• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emperor_krk

Mǎlum incarnatum
20 Badges
Mar 4, 2006
www.europa-universalis.com
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
Hi. I'm looking for someone with access to a decent English-language university library and a bit of goodwill.
I'm writing a Bachelor's thesis on the Безбожник - a bi-weekly issued between 1922/24 and 1941 by the Soviet League of Militant Godless. The precise topic of the thesis is "Soviet Anti-Western Propaganda in the Bezbozhnik 1925-1929". While the League itself has a quite wide bibliography, their newspapers don't - not to the desired extent. I was told, however, that there is a book (a trilogy, in fact) by Dimitry Pospielovsky, written in English, titled History of Soviet Atheism in Theory and Practice and the Believers, supposedly including some information on the Bezbozhnik. The books by Pospielovsky are not available on the Internet, neither are they accessible anywhere in Poland.

Therefore, since I don't even have access (via e.g. Google Books) to the book's table of contents, I don't know what (if anything) from it might be of use for me. According to the bibliography and footnotes of two other books that I have, Volumes I and II might be useful.

What I would like to ask a kind Paradoxian soul is, to check if their university library has the aforementioned book, and if so, to take a look at it, take photos of its table of contents and bibliography and send them to me. It is quite possible that the book doesn't contain much useful (for me, anyway) information, at which point my requests towards the kind Paradoxian would end; if the book proves otherwise, I might have some further requests, however that is to be seen in the future.

Tl;dr - need someone to take pictures of a book for me, which is unavailable in my country.

Hmm. I'm going to spend much of July writing my thesis, so I guess I can wait - I don't have to hand it over to my promoteur until late August.
I'll be very grateful :). When (and how) can I address you about that again?