+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Culture spread

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Culture spread

1. Is settlement policy the only way to spread you culture to a bunch of remote conquered provinces that does not have or border your culture? For example when you take Oran and Tlemcen of Algiers.

2. What factors increases the chance of the culture spread event to happen?
    Last edited by Sandmann; 24-06-2012 at 10:12.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Thanks but I'm not sure about the negative and positive percentages and national ideas on that page, it says that 'Church attendance day' NI gives -20% but 'Humanism' +100%, this means that CAD increases the chance and Humanism decreases the chance right? Just like low low stab gives +100% and 'liberty egalité fraternity' +100% from the tolerance of differences.

Yup, -% decrease MTTH, increasing chance, while +% increase MTTH , decreasing chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Swistaczek View Post
    But are all the modifiers unchanged since HTTT 4.1b?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmann View Post
    Thanks but I'm not sure about the negative and positive percentages and national ideas on that page, it says that 'Church attendance day' NI gives -20% but 'Humanism' +100%, this means that CAD increases the chance and Humanism decreases the chance right? Just like low low stab gives +100% and 'liberty egalité fraternity' +100% from the tolerance of differences.
    You've got it right, the percentages are for MeanTimeToHappen so +100% means it'll take on average twice as long if that modifier applies.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Torkel View Post
    But are all the modifiers unchanged since HTTT 4.1b?

Having a high Narrowmineded also helps in DW now.
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

So the conclusion is that there is two culture spread events (culture spread and settlement policy) and that theres is three ways to spread a culture overseas;

1. Settlement policy.

2. Having a CoT or capital overseas can trigger the culture spread event in that province.

3. Religious conversion of an animist province gives it your state culture.

Are these conclusions of mine correct or are there more to it? Thanks for feedback.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Also the Byzantine's and the Ottoman's get bonuses on each other in anatolia and greece or is it just the byzantines in anatolia?
    Player Kills-3

Experience is the teacher of all things. - Julius Caesar
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto.

If your primary is Prussian you get a gigantic bonus for Saxon and Pommeranian, if the area is the Turkish region and your primary is either Greek or Turkish and the province is the opposite, if the province is tartar or horde buddy and you're Slavic or Baltic.

It may be a bug but I've observed that when I have a priest do a religious conversion in the new world the culture changes too. So I've been merrily changing Incas and Africans into Englishmen.

settlement policy seems to have some pretty vicious penalties.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by lizardo View Post
    It may be a bug but I've observed that when I have a priest do a religious conversion in the new world the culture changes too. So I've been merrily changing Incas and Africans into Englishmen.

settlement policy seems to have some pretty vicious penalties.
    If you convert a pagan nation to your religion, they also become your culture. That is a feature, probably emulating how much pagan cultures have survived today.

Settlement policy carries some very heavy penalties but they are managable for a small tight empire. Getting rid of the tax and manpower malices from wealthy provinces can be worth the ~50 years of pain but again, a drop in the ocean for large expansive empires.

So if I'm colonizing and blobbing as England, I shouldn't bother with settlement policy on the Irish.

Is there a way to destroy their cores?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Is there a way to destroy their cores?
    Well you could realise them, take them all back exept one and in the next war force them to revoke the cores. I made Sweden revoke their cores on swedish speaking culture provinces, so I guess it should work on ireland too, but there will still be atleast one core you can't do that with.

I do that regularly with all countries I get my paws on.

Yes, those final stubborn cores. How to kill them?

I do that regularly with all countries I get my paws on.

Yes, those final stubborn cores. How to kill them?
    There is a province decision that costs 2 magistrates that removes the cores of all nations that no longer exists in that province. All it requires is your national focus and 2 magistrates per province, so just move your NF to an Irish province that borders the rest of the Irish provinces.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Stick your national focus on Connaught then you can settlement polict the whole island. If that's too intense just stick a settlement policy on Connaught and wait for it to spread naturally. Once they become english, the Irish will lose their cores within 50 years, instantly if you promote cultural unity.

That's the best way to remove the Irish from the game. English culture will not spread in Ireland unless at least one of them has been converted to English already. This is, however, not a very good idea if you're a blobbing colonial Britain: The loss of magistrates and colonists from settlement policies is not worth the fraction of increased income this would bring you. You could make the case for it if you were holding only the UK and perhaps a dosen or so mainland provinces, but otherwise, no.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Nessaj View Post
    There is a province decision that costs 2 magistrates that removes the cores of all nations that no longer exists in that province. All it requires is your national focus and 2 magistrates per province, so just move your NF to an Irish province that borders the rest of the Irish provinces.
    "Promote Cultural Unity" is only available within your own culture group so that wouldn't work unless you also converted all the Irish to English first as DDRJake described.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    "Promote Cultural Unity" is only available within your own culture group so that wouldn't work unless you also converted all the Irish to English first as DDRJake described.
    I had my NF on Connaut and was surprised when I didn't get the unity option, that explains it. Nothing comes easy.

Do the bad things accumulate for each province under settlement?

Ship Simulator Extremes

Do the bad things accumulate for each province under settlement?
    Yes, say goodbye to your magistrates and colonists, say hello to rising infamy.

+ Reply to Thread