+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the time of a ruler's death predetermined?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Is the time of a ruler's death predetermined?

I was playing my Irish ruler who has been happily uniting the country. This is one my first games, so I saved my game before starting a war to press a de jure claim against a neighboring county (I'm new, I make mistakes, it's still a learning process for me), then launched my war. A few months into the war, my ruler died in battle. His young betrothed had just come of age, so I realized I should have waited a bit and had him enjoy married life, maybe get an heir or two before I sent him off to the battlefield. So, I loaded my saved game to do just that, didn't launch the war this time, married the sweetheart - only to have my ruler die "in repose" at about the same time as he would have died in battle.

Was this a coincidence? Or is the time of a ruler's death predetermined and the only thing that changes is the circumstances?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm genuinely curious here.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

It is a coincidence.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindImpireMajesty II CollectionRome Gold
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Definitely no. I've reloaded old saves to spare my ruler from death by a variety of means.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Cool, thanks. It was just one of those "I guess it's not meant to be" moments.

+ Reply to Thread