Project Truman to be announced at gamescom

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's gonna be "Crusader Universalis: Hearts of Victoria".
The ultimate economic warfare Grand strategy game where not only brute force but also relationships has to be build and maintained.

But I have to say, Paradox likes to be busy. CK2 is ready and BOOM! 2 more projects! Not that I am complaining. :p

Project Trumen to be announced at gamescom

It's Truman, not Trumen. Please correct the spelling in the thread title. Tyvm

I would go with either HOI4, EU4 or Rome 2 (it would somehow feels weird to call Rome 2 Project Truman though).

I love speculation threads hehehe

HoI4 is unlikely IMHO. A new expansion is in development, so it has way to run yet. FTM has been to me like In Nomine was to EUIII: it made of a 'correct' but sharpless game something special. If Their Finest Hour represents something similar to HttT... wow. That's a classic incoming (I know HoI3 is controversial but seriously, if hours playing -and planning- is the indicator, HoI3 is my Paradox game so far).

Though I'd love a revamped Rome, I don't know... I have the feeling that Paradox would continue using CKII like the merchandise to develop the Characters-Driven-Grand-Strategy-Game... And release RomeII in 2014, once CKII (which is terrific) has come into diminishing returns of development (just before peaking).

So, my guess is Europa Universalis IV. The mechanics of Grand-Strategy-country-driven gives a step forward. Two (of 4) teams developing both core Paradox game concepts (characters, armies, nation, POP), one working in expanding mature core games... and one in more focused games (like Sengoku, March of the Eagles... maybe American Civil War?).

2013: EU4 2014: Rome2 2015: HoI4. After all Vicky, CK... but no one in his mind makes planification more than 3 years forward :rofl:

As I told, I love speculations. And I'm waiting for a train XD

2013: EU4 2014: Rome2 2015: HoI4. After all Vicky, CK... but no one in his mind makes planification more than 3 years forward :rofl:

As I told, I love speculations. And I'm waiting for a train XD

Paradox has hinted heavily towards the possibility of a new EU 3 expansion. I think EU 4 will come, at the very best in 2015. It also allows for Paradox to get more usage out of the Clausewitz Engine before making an improved one for EU 4, as they did for EU 3.

Regarding HOI4 rumours, some prominent paradox devs posting on another forum that shall remain nameless have said that after HOI3 they're all pretty burned out on WW2, so I would imagine that that one is going to be a long way off, if ever.

EDIT: I'd love it if they just took all of what was done on Magna Mundi, polished it, and released it as an EU3 expansion. Partially because I'd like to play it, but mainly because Ubik's cheerleaders who have been saying that it MM's cancellation was a ploy to steal ideas will go into full meltdown.

Hearts of Iron 4 at this point wouldn't have much new to offer unless Paradox decides to add PoW camps and more political features that would be controversial. Although maybe being able to start before WW1 would be really good feature with the ability to continue until WW2 and after WW2 into the Cold War.

A City Through Time - Takes the best of Simcity 4, and Industry Giant 2 Gold/Transport Tycoon/Railroad Tycoon to create a city/region builder that lets the player settle and grow cities in a region from the ancient time to the near future. The player learns about how technology impacts cities and nations through historical periods of time as well as city management. Game is stand alone and only requires an activation through the internet each time the game is reinstalled.

I personally doubt it's a sequel. HOI3 has an expansion coming, EU3 might have one coming, and nothing else really warrants a sequel at this point. More importantly if Paradox aims to sell EU4 or HOI4 they'd better have a new engine as a hook, and Paradox hasn't expressed any interest in making a new engine yet.

I suspect that either:

1. They're publishing a game for another developer.

Or:

2. They're going to "fill in a gap". Either time wise (dark ages or ancient world are the two most likely) or, more unlikely, space wise (Asian game contemporary with CK2 or Rome or something).

Status
Not open for further replies.