Inspired by another thread - what would you witness?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

stamasd

honorary gypsy
87 Badges
Jan 28, 2011
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Sengoku
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Suppose you could go back in time, but not alter anything. You would be intangible and invisible - so you couldn't influence anything and anybody even if you tried. It's also a one-shot deal, you could only do it once in your lifetime. Where would you go, and why?

That's a tough one. It'd either be between the coronation of Charlemagne, the execution of Charles I, or the Battle of Waterloo. Probably the former.

Or, perhaps, the religious rites of the cult of Aphrodite in full swing. Giggity.

That`s really a tough one. Too many choices. But I pick the signing of the Declaration of Independence 1776.

The battle of Eylau. Largest cavalry charge in history. It would be a glorious sight to watch.

- The Fall of Constantinople, or

- The day of the Declaration of War in 1914, in the streets of Paris or Berlin, or

- The De Soto expedition (long trip), or

- The "foires de Champagne" (any), to see how it really worked and looked like, or

- The Congress of Vienna

I'll wait till everybody goes to see various cool events, films them on their mobile phones and uploads to youtube, and watch that.

Doesn't work that way. You're the only one in the whole history of mankind who will ever be able to make this trip. It's not only a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity, it's a one-in-the history-of-the-universe opportunity. You're the chosen one. What do you do? :D

1. Building of the pyramids, I know its an obvious one but it must have been spectacular, I also find the fact we live closer to the Romans than the Romans lived to the building of the pyramids quite astounding.

2. The Island of Flores about 15,000 years ago, inhabited by a race of tiny humans (homo floresiensis), giant komodo dragons, massive rats and a tiny species of elephant. I'd also be worshiped as a 6ft 4inch God.

3. The Jurassic period, North America, because, well.....Dinosaurs.

The Bing Bang, what a show

I'd like to travel around Europe during the revolutions of 1848. Be on the barricades in Paris and Berlin, visit Chartist demonstrations in London, watch events unfold in Vienna and Budapest and Milan. Popular revolutions like that are really the most amazing expression of everything good about the human spirit. I feel really fortunate to have witnessed events like that in Egypt and Iran during my own lifetime.

The journey of Methodios and Cyrillus