• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would be cool to play as Napoleonic Spain and try and keep the crown!

Hmm..
Jean Bernadotte was first offered the crown of Spain, but declined that.
He later became king of Sweden, could he possibly become king of Spain here?
And if so, who may become king of Sweden?

Hmm..
Jean Bernadotte was first offered the crown of Spain, but declined that.
He later became king of Sweden, could he possibly become king of Spain here?
And if so, who may become king of Sweden?

Who? why Napoleon!

its as moddable as all our games.. importing isn't that easy though, as you have to convert provinces

Johan, you might want to think about this in genreal for your games, I think. It was a disappointment for instance that V2 expansion didn't have the export to Hoi3 like V1Rev had for Hoi2. But other that my personal frustrations :p, given that most of your games are kind of "stackable" in time it makes sense to try to find a way of providing the tool or easing the rules to allow the community to do the magic. I dont know numbers but it looks lijke a logical synergy thingie.

It will have goals/achievements tho?
Such as by either ruling the waves or by ruling over persia as a super power.... you can be assumed to be laying india under your control?

And then for as long as you maintain your hegemonic position, there would be a healthy offscreen source of silver..?

Or why not go ottoman?

Let the infidel do their coalitions.
Just concentrating on building up power and tech, oh and smash those Qajars.
Then at 1812 maybe talk to whoever is winning and offer to take al-andalus in return for some military assistance...

Or why not go ottoman?

Let the infidel do their coalitions.
Just concentrating on building up power and tech, oh and smash those Qajars.
Then at 1812 maybe talk to whoever is winning and offer to take al-andalus in return for some military assistance...
If anything goes like history, the Qajars are more likely to beat up the Turks than the other way around.

Oooh, the announcement really caught my eye! Definitely a cool idea for a game!

I understand for India and North America, but expect to be hounded mercilessly until you add North Africa ;)

Also, 1805? ... 1799 DLC!! :D Actually if its a "single date" game, 1805 is OK. I guess pre-Austerlitz?

As BiB stated, a European map will most likely include North Africa. In any case, it would mess with the Ottomans if it didn't!

I understand why the game would concentrate on Europe, but hopefully if the game is successful, it could potentially be expanded to cover the eastern portion of North America and the Caribbean (like CK2 was expanded into west Africa). Getting to re-do the War of 1812 would appeal to US and Canadian players, and the Caribbean was a fairly important theater as well...

-Why not have it start in 1789, with many different start dates, so you can try and stop the revolution?
-Is the time incriment an hour like HoI, or days like EU3?
-If no overseas territories are represented, wouldn't that mean that countries like Portugal, Spain, France and Britain, who all had rich colonies overseas, would have a disadvantage?

Spain and Portugal lost their American colonies during this era, not sure if they were even profitable any more for the mainland at this point in time. The French did have some important ones, but those can be represented by cash/goods flowing in as long as Britain does not rule the waves. Britain is the only one where not having the America's really changes things as there will be no burning of the White House to distract them from Europe.

with accessibility we don’t means less complex. Just easier to get into.

That's a bold claim, Mr. Andersson. I'm inclined to believe it (reluctantly) as PI has always been a good company toward the average consumer. With that said there are so many companies claiming that they're making their games more accessible without compromising depth and right out lying about it. Has anyone here played Civ5? :p

Spain and Portugal lost their American colonies during this era, not sure if they were even profitable any more for the mainland at this point in time.

Well at least I can say in Portugal's case, not only they still had their colonies during the Napoleonic Wars* Brazil was easily one of if not the main source of income of Portugal at the time.

*During Napoleon's invasion of Portugal the government and the court evacuated to South America and effectively moved the capital and central administration to Brazil.

Last edited:
Well at least I can say in Portugal's case, not only they still had their colonies during the Napoleonic Wars* Brazil was easily one of if not the main source of income for Portugal at the time.

*During Napoleon's invasion of Portugal the government and the court evacuated to South America and effectively moved the capital and central administration to Brazil.
Hopefully, they will make it moddable to expand the map throughout the globe. Or at least a way to get money overseas. We'll see show things pan out.

That's a bold claim, Mr. Andersson. I'm inclined to believe it (reluctantly) as PI has always been a good company toward the average consumer. With that said there are so many companies claiming that they're making their games more accessible without compromising depth and right out lying about it. Has anyone here played Civ5? :p

EU3 was more complex than EU2 but has better interface and is easier to pickup.

Vicky2 is also rather accessible IMO and it's definitely a complex game.

Yeah, compared to V1 its far more complex under the hood, but its like a kids game in how easy it is to get into..