Thread: Seaplane Carriers can't use ocean squares! Really?

Seaplane Carriers can't use ocean squares! Really?

So far, early Aug 1916, playing the US, GC, I have discovered that
    aircraft are nothing more than observation platforms, even though I've
    been using them since 1912 and they list "fighters". Now I build a
    seaplane carrier and it says it can't go on ocean squares. They've
    got a lot of fixing to do for the next update. No Cuxhaven Raids in
    this game's dimension!
    DrPostman BsD;
    Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253.
    AFA-B Official Pollster & Hammer of Thor award recipient, August 2004

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
    --Otto von Bismarck

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Congrats for reaching 1916. That alone is a victory.

(I believe the events of the WWI need linking as well, otherwise they don't fire, patience... wondering if and how the Russian Revolution will be now!)
    My AARs
    -------->>> The House of Zähringen <<<--------
    -------->>> Bismarck's Spirit <<<--------

Well, I read the breakdown wrong. I thought "Ocean Restricted" meant it couldn't travel on ocean
    squares. Still don't see what good a seaplane carrier does. The game is almost over as I am
    closing in on the Prestige points needed to win so I'm not sure if I'll have time to build an
    actual aircraft carrier. Not even halfway finished researching it

Yea, it's been a hell of a long slog. About 2 or 3 hours a day since I bought the game last
    December. But I still like this game and really want to see what improvements they can
    make to it with the next update. A Great War scenario would be awesome too!
    DrPostman BsD;

--Otto von Bismarck

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Yeah, I'm pretty sure "ocean-restricted" means it just can't sail down a river. I haven't made it anywhere near that far yet, but I wouldn't expect naval air projection(or any air projection) to be that big of a deal, relatively speaking. That's for the next great war.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Well, aircraft carriers in WWI were still in their infancy, I seriously doubt they could be war winners. But still a nice addition.
    My AARs

Yea, not a war winner, but certainly something a little more than just reconnaissance!
    DrPostman BsD;

--Otto von Bismarck

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Now that you progressed this far into the game, would it be possible that you could post some screens how the world has developed going that far in the game? I would really like to see how the game looks nearing the end as I (and I bet 95+% of the people here) never reached a game that far due to the turn progressing slowness.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Even better. Upload a zip of your .hst and .trn.

(for players in our MP game, there is Boernes' 1900 save if you are interested in the miscellanea folder of our Dropbox)
    My AARs

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    EUIV: Art of War

Do Capital ships give prestige points?

I think its the contrary, you need prestige points to build them

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIISemper FiWarlock: Master of the Arcane

'Ocean restricted' means that it cannot sail down rivers . It can readily sail anywhere on the seven seas

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2Semper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Argentina
    Do you have a saved game to send?
    The current is enough and we will take a look.
    You can send it over compressed to:
    fernando.turi@ageod.net
    AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!
    FACEBOOK: AGEOD - Pride of Nations
    Pride of Nations already available!! - AGEOD forum - Paradox forum
    -------
    Football Manager: La AAR chaquetera oficial FM 2007, FM 2008

Achievement get: Seaplane carriers!