+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 595

Thread: "Potius Mori Quam Foedari" — Tuesdays, 19:00 CET

  1. #281
    Mercenary General Falahk's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Falun, Sweden
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    Yes, it sucks that Burgundy wasnt here but even though, rules are here for a reason. All of you signed up for this game with these rules. So stick to them.

    Im totally in favour of editing Burgundy back to presession state.
    what he said, assuming that burgundy will show up next week, it should get edited back in, in particular since the player himself stated he will be away for the session we just played

    since I was just subbing in this game I'm not really sure how much my vote count for, but thats my opinion on the mather anyway

  2. #282
    Grand Admiral PiriReis's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Serzis View Post
    In your past posts on the forum, you keep coming back to the Mughals. You are really somewhat fixed on the idea aren't you?

    And yes, even though I got some fiscal help [not mentioning any names, but give thanks none the less], I think I played fairly well after my initial set-backs. Verdande proved a got advisery in the battle for India, but he was perhaps too eager to fight me head on, rather than let me crumble on my own. Still, a good fight -- the first I've truely won.
    Well, you don't see many MP games with Mughals, nor SP games either. Also its not very easy to handle a TS and the many nationalist rebels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Humperdinck View Post
    Common sense should have higher priority than rules.

    Not letting France attack Burgundy this session would not be far from telling him not to play this session, it would have torn apart the game of France.

    Burgundy was more or less defeated, the player informed us that he would not show with a very short warning and no sub, finding a sub for a nation so wrecked is nearly impossible.

    Given the circumstances I find the outcome to be the most agreeable one, and by far the one least destructive for the campaign as a whole.
    While I do agree with you (thought), still rules are rules, otherwise it will be jungle out there and whats next then?
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār


  3. #283
    Sergeant derri's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Poland, Krakow
    Posts
    74
    I'm really sorry for not showing up yesterday without previous notice.

    Didn't have time to check savegame yet, however I see a lot of changes Any clue about what happened to my fleet and how AI made 50% navy trad? ^^

  4. #284
    Colonel vasziljevics's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    on the deck
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by derri View Post
    I'm really sorry for not showing up yesterday without previous notice.

    Didn't have time to check savegame yet, however I see a lot of changes Any clue about what happened to my fleet and how AI made 50% navy trad? ^^
    actually you were subbed by PiriReis

  5. #285
    Lt. General stnikolauswagne's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ,Germany
    Posts
    1,513
    If I had to guess I'd say your fleet died when the breton province where your fleet was stationed changed hands three times within one year due to some strange hijinks. Piri probably forgot to put them into another port after that.

  6. #286
    So is Uladh coming back next session, or is he quiting?

    I must say that Manchu has done a fairly good job, defeating the Indonesian states and... Brittany. However, it looks like most of it's impressive 30 regiments got wiped during the last four years of the session [compared saves], presumably fighting rebels in the south without adequate monthly reinforcements. The small fleet is similarly gone, which put Manchu in an awkward position for the next session.

  7. #287
    Lt. General stnikolauswagne's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ,Germany
    Posts
    1,513
    As soon as Ceylon is a core I will be petty and blockade manchu into death and beyond. How dare they disturb my evil plans?

  8. #288
    Thanks for subbing me Falahk.

    Ofcourse i understand how frustrating it is when someone you intent to conquer goes missing, but sid is hardly the first one to have been in that situation... In any case I will look at the situation when i come home on sunday.

  9. #289
    sorry guys i mixed this game up with the thursday game, i was online the whole time but thought the game was starting like 6 hours later so i was playing eve online

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Serzis View Post
    So is Uladh coming back next session, or is he quiting?

    I must say that Manchu has done a fairly good job, defeating the Indonesian states and... Brittany. However, it looks like most of it's impressive 30 regiments got wiped during the last four years of the session [compared saves], presumably fighting rebels in the south without adequate monthly reinforcements. The small fleet is similarly gone, which put Manchu in an awkward position for the next session.
    Yeah, I sunk their fleet when they joined against me in a war with Majpahit.

  11. #291
    Grand Admiral PiriReis's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,758
    Pewt was very busy this session, I was seeing his ships everywhere..
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār


  12. #292
    User moved to other account
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    124
    Him and I had a pretty stressful game of tag!

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    Pewt was very busy this session, I was seeing his ships everywhere..
    I was chasing Humperdinck's navy around all session.

  14. #294
    It seems that there's nothing for me to come back to. I thought that I would actually have my country protected for this session. Still, seeing that Sid won't let me exist at all, it seems, we can leave it that way.

    Also, unless there's no other country I could switch to, I will have to thank you all for a good game and hope to see more of you in future games.

    If there's any reasonable country I could play next session, let me know.

  15. #295
    Master of Lulz Elcyion's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden Motala
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by whizz View Post
    It seems that there's nothing for me to come back to. I thought that I would actually have my country protected for this session. Still, seeing that Sid won't let me exist at all, it seems, we can leave it that way.

    Also, unless there's no other country I could switch to, I will have to thank you all for a good game and hope to see more of you in future games.

    If there's any reasonable country I could play next session, let me know.
    Burgundy will be edited back into what it was pre this session
    Skype: Elcyion.lacar
    Done with Eu4 Multiplayer for the moment
    Words of Wisdom: Old Players are like Raptors New Players are like Sheep
    Never Listen to Iwanow He Doesnt Know a Thing About Eu3
    Pewt=WW1 style PvP Elcyion=WW2 Style PvP

  16. #296
    Regardless if Burgundy comes back or not, i would still say that it should be edited back to what it was presession.

