• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does any one have a good guide for ai modding?

There are some documents on AI modding in your Modding Documentation folder, but there's not a complete and up-to-date AI guide I'm aware of.

What happened to the Extended Countrymaking Guide?
I cannot access that page either. Probably a forum issue

You should update this list of playable mods, because it's not true. For example 18th century mod is not working. The link is dead.

There could be "dead" download links for mods listed here indeed, but if you find one better do a post in the mod's thread and someone could re-upload it.

ps
Links for 18th century mod (mod thread, main mod download and patch download) work just fine for me - just checked that.

Why there is tag playable on many mods while they don't have working download links?

I don't mean to nag, but I do it anyway :D

Nearly all mods I have viewed (especially graphics related ones) host their preview images on imageshack. They are now subscription based and don't allow the images to be viewed without paying money.

I know there is nothing to change here, because this is everything relatively old stuff but it is a bummer for new players nevertheless.

I don't mean to nag, but I do it anyway :D

Nearly all mods I have viewed (especially graphics related ones) host their preview images on imageshack. They are now subscription based and don't allow the images to be viewed without paying money.

I know there is nothing to change here, because this is everything relatively old stuff but it is a bummer for new players nevertheless.

Darkest Hour has evolved over the years, from version 1 to the current 1.04. You cannot play a 1.03/1.02 mod in dh 1.04. Those are old mods and not playable in dh1.04. Then Paradox moved to a new forum, although you can view old posts on the old forum, it is rare for anything like graphics or files to be still downloadable.

There are quite a variety of currently playable mods in dh1.04. Modders have to update their mods to the latest version every time the game is updated. If you need a specific item, you can request it on the forum and you might be lucky that someone has that item still on their hard drive.

Probably best place to post this spreadsheet. It tracks the socio-economic slider limits of the various ideologies. Using these socio-economic connections a scripter may modify the ideologies too better resemble one another according their effects on the corresponding domestic policies. The original HoI2 ideological limits were very good but, also too restrictive for modification. Wish the domestic policy sliders could be freed or even better moddable per ideology by methods other than event commands. The restrictions stifle the balance of the entire diplomacy interface.

Attachments

• ideology - socioeconomic.7z
    13,4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hello...
I have a question.
I have Darkest hour and a mod with the E3 map and I would like to allow the Cadiz Province to be connected by the Strait of Gibraltar to Ceuta.
it would be the same as is allowed in the Turkish Strait or in the Suez Canal.
But I do not know how to do it.
Could someone tell me the steps and what files should be modified to allow the passage of troops from Cadiz to Ceuta without using transports?
Thanks and best regards

Hi.

First of all, you must locate the following file: Darkest Hour/Mods/[name of the mod you're using]/map/Map_1/adj-defs .

Inside this file, you can see five columns:

From - To - Type - Through - Comment

All you have to do is to insert line, then to fill the blanks, like this:

- under From: Cadiz province ID
- under To: Ceuta province ID
- under Type: Sea
- under Through: Strait of Gibraltar province ID
- under Comment: Cadiz : Ceuta (though this one may not be mandatory, I think)

I don't use the E3 map, so I can't provide you with the relevant province IDs, you'll have to find them on your own.

Once edited, you just have to save and quit. I suggest you to keep the original file somewhere as a backup.

Would it be possible to update the OP in this thread? I've noticed the following mods are all updated for the latest version of Darkest Hour (version 1.5.1) and located at different locations to those stated in the OP:

• 2Like
Reactions:
Would it be possible to update the OP in this thread? I've noticed the following mods are all updated for the latest version of Darkest Hour (version 1.5.1) and located at different locations to those stated in the OP:
Ah thank you very much.
What other mods are available? I notice many were not updated for the latest release.
Would really like some cosmetic stuff too; are there spruced up versions of vanilla map?