+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Inspired by another thread - what would you witness?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    It would be as cool as watching nazis exterminate jews. If you want it in a war context, as cool as the nazis repressing the Warsaw ghetto uprising.

Just senseless massacre by a superior armed force.
    Again, that is something we can see footage of already. The Mongols have an almost mystical quality in the eyes of most history fans, actually seeing them in action would be incredible. "cool", was defeinitely the wrong choice of word, but you can't deny that it would be interesting.

Is being able to understand the common language of your destination part of the premise?

Sergeant
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Jazumir View Post
    Is being able to understand the common language of your destination part of the premise?
    No, unless you spent years studying it.

At least not until someone makes a practical universal translator IRL.

Then most travels might end up in futility, right? Still, winessing the viking-native-contact in north-america, would be interesting. I´d make a series -deadwood style- about it afterwards. But i guess, that will come anyways, soon...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Since my only languages is Swedish, English and some German, I wouldn't really understand a thing through most of history. So there's really no point seeing most grand sermons, speeches etc and I figure that I would be sincerely disappointed by how most historical persons really look in real life as well. So I would want to see some massive spectacles of human violence like the battle of Lepanto, Actium, the charge of the cavalry at the siege of Vienna and Cannae even though it would undoubtetly screw me over in the long run, another thing I would want to see would be seven wonders of the world newly built, the city of Rome during the Empire and ancient Athens.

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

1492 The Fall of Granada and the arrival of Colombus at the New World.
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

The final Viking invasion of the Isle of Man and the establishment of Tynwald

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Nero's actions when Rome burned.
    "Wonderful theory. Wrong species." - EO Wilson, the world's foremost expert on ants, on communism

"Why should THAT be allowed?" - Swedish social democrat, on various instances of ideologically incorrect behaviour

Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northen Cyprus

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Petrograd 1917. To witness the white heat of revolution must have been something else
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    1. Jerusalem and the Kingdom of Israel during the reign of Solomon.

2. Battle of Antietam

3. The Mongols as they invaded the Middle East.
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Savoy View Post
    2. Battle of Antietam
    What (for you) is the draw of Antietam?
    Just curious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4