    Otherwise ppl will simply start ignoring the protection rule, kill nations whose players are gone and get away with it when those player dont come back cause their nation is ruined.

  17. #297
    Lt. General stnikolauswagne's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ,Germany
    Posts
    1,513
    Well, I for one could not care less about what happens with Burgundy, yet I am still somewhat torn about the issue.

    On the one hand yes, its in the Rules, and they should probably be upheld.
    On the other hand, the rule is (as far as I see it) there for the reason to protect players who cant show up from getting taken advantage of because the AI is unable to play on their level. And here lies the crux of our problem. I am reasonably certain that Burgundy would have died the same death if it had been subbed by Silktrader, simply because it was sufficiently weaker than France and the only nations that could reasonably save it (Austria and Castille) either did not care or where still NAP'ed out. I think its fairly obvious that the player did not take much time to search for a sub, knowing that this was the best way to protect the nation from the French. I gues this should fall in the category of exploitation of the rules... (No Insult intended, this is just my view on the events).

    But ah well, idc anyways, though we should probably get to the real important points of discussion: Sid, how the heck to you explain that Twilight is less popular than Applejack? I mean, cmon, I understand Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, and heck, maybe even Pinkie Pie, but Applejack???

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by stnikolauswagne View Post
    Well, I for one could not care less about what happens with Burgundy, yet I am still somewhat torn about the issue.

    On the one hand yes, its in the Rules, and they should probably be upheld.
    On the other hand, the rule is (as far as I see it) there for the reason to protect players who cant show up from getting taken advantage of because the AI is unable to play on their level. And here lies the crux of our problem. I am reasonably certain that Burgundy would have died the same death if it had been subbed by Silktrader, simply because it was sufficiently weaker than France and the only nations that could reasonably save it (Austria and Castille) either did not care or where still NAP'ed out. I think its fairly obvious that the player did not take much time to search for a sub, knowing that this was the best way to protect the nation from the French. I gues this should fall in the category of exploitation of the rules... (No Insult intended, this is just my view on the events).

    But ah well, idc anyways, though we should probably get to the real important points of discussion: Sid, how the heck to you explain that Twilight is less popular than Applejack? I mean, cmon, I understand Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, and heck, maybe even Pinkie Pie, but Applejack???
    I have to admit your point is valid.

    But why didnt France bother to call for a vote?

    If Sid had simply asked us what to do with it now instead of just dowing when it was clearly a divided issue, i for one wouldve said yea, go for it. Burgundy wouldve fallen anyways.

    But typical Sid, if nobody forces him to uphold rules, he just ignores them.

  19. #299
    Master of Lulz Elcyion's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden Motala
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    I have to admit your point is valid.

    But why didnt France bother to call for a vote?

    If Sid had simply asked us what to do with it now instead of just dowing when it was clearly a divided issue, i for one wouldve said yea, go for it. Burgundy wouldve fallen anyways.

    But typical Sid, if nobody forces him to uphold rules, he just ignores them.
    Tbh its not just about Burgundy theres allways someone who got a valid reason to attack a AI nation. Hell ill give u a good example say u got a GB with 700big ships and a Spain with 150 big ships and 50 transports should Spain be allowed to annex GB in 1 session just becuse its AI and the player can? Just becuse no one can stop it we all know the AI is lausy and cant do shit against a player thats why we got AI Protection when ure gone. If we ganna look at circumstances evry time theres allways ganna be a valid reason to attack the AI player nation... it just shouldent be done and the Rule should be iron clad if ure planning to attack a nation u know might be AI be smart get a lousy sub for it and then do it... not do it the Sid way not carring about the rules and just dowing even thought he got told 20times not to do it...
    Skype: Elcyion.lacar
    Done with Eu4 Multiplayer for the moment
    Words of Wisdom: Old Players are like Raptors New Players are like Sheep
    Never Listen to Iwanow He Doesnt Know a Thing About Eu3
    Pewt=WW1 style PvP Elcyion=WW2 Style PvP

  20. #300
    User moved to other account
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcyion View Post
    Tbh its not just about Burgundy theres allways someone who got a valid reason to attack a AI nation. Hell ill give u a good example say u got a GB with 700big ships and a Spain with 150 big ships and 50 transports should Spain be allowed to annex GB in 1 session just becuse its AI and the player can? Just becuse no one can stop it we all know the AI is lausy and cant do shit against a player thats why we got AI Protection when ure gone. If we ganna look at circumstances evry time theres allways ganna be a valid reason to attack the AI player nation... it just shouldent be done and the Rule should be iron clad if ure planning to attack a nation u know might be AI be smart get a lousy sub for it and then do it... not do it the Sid way not carring about the rules and just dowing even thought he got told 20times not to do it...
    Your example is very different from the situation on hand.

    France had one option this entire session, that was to attack Burgundy.
    Burgundy was so weak that having a player in it would not have changed the outcome.
    France had established NAPs or agreements with other players to do this within a fixed timeframe.
    Burgundy was in a bad shape, the AI would have improved it significiantly trough the length of a session.

    Having a sub there would not have changed the outcome, it would simply have wasted the time of the sub (is there any subs willing to play a nation which got no army and is in the process of being eaten by a France? I doubt it)

    And as Stnikolauswagne pointed out, the very best way of defending Burgundy was to simply not show up.

    I believe the correct decision was made during the game, following rules blindly, when they are not written to deal with the situation at hand, is the wrong thing to do, or so I believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts