believe it to be very likely.
Other fun games would be "fantasy" remake of Europa Universalis or some sci-fi game, otherwise it does feel that with West vs East every interesting period and place is well represented and updated, maybe I'm wrong however, maybe they're sitting on the perfect addition to one of the games which actually requires a total remake of the game.

Edit: Oh, a renewal of Crown of the North or similar would be awesome too.

/Zorbeltuss

Last edited:
Eisenhower was NCP2
Reagan was East vs West
Truman is ....

This is torture! OK, since Harry Truman was a captain of artillery during WW1, I'm just going to assume this means that this project must be the WW1 game I've been dreaming about. Yes, I know, I'm living in a fool's paradise, but only for a few more days . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.