• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sandmann

General
60 Badges
Jan 4, 2002
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
1. Is settlement policy the only way to spread you culture to a bunch of remote conquered provinces that does not have or border your culture? For example when you take Oran and Tlemcen of Algiers.

2. What factors increases the chance of the culture spread event to happen?

Last edited:
Thanks but I'm not sure about the negative and positive percentages and national ideas on that page, it says that 'Church attendance day' NI gives -20% but 'Humanism' +100%, this means that CAD increases the chance and Humanism decreases the chance right? Just like low low stab gives +100% and 'liberty egalité fraternity' +100% from the tolerance of differences.

But are all the modifiers unchanged since HTTT 4.1b?

Thanks but I'm not sure about the negative and positive percentages and national ideas on that page, it says that 'Church attendance day' NI gives -20% but 'Humanism' +100%, this means that CAD increases the chance and Humanism decreases the chance right? Just like low low stab gives +100% and 'liberty egalité fraternity' +100% from the tolerance of differences.
You've got it right, the percentages are for MeanTimeToHappen so +100% means it'll take on average twice as long if that modifier applies.

So the conclusion is that there is two culture spread events (culture spread and settlement policy) and that theres is three ways to spread a culture overseas;

1. Settlement policy.

2. Having a CoT or capital overseas can trigger the culture spread event in that province.

3. Religious conversion of an animist province gives it your state culture.

Are these conclusions of mine correct or are there more to it? Thanks for feedback.

Also the Byzantine's and the Ottoman's get bonuses on each other in anatolia and greece or is it just the byzantines in anatolia?

If your primary is Prussian you get a gigantic bonus for Saxon and Pommeranian, if the area is the Turkish region and your primary is either Greek or Turkish and the province is the opposite, if the province is tartar or horde buddy and you're Slavic or Baltic.

It may be a bug but I've observed that when I have a priest do a religious conversion in the new world the culture changes too. So I've been merrily changing Incas and Africans into Englishmen.

settlement policy seems to have some pretty vicious penalties.

It may be a bug but I've observed that when I have a priest do a religious conversion in the new world the culture changes too. So I've been merrily changing Incas and Africans into Englishmen.

settlement policy seems to have some pretty vicious penalties.

If you convert a pagan nation to your religion, they also become your culture. That is a feature, probably emulating how much pagan cultures have survived today.

Settlement policy carries some very heavy penalties but they are managable for a small tight empire. Getting rid of the tax and manpower malices from wealthy provinces can be worth the ~50 years of pain but again, a drop in the ocean for large expansive empires.

So if I'm colonizing and blobbing as England, I shouldn't bother with settlement policy on the Irish.

Is there a way to destroy their cores?

Is there a way to destroy their cores?

Well you could realise them, take them all back exept one and in the next war force them to revoke the cores. I made Sweden revoke their cores on swedish speaking culture provinces, so I guess it should work on ireland too, but there will still be atleast one core you can't do that with.

I do that regularly with all countries I get my paws on.

Yes, those final stubborn cores. How to kill them?

I do that regularly with all countries I get my paws on.

Yes, those final stubborn cores. How to kill them?

There is a province decision that costs 2 magistrates that removes the cores of all nations that no longer exists in that province. All it requires is your national focus and 2 magistrates per province, so just move your NF to an Irish province that borders the rest of the Irish provinces.

Stick your national focus on Connaught then you can settlement polict the whole island. If that's too intense just stick a settlement policy on Connaught and wait for it to spread naturally. Once they become english, the Irish will lose their cores within 50 years, instantly if you promote cultural unity.

That's the best way to remove the Irish from the game. English culture will not spread in Ireland unless at least one of them has been converted to English already. This is, however, not a very good idea if you're a blobbing colonial Britain: The loss of magistrates and colonists from settlement policies is not worth the fraction of increased income this would bring you. You could make the case for it if you were holding only the UK and perhaps a dosen or so mainland provinces, but otherwise, no.

There is a province decision that costs 2 magistrates that removes the cores of all nations that no longer exists in that province. All it requires is your national focus and 2 magistrates per province, so just move your NF to an Irish province that borders the rest of the Irish provinces.
"Promote Cultural Unity" is only available within your own culture group so that wouldn't work unless you also converted all the Irish to English first as DDRJake described.

"Promote Cultural Unity" is only available within your own culture group so that wouldn't work unless you also converted all the Irish to English first as DDRJake described.
I had my NF on Connaut and was surprised when I didn't get the unity option, that explains it. Nothing comes easy.

Do the bad things accumulate for each province under settlement?