• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(484843)

Recruit
3 Badges
Apr 29, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
First off I would like to say that this is not only my first AAR, but my first post also. I have already put around 90 hours in the game but I end up only getting to around 1600 before I decide to play a different nation and by mistake overwrite my save files, oops. :sad:

So in the hopes of having a little fun and completing the game for the first time, I am starting an AAR playing the nation of Switzerland.

House Rules:

Do not form Germany

No cheating/save editing

No going over the BB limit

No loading save files except if I am about to be annexed

Mods/Game Rules:

Lucky nations are set to random so maybe we will see some small powers rise up.
Difficulty is set to very hard because I totally mastered the game in just 90 hours :cool:

I am using two mods that don't really change anything except for aesthetic:

Colony Name Changer:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?507760-Colony-Ingame-Name-Change-Mod

DAO Lite Map:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?608458-DAO-Lite-Map-Mod

Let the madness begin!

The Council of 1399

In 1399 the Council had gathered in hopes of starting a new era for the Cantons of Switzerland. They started off with addressing the matters of foreign relations. Switzerland was surrounded by powerhouses such as Austria, Burgundy and France. Most worrying was the eight thousand Milanese troops on the southern border. The council immediately decided that 'Improving Relations with Milan' was of greatest importance.

28utduv.jpg

Among other issues was the problem of trade. All the members in the council were fairly plutocratic so they believed in free trade and as such they decided to push for laws in that direction.
Also worrying was the lack of allies, luckily Switzerland had the potential to become a great power meaning other powers thought Switzerland would be good allies.

On that same day of the 14th they also ordered the training of new troops to fill the ranks of the Swiss Army.

With the first hectic day over the council retreated to their homes, waiting to see if they made the right decisions.

But one thing was for sure, life Up On the Mountain, had changed forever.

OOC~

Thats my pilot I guess, please tell me if I did good or such ;)
This was mainly talking about the current state of the nation so I didn't include many pictures, but I will do so later on

Last edited:
I'm getting a message that the picture is unavailable?

A new day is upon the Cantons of Switzerland. The council had once again got out of bed to continue their daily routine of sitting in a large room with a circle of chairs. By the time the council was done sitting down a messenger was waiting to speak.

The news he had brought was of the Military Alliances that the Councils had requested. They had both been accepted. The messenger also mentioned that Austria needed Military Access from the Cantons. Of course the council replied by giving them access. Some of the council thought they did this for reasons of strengthening relations, but most of the council could agree they just wanted access to Sundgau.

5a1c28.png

Unfortunately, the alliance made between Switzerland and Milan wasn't enough to mend their some what poor relations, further actions would have to be made once diplomats where available.

A few days without interruption passed until a new messenger bearing a different Italian banner arrived in the chair filled council room. He says he represents Tuscany, a small Italian minor to the south. He asks for the simple request of a council members soul in the form of an alliance. While Switzerland has some large allies to two of its borders, it still has souls to spare. So the council agrees that an alliance would be a good idea, just not the soul taking part.

qrdsfq.png

Time passes on without much going on until the 20th of November when information of Switzerland's neighbors come in. The current status of wars isn't to bad. Burgundy is fighting Bar, (Would had never guessed :happy:) Savoy is at war with Sardinia, and it seems we didn't get invited to the party as Milan is fighting a bunch of German minors.

After a few offerings of gold and diplomats who have been eaten by the Milanese Duke, the council finally feels that they have good relations with the Milanese Cannibals. The council is still very scared though, as the military can only muster around 2 thousand troops while their Savoyard Rivals can muster 7 thousand.

The council feels they need to compensate for what they lack by having a bigger army then Savoy. :eek:o

2j2j6yp.png

Among other things seen in the image, ahem, report were some surprising news that Bar wasn't being completely destroyed! :eek: (The Purple guys sieging burgundy in the top left corner is Bar)

With a new goal set the council returned to their houses to get their souls and flesh taken away by their creepy Italian allies.

OOC~

This was still kind of a short update but I needed to put something out. I was hoping to increase the rate I put out updates but like many people I had plans for the 4th and I won't have access to a computer that won't overheat while playing Eu3. :angry: I will be making at least one on Monday and maybe one this weekend, but until then thanks for reading!

Last edited:
nervous counsil, well if I thought someone was eating my gold and diplomats. I may be a little nervous too.:eek: