Closed Thread

Thread: Wtf?!?!?!

Wtf?!?!?!

I check back on this game after only 1 month, and it's cancelled?!?!?!?!, where the hell did this come from? can someone please summarize wtf is going on, i tried reading the forums post but im just confused as hell....
    edit: why isn't ubik come on to explain? why wuld he betray us like this with no words or anything.

Here and here for the official Paradox announcements.

You should ask any further questions you have in the second thread-the mods have limited discussion to that thread, and have a policy of closing all other threads related to the cancellation (including, quite certainly, this one in the near future).

so ubik has said nothing? does he have no responsibility here? he just hides like the furher?...all his posts were packed with such confidence...was he just feeding us bullshit this entire time? i'm so confused.

Ubik is a paradox, but he is hardly interactive!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This thread is sure to be locked, but basically the game is cancelled, details on the first post of the official thread.

Ubik has posted vaguely threatening egotism on his forum, but has made no official statement.

The game is dead, but in theory could be taken on by Paradox to finish, but this seems unlikely.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Jak9090 View Post
    so ubik has said nothing? does he have no responsibility here? he just hides like the furher?...all his posts were packed with such confidence...was he just feeding us bullshit this entire time? i'm so confused.
    Well, he tried arguing with the Paradox reps, then one or two other MM devs and some beta testers came on and backed up P'dox's version, then Ubik slunk off to his own "forums" (of which he seems to have been one of the only members till today) and started making cryptic threats to sue Paradox. That turned the whole thing somewhat comedic, though its more a tragicomedy for people who liked MMtM and respected Ubik before this fiasco.

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Sigh, once again someone too important to post with the rest, in the thread already open and stickied.
    *Closed and infracted.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Closed Thread