+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Thursday's Insanity" — Thursdays, 20:00 CST

"Thursday's Insanity" — Thursdays, 20:00 CST

Thursday's Insanity

Albert Einstein defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Perhaps this makes me insane but I'm attempting a new Thursday game!

First session time: Thursday, June 28, 8pm CST, 6pm PST, 9pm EST, 2am GMT 3am CEST 11am AEST

Using EU III: Divine Wind. Patch: 5.1 (BJLT)

This campaign's concept can be described as "friendly" and "semi-competitive". Essentially this means to me that the game is supposed to be fun most of the time for almost everybody. It is the difference between defeating your opponents and crushing them and between fair and crippling demands. Strive to dominate the game but do not smother newbies and weaker nations to the point that they have no chance Try to engineer the fall of the strongest players instead of kicking the ones that are already down. This may at times be a difficult balance to maintain but I find it well worth the effort. If this is not for you then you should maybe join one of the more ruthless campaigns out there. Read the “Comments” and leave your insight on important questions regarding the game.

Session timing and duration
    Every Thursday, for four hours a session

Game Moderator:
    Hopefully this won't be necessary. I expect the players will be able to solve most issues among themselves, but if necessary I will step in to find solutions. Any edits needed for nations must be requested by the player and it will be my responsibility to review and implement what I see as necessary.

Settings:
    Standard with "Lucky Nations" off and AI aggressiveness set to "Low."
    Spread of Land and Sea Provinces: 100 years

Requirements:
    1. Players must download Teamspeak 3 for communication. http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads Ip is 24.165.210.170

Rules
    General Rules:
    1. Do not harass or insult players.
    2. Do not wreck your nation on purpose.
    3. Do not declare war for the sole purpose of gaining war taxes or the crusade bonus.
    4. Bargains between players will not be enforced except for immediate exchanges (i. e. give me/do A for B) when they have been made public.
    5. Do abstain from gamey behaviour. (Like but not limited to giving away missionaries, removing cores or HRE membership by selling provinces, releasing vassals you have cores on and reconquering them to reduce infamy, annexing other player's vassals when not at war with them, seizing provinces from pagan vassals). Ask when in doubt.
    6. Try your best to work with other nation leaders when called upon to discuss rule disputes. Work with the goal of a strong game that lasts more then 50 years and 1 session
    7. No diplo-vassalization of states in the HRE as a non-member state. There is no limit to vassalization due to war however.
    8. If you DoW a player's AI vassal, land can only be taken from that vassal in terms of the cb used. The only exception is the use of a cb that could have been used on the player if they had a border with you but they don't due to the vassal being in between your two nations. (such as holy war)
    9. In terms of the 100% warscore limit, releasing nations counts for double the in-game warscore.
    10. If involved in a player war and you make a separate peace with an AI nation who is also involved in the same war, any results from that separate peace can be revoked for 0% warscore. (for example France declares war on a small HRE state, Austria answers the cta, France vassalizes the initial state, Austria goes on to win the war cancelling that vassalization counts for 0% warscore)

Re-host and Absence Rules:
    1. If a player drops or arrives late rehosts will be granted generally within ~1 year of game time. If the nation is at risk from war or rebels or suchlike a rehost will usually be granted much sooner. If a player drops repeatedly, rehosts may be postponed until other players have the need as well. When you drop, your nation will be AI'd and protected. These nations may not be attacked and adjacent players should do their best to clean out rebels if they appear.
    2. AIed player nations are off-limits (in terms of warring, having his nation AIed is punishment enough already)

Presence and Communication Rules:
    1. Please do your best to notify the rest of the group when you will be absent for a session
    2. It is a player’s responsibility to find a sub if they are not able to show.
    3. We can use TS3, and steam chat to communicate before games.
    4. Missing two consecutive sessions without a sub or missing the first session will result in assumption of AWOL status and your nations will be opened up to be permed by another player or partitioned. This also applies to rage-quitting.

Peace Rules:
    1. Peacing a player nation through an AI nation is forbidden. (This rule is especially important in terms of PUing an AI nation where a player jumps in to help.
    2. An alliance's* demands may never exceed 100 % total Warscore.
    3. A player may ask their enemies for their demands at any time during a war and they are obliged to state them publicly. If he accepts the terms, further hostilities between the parties must be avoided and the war must be ended as soon as possible. Once a proposal has been accepted it can no longer be withdrawn from either side and the war is over.
    4. The aggressor in a player war must have initial terms. It's extremely annoying to have to wait around once a surrender takes place for terms to be decided.
    5. If you surrender at any point during the war it is definitive. The war is over, you lost and you have to accept your opponents' terms.

* Note that it does not matter whether you declare wars independently or not, while the game may not consider you as an alliance the rest of the humans (and GM if necessary...) most likely will.

Editing policy:
    Edits will be done to compensate for AI mismanagement of a country or to adapt a country to a new player's style of playing.

