Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is this??

Exciting news, and it's probably a buy without hesitation title

It's Too Soon for a sequel to any of the other Clausewitz games, unless we're talking EU4 here (Which is unlikely when EU3 is still actively supported...) So the guesses are:
    • Ancient World (Pre-Roman) game.
    • Non-European Ancient History Game
    • Dark Ages Game
    • Cold War Game
    • Contemporary (Post-Cold War) Game
    • Sci-fi/Fantasy Game

So, speculate away. My money's on the cold war game, but I hope for the Dark Ages game.
    Against my better judgement, I've begun an AAR: The Blobfather

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by BonSequitur View Post
    So, speculate away. My money's on the cold war game, but I hope for the Dark Ages game.
    I suspect that you speak for the majority.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Rome 2. I WANT ROME 2 !

God, I hope it's Rome 2.

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

An interesting side in that announcement is that it seems a third-party company coming from the community and Paradox have been working together in a game. If it was solely developed by BL-Logic, I'd surely be in another section, not in Paradox Dev. Studio. So that makes it more intriguing to be the first hand-on-hand developed game.

Following this logic, I bet it's an entirely new game (not any sequel), in an entirely new historic period not covered by Paradox before, so a Cold War game or even a modern day fits perfectly into that. Anybody active in the AoD forum know any of the BL-Logic developers personal preferences?
    1 Clerk
    Nationality: Catalan
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Protectionism / 5 Hour Max Work Day
    Current Work: Cement Factory
    Cash Reserves: Enough
    Revolt Risk: 1.8%
    Militancy: 4.3
    Consciousness: 7.8

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Ancient World game or Cold War game.
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

People's Commisar of POTATO LYNCHY's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.
    A new PI game and a new Total war in the same week!? july is going to be a very good month
    ن
    Irish Brigade Infantry Commander in the Victoria 2 Forum Revolt.

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children."

Political Offtopic Tactical Assault Team Organization

"Too-ra loo-ra loo-ra loo, They're lookin' for monkeys up in the zoo, And if ever I had a face like you? I'd join the British army."

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

New total war game?WHERE?
    also why isn't this in upcoming games?

Darkest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by clblabin View Post
    Someone always used to ask if every new project was CK2. Just thought I'd start early this time, since it took long enough.
    It was announced 6 years after CK1 and released 1.5 years after. Too soon for CK3. As I said, game is selling perfectly, DLCs are in work, all is good.

New franchise would be cool!

People's Commisar of POTATO LYNCHY's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.
    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    New total war game?WHERE?
    also why isn't this in upcoming games?
    on the TW forums there is a picture someone put up of a preview section of a german magazine that had Total War Rome 2 in it
    ن
    Irish Brigade Infantry Commander in the Victoria 2 Forum Revolt.

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children."

Political Offtopic Tactical Assault Team Organization

"Too-ra loo-ra loo-ra loo, They're lookin' for monkeys up in the zoo, And if ever I had a face like you? I'd join the British army."

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Since it is developed together with a 3rd party studio it is probably a new ip.

A cold war game sounds interesting. I don't like Hoi2/3, but maybe a mix of v2 and hoi3 with the timeframe after ww2 could be interesting.
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Loved AOD! So looking forward to what ever is announced!
    My Vicky 2 Chinese AAR ----- Vicky 2 Ottoman AAR
    Nations I have gone Wire to Wire with: HOI3 FTM - USSR
    EU3 HTTT - Castile and Ottomans - DW - Burgundy
    EU4 - Portugal
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt
    Vicky 2 - China, Ottomans, and Sweden
    Winner of the fan contest to take part in the Paradox Interactive Convention at NYC 2011

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My guess? This will be to HoI3 what AoD was to HoI2.

But if it's Cold War I'll manly cry manly tears of joy.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Blog Entries
    So if this is cold war, that means that Paradox's new internal game will be Dark Ages. Am I right, or am I right?
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum (If you want peace, prepare for war) - Pvblivs Flavivs Vegetivs Renatvs

Stopping the 40 day plan: A French 1914 AAR Completed
    pAARallel Universes: A Germany 1936 Grand Campaign Abandoned

WW Big Wins: LXV, LXXI, CXXVII, CXXIX, CXXX, CXXXI, CXXXII
    WW Lite Wins: XCVII (sub win), CXIX, CXXI, CXXVII, CXXXVI, CCVIII, CCXXXVIII

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by humancalculator View Post
    So if this is cold war, that means that Paradox's new internal game will be Dark Ages. Am I right, or am I right?
    Hehe, sneaky.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Helsinki, Finlandia-Vel-Finningia Olim Regnum
    Nice to see this being finally announced. I say finally, because a lot of people have known for quite some time already that the team behind AoD is working on a new title.

I'm fairly certain the new title is a Cold War game, which for me isn't so great because I don't find post-WWII history that interesting. But if this new title also includes AoD like DD included HoI2, then I will certainly very much look forward to this.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India Company
    Hearts of Iron IIIMajesty 2Sword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Oboy! I can't wait for this game to be released!

*Crack my whip and command all developers hanging in this thread to get back to work* .. you know who you are!

Exciting announcement and a lot of fun to see that there is such anticipation!
    Game Developer East vs West - Game Designer and Head of Soft-coding team
    Gellert F. K. - Executive Producer
    www.strategy-mill.com

Strategy Mill -Transforming the elements”
    info@strategy-mill.com

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast