Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Truman to be announced at gamescom

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Project Truman to be announced at gamescom

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    We called NCP2 project Eisenhower.. and we got a Project Truman that is announced at gamescom.
    Let's hope it's EU4!

gamescom: Cologne, 15.-19.08.2012
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

No falsewomen?

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaV2 AHD Beta500k club

Two new games... interesting.

I hope it's gonna be "Crusader Universalis: Hearts of Victoria".
    The ultimate economic warfare Grand strategy game where not only brute force but also relationships has to be build and maintained.

But I have to say, Paradox likes to be busy. CK2 is ready and BOOM! 2 more projects! Not that I am complaining.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Tigurus Fay View Post
    "Crusader Universalis: Hearts of Victoria".
    I'd play that. Timeline from 1066 to 1950s sounds good

Major
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by StLeibowitz View Post
    First expansion request would either be Cold War or Dark Ages so go ahead and include them.

When is Gamescon? I can hardly wait to hear the announcements coming up.

eta: read the OP again

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StLeibowitz View Post
    There´s already the Civ-Series

How about Rome 2 or at least an Expansion?

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Come on Rome 2, believe with me people.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossLegio
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    Project Trumen to be announced at gamescom
    It's Truman, not Trumen. Please correct the spelling in the thread title. Tyvm
    Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. --Calvin Coolidge

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    I would go with either HOI4, EU4 or Rome 2 (it would somehow feels weird to call Rome 2 Project Truman though).

Stop taking my money!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Torres View Post
    I would go with either HOI4, EU4 or Rome 2 (it would somehow feels weird to call Rome 2 Project Truman though).
    I love speculation threads hehehe

HoI4 is unlikely IMHO. A new expansion is in development, so it has way to run yet. FTM has been to me like In Nomine was to EUIII: it made of a 'correct' but sharpless game something special. If Their Finest Hour represents something similar to HttT... wow. That's a classic incoming (I know HoI3 is controversial but seriously, if hours playing -and planning- is the indicator, HoI3 is my Paradox game so far).

Though I'd love a revamped Rome, I don't know... I have the feeling that Paradox would continue using CKII like the merchandise to develop the Characters-Driven-Grand-Strategy-Game... And release RomeII in 2014, once CKII (which is terrific) has come into diminishing returns of development (just before peaking).

So, my guess is Europa Universalis IV. The mechanics of Grand-Strategy-country-driven gives a step forward. Two (of 4) teams developing both core Paradox game concepts (characters, armies, nation, POP), one working in expanding mature core games... and one in more focused games (like Sengoku, March of the Eagles... maybe American Civil War?).

2013: EU4 2014: Rome2 2015: HoI4. After all Vicky, CK... but no one in his mind makes planification more than 3 years forward

As I told, I love speculations. And I'm waiting for a train XD
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    Quote Originally Posted by ashandresash View Post
    2013: EU4 2014: Rome2 2015: HoI4. After all Vicky, CK... but no one in his mind makes planification more than 3 years forward

As I told, I love speculations. And I'm waiting for a train XD
    Paradox has hinted heavily towards the possibility of a new EU 3 expansion. I think EU 4 will come, at the very best in 2015. It also allows for Paradox to get more usage out of the Clausewitz Engine before making an improved one for EU 4, as they did for EU 3.
    "Chavez is leading his people into better future, after ages of explotation they have something to be happy about. Positive thing is also that he suport good causes all over south america and world too a sign of true greatnes." -Ivio
    "Yes, Stalin said the same thing." -Tufto

"I think I'm going insane. I can like FEEL each second and minute passing and it's making me go insane because like I could be building skills in those minutes instead of making a forum post or listening to music or g-chatting with a colleague. I can feel it in my brain and in my body. It's terrible.[...]Anyone else have this?" -EFT
    "Only when I read your posts." -trajan

Regarding HOI4 rumours, some prominent paradox devs posting on another forum that shall remain nameless have said that after HOI3 they're all pretty burned out on WW2, so I would imagine that that one is going to be a long way off, if ever.

EDIT: I'd love it if they just took all of what was done on Magna Mundi, polished it, and released it as an EU3 expansion. Partially because I'd like to play it, but mainly because Ubik's cheerleaders who have been saying that it MM's cancellation was a ploy to steal ideas will go into full meltdown.

Hearts of Iron 4 at this point wouldn't have much new to offer unless Paradox decides to add PoW camps and more political features that would be controversial. Although maybe being able to start before WW1 would be really good feature with the ability to continue until WW2 and after WW2 into the Cold War.

A City Through Time - Takes the best of Simcity 4, and Industry Giant 2 Gold/Transport Tycoon/Railroad Tycoon to create a city/region builder that lets the player settle and grow cities in a region from the ancient time to the near future. The player learns about how technology impacts cities and nations through historical periods of time as well as city management. Game is stand alone and only requires an activation through the internet each time the game is reinstalled.

Cities in MotionDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Just add nearly limitless modability and you've got game I always dreamed about.

Quote Originally Posted by tigurus fay View Post
    i hope it's gonna be "crusader universalis: Hearts of victoria".
    JOHAN: Shut up and take my money!
    Plushie - The obvious, necessary progression of things is knowledge available only to God and Johan, and I'm not so sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Circle View Post
    How about Rome 2 or at least an Expansion?
    +1 Way better Rome 2
    Last edited by Hatting; 03-07-2012 at 23:02.

I personally doubt it's a sequel. HOI3 has an expansion coming, EU3 might have one coming, and nothing else really warrants a sequel at this point. More importantly if Paradox aims to sell EU4 or HOI4 they'd better have a new engine as a hook, and Paradox hasn't expressed any interest in making a new engine yet.

I suspect that either:

1. They're publishing a game for another developer.

Or:

2. They're going to "fill in a gap". Either time wise (dark ages or ancient world are the two most likely) or, more unlikely, space wise (Asian game contemporary with CK2 or Rome or something).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast