Why can the AI embargo but not the player?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just don't trade with the nation you want to embargo: boom.

I just love using the auto-trading function that's what it's all about... :D
And also, for roleplaying matters it would be nice! And destroying relations!

Reactions:
I find the auto-trade to be not the smartest thing in the world, but I guess it gets the job done.

It would be nice as the Soviet Union or U.S. to have it set to not trade so much with Germany.

Just cancel any trades with such nations as soon as they occur, the A.I. will tend to redirect it elsewhere.

I use auto-trade exclusively, unless I'm in desperate need of resources.
It's simply that I'm lazy. If I run out of something, I conquer something to get it :D

The AI for my diplomacy automatically embargoed Germany for tech and trade. I don't see the option anywhere that I allowed AI diplomacy and I can't see where to unembargo Germany.

The AI for my diplomacy automatically embargoed Germany for tech and trade. I don't see the option anywhere that I allowed AI diplomacy and I can't see where to unembargo Germany.

This is probably the result of an Event or Decision that forced an Embargo, either occurring in your nation without you realizing it or in the AI nation.

Reactions: