• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(271561)

First Lieutenant
6 Badges
Feb 21, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
As the 2 of my regular viewers know, my computer was wiped, and I lost all of the data in it, including my AARs. So, here I am, attempting to rebuild. I hope you like it, I know I SURE do!

Wilhelm's Intergalactic Adventures - In Space

Wil.jpg

Yesss! Repetition! Now you know that I'm back!!​

In this AAR, I will be using nom's mod "World Generator" which can be found here

This will be focused on Wilhelm, a classic figure of modern English literature that I made up. The first update will drop in.....about six seconds.

~ VBOND OUT

Prologue - Prologue

Wilhelm Tiffany Winklebottom: Man of mystery, conspiracy, intrigue, and most importantly, a history advisor for a book publishing company. Or at least he was…..once. Despite that dramatic pause, it wasn’t graceful in the slightest. The book he was working on mysteriously disappeared, and he had nothing left to live for…..or did he? I used the dramatic pause again, but I don’t really care. Anyway, back to this story, he moved to India to rediscover himself, but he knew the real reason he was there….the aliens. See, I did it again. I really should stop, and at that, I should put parentheses in this internal monologue so that the story transitions more smoothly, but I don’t really feel like it to be honest.

After he visited India, he stayed under the radar doing “obscure” jobs in Western Europe, until becoming a bounty hunter in Luxemburg. He liked it because it had a rich heritage and had the charm of France and Germany all in one comfortable little city-state, as well as the beautiful sightseeing in the Black Forrest. He also enjoyed it because it had a vital resource that he needed. JUSTICE. (Unfortunately, I’m not going delve into that part of his life, as it is too extreme and has too many explosions to be remotely interesting.)

Wilwandering.jpg

Trying to find himself

However, fifty years later, as a gaucho llama rancher in Argentina, his life fully realized at the age of forty-five. But that would all change……(I did it again. And to think I was on a roll, too. I’m sad now.) One sleepy Thursday afternoon, Wilhelm, tired after watching all of his underpayed ranch hands care for the llamas, saw something fly overhead. He chased it on the back of his prize winning race llama, “Lou Diamond Phillips”, he found the object – a bird. However, next to the bird was a glowing rock. He walked over and touched it, shooting him into space…..

TO BE CONTINU’D

Note: That looked alot longer in Microsoft Word

~ VBOND OUT

Last edited:
He should take at least a few llamas with him. In the best case, he would bring them back (ha, back to where? If he returned to Earth 500 million years ago(!!!) they would be the ancestors of all mammals, living amidst small primitive amphibians and after 200 million years more they would gain sentience and worship Wilhelm Tiffany Winklebottom as a high god in their pantheon). In the worst cast, having an alternative to nutritious pills is nice.

This looks interesting, best of luck.

Why, thank ya

Ahhhh, another Vagabond AAR. Will be following this from the shadows where madness lives.

Why not come to the light, where madness comes to visit in-laws?

It's been too long :)

Indeed, I agree, smiley face.

He should take at least a few llamas with him. In the best case, he would bring them back (ha, back to where? If he returned to Earth 500 million years ago(!!!) they would be the ancestors of all mammals, living amidst small primitive amphibians and after 200 million years more they would gain sentience and worship Wilhelm Tiffany Winklebottom as a high god in their pantheon). In the worst cast, having an alternative to nutritious pills is nice.

Hmmmm.....I'll take this into consideration.

Excellent! Although there may not be as many toilet lessons in this aar, it still seems to be an amazing experience we all shall enjoy

Excellent! Although there may not be as many toilet lessons in this aar, it still seems to be an amazing experience we all shall enjoy

Good thing the offical Vagabond cheerleader is here, now this thing can start. Happy face.

Writing the next update now, and take it from me, IT'S OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Sorry about that......

EPISODE 1

A recap of the last episode:

[video=youtube;Dddm5bQeKvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dddm5bQeKvg[/video]

Wilhelm awoke in a grove of strange alien fauna that to a human eye, appeared as small green blades, and strange creatures above him moving their appendages up and down, making rapid, high pitched noises (a possible signal jammer defense.) As he moved further ahead, he came across a possible alien colony: Their life support domes weren’t domes at all. They were life support cubes, made of some advanced alien material with the tops that appeared to be longer, dryer versions of the green blades. Then, in the middle of the colony, while perhaps performing some diagnostic check of their systems, he saw them:

GreensleevesJHBNewPic2.jpg

Aliens.

After that, Wilhelm nonchalantly found a map of the alien world…..

provinces.jpg

TO BE CONTINU’D

~ VBOND OUT

Note: Thanks, Fajita, it's nice to see someone so dedicated to a masterful AARer such as myself.....

So, you get a.....

*THUMBS UP
*see upper left hand side of the post

My god! He wasn't crazy. Well great things will only ensue with Wilhelm interacting with aliens.
I can't wait!

Is there a version of that map generator for DW?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the link in the OP.

Last edited:
Hmmm... if you tilt your head to the right 90 degrees, you'll see that the bottom of the map resembles a foot and leg.

This game looks intriguing, so I'll be following :) . Consider me on board the Great Space Coasteer.