+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Music DLC with SoI?

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

New Music DLC with SoI?

Just watched the detwitch livestream, and at 1:14:30 about, an amazing sounding song came on for CK2. I'm just wondering, is this song going to be with SoI, or are we getting any music with it? Here's the livestream

http://de.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/320689719

It will be a music dlc like "Songs of Faith".
    http://marlamin.com/cdr/view.php?type=sub&id=14957

also check the other dlc called "African Unit Pack" :
    http://marlamin.com/cdr/view.php?type=sub&id=14956

I hate that kind of practice with CK 2. Those 2 should be included in or with Sword of Islam.

However if the total is not more than 15 bucks I'd still consider it fair.
    "A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort, or enslaves him, or attempts to limit the freedom of his mind, or compels him to act against his own rational judgment-a society that sets up a conflict between its edicts and the requirements of man's nature-is not, strictly speaking, a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang-rule. Such a society destroys all the values of human coexistence, has no possible justification and represents not a source of benefits, but the deadliest threat to man's survival" -Ayn Rand. Read about the nature of Singapore regime on 'exposingsingapore' blog

That song you mentioned at 1:14:30, I think that's from King Arthur/King Arthur II, though. Fits surprisingly well, even though KA plays in a fantasy Britannia :P

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Heart View Post
    I hate that kind of practice with CK 2. Those 2 should be included in or with Sword of Islam.

However if the total is not more than 15 bucks I'd still consider it fair.
    Well, but this way you can buy SoI at release and the music/portrait dlc when they are on sale. Isn't steam summer sale comming?
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    Well, but this way you can buy SoI at release and the music/portrait dlc when they are on sale. Isn't steam summer sale comming?
    I don't think steam ever put new release on sale.
    "A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort, or enslaves him, or attempts to limit the freedom of his mind, or compels him to act against his own rational judgment-a society that sets up a conflict between its edicts and the requirements of man's nature-is not, strictly speaking, a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang-rule. Such a society destroys all the values of human coexistence, has no possible justification and represents not a source of benefits, but the deadliest threat to man's survival" -Ayn Rand. Read about the nature of Singapore regime on 'exposingsingapore' blog

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

As Doomdark said on the livestream, if people keep buying the DLC, then they will create more. I think 9.99 is pretty reasonable, plus we have the 1.06 patch which is free. Oh, the song is not from King Arthur 1, but I have not played 2 so dont know about that. Pretty neat music though, and it would fit if it was just for the SoI DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by KevUK View Post
    As Doomdark said on the livestream, if people keep buying the DLC, then they will create more. I think 9.99 is pretty reasonable, plus we have the 1.06 patch which is free. Oh, the song is not from King Arthur 1, but I have not played 2 so dont know about that. Pretty neat music though, and it would fit if it was just for the SoI DLC.
    9.99 is reasonable but it is lacking the song which is another DLC and lacking African units(important for playing Egyptian Caliphate)

I just hope the total won't exceed 15 bucks.

You don't need the music nor the units to get a good gaming experience. Both are more of a cosmetical change than anything else. I've been playing for 5 patches without the Mongol and CoA DLC even though I paid for them and once installed I honestly didn't feel like it was such a big deal (it just made it "nicer")

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki View Post
    You don't need the music nor the units to get a good gaming experience. Both are more of a cosmetical change than anything else. I've been playing for 5 patches without the Mongol and CoA DLC even though I paid for them and once installed I honestly didn't feel like it was such a big deal (it just made it "nicer")
    Heh you know me..I'm obsessive compulsive I'm compelled to buy every DLCs with regards to CK2. Joke aside, the Islamic theme imo is just a must and so is the African units DLC.....

I could live without ruler designer though and the other music DLCs but thanks to steam sale I got them all.

At least the sprite pack should be included :/

Both of them say

BillingType ProofOfPrepurchaseOnly

Does this mean you have to preorder SOI? Can you even do that on gamersgate?

Quote Originally Posted by xyzt44 View Post

Does this mean you have to preorder SOI?
    No.

Nobody's heard about bonus dlc for preorder though, right?

+ Reply to Thread