(and yes, most of this is copy/pasted)

Nation Roster:

Mad_Bugger: Utrecht > Netherlands
    King: England > Great Britain
    Ergan: Castille > Spain
    KL3MZ: Venice
    Master1a/Auqia: Brandenburg > Prussia Host
    Forsak3n: Hansa
    Nightraid3r/Radioactive: Austria
    Spyker92: Ottomans
    Y2Jonathan: Muscowy > Russia

Open: France (Currently being subbed by Dr_Doom00)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Y2Jonathan; 14-08-2012 at 08:28. Reason: minor rewording
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

Steam: Y2Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jonathan View Post
    This post will be updated each session with the new stats and map. The save from the end of the session can always be obtained from the stats page.
    Last edited by Y2Jonathan; 31-08-2012 at 09:05.
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

Switzerland / Ottomons / Savoy(italy) / Brandenburg.

Wanna see whos playing austria / france first though before I put myself in the middle.

Second Lieutenant Zmieczemiogniem's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Poland
    Naples
    Sweden
    Muscovy

Quote Originally Posted by spyker92 View Post
    Switzerland / Ottomons / Savoy(italy) / Brandenburg.

Wanna see whos playing austria / france first though before I put myself in the middle.
    Okay, I've listed both Switzerland and the Ottomans by your name. If someone expresses interest in Turkey, you can be Switzerland, but it's more important to have the Ottomans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmieczemiogniem View Post
    Poland
    Naples
    Sweden
    Muscovy
    Great! Welcome aboard. I'm going to put you as Naples at least for now because we'll definitely need an Italy.
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

England
    Austria
    Brandenburg
    Denmark
    Castille
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

"Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times."

Brandenburg
    Milan
    Sweden
    Available if needed to play any nation

Hansa
    Venice
    Castille
    england

Quote Originally Posted by nightraid3r View Post
    England
    Austria
    Brandenburg
    Denmark
    Castille
    Okay, I listed you as England or Austria. I'll solidify you as one or the other based on interest from other players.

Quote Originally Posted by master1a View Post
    Brandenburg
    Milan
    Sweden
    Available if needed to play any nation
    Okay, good to have you in the game as Brandenburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Uladh88 View Post
    Hansa
    Venice
    Castille
    england
    Hansa is great.
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

A bear there was, a bear! Kapt Torbjorn's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

edit: Nevermind. I can't make it on Thursday anyways
    Showcased AAR 4/17/2010, Lord Strange's Cookie of British Awesomeness , Favourite EU3 History Book AAR Q2 2010, Favourite EU3 Narrative AAR Q3 2010

France
    Castile
    Venice

Quote Originally Posted by wazzul View Post
    France
    Castile
    Venice
    Okay, I was a little hesitant to put you as France, but looking around at other games it seems you have plenty of mp experience and you've been good about letting others know if you were going to have problems making a session.

Also it seems you have hosted in the past. Would you be willing to be the backup?
    Last edited by Y2Jonathan; 23-06-2012 at 07:13.
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

I'd like to join;

Denmark
    Venice
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Verdande View Post
    I'd like to join;

Denmark
    Venice
    Portugal
    Excellent. It's good to have a Denmark.

For others, we still need a Castille and one of England or Austria if we want to be able to start this Thursday.
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

If someone hasnt taken england yet i would change from hansa to england

Quote Originally Posted by Uladh88 View Post
    If someone hasnt taken england yet i would change from hansa to england
    Edit: Looking through some of your work in past EU3 multi games, I have some trepidations about letting you play a major like England. I'm going to leave you as Hansa unless it actually gets to Thursday and we still don't have all the majors filled.
    Last edited by Y2Jonathan; 26-06-2012 at 08:59.
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

Second Lieutenant General Italia's Avatar
    Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi

I would like to play any MINOR country 'coz i haven't got any MP experience (in EU3...).
    Last edited by General Italia; 26-06-2012 at 12:19.
    "The tragedy of our times is we take authority as truth, not truth as authority" ~ dr. Hawass

Quote Originally Posted by General Italia View Post
    I would like to play any MINOR country 'coz i haven't got any MP experience (in EU3...).
    Okay, I suppose I would recommend Venice then. Just think islands and boats and you should be okay.
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

Second Lieutenant General Italia's Avatar
    Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jonathan View Post
    Okay, I suppose I would recommend Venice then. Just think islands and boats and you should be okay.
    Thank You very much!
    "The tragedy of our times is we take authority as truth, not truth as authority" ~ dr. Hawass

Game session is this Thursday. If you don't feel comfortable selecting a country or being a perm, feel free to just show up on Teamspeak a little before game start time and we'll probably have a place for you.

Anyway, TS ip is 24.165.208.100

Hamachi information will be sorted out by the host in Teamspeak so if possible show up a little early so we can be ready to go as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Y2Jonathan; 27-06-2012 at 10:02.
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast