Albert Einstein defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Perhaps this makes me insane but I'm attempting a new Thursday game!
First session time: Thursday, June 28, 8pm CST, 6pm PST, 9pm EST, 2am GMT 3am CEST 11am AEST
Using EU III: Divine Wind. Patch: 5.1 (BJLT)
This campaign's concept can be described as "friendly" and "semi-competitive". Essentially this means to me that the game is supposed to be fun most of the time for almost everybody. It is the difference between defeating your opponents and crushing them and between fair and crippling demands. Strive to dominate the game but do not smother newbies and weaker nations to the point that they have no chance Try to engineer the fall of the strongest players instead of kicking the ones that are already down. This may at times be a difficult balance to maintain but I find it well worth the effort. If this is not for you then you should maybe join one of the more ruthless campaigns out there. Read the “Comments” and leave your insight on important questions regarding the game.
Session timing and duration
Every Thursday, for four hours a session
Hopefully this won't be necessary. I expect the players will be able to solve most issues among themselves, but if necessary I will step in to find solutions. Any edits needed for nations must be requested by the player and it will be my responsibility to review and implement what I see as necessary.
Standard with "Lucky Nations" off and AI aggressiveness set to "Low."
Spread of Land and Sea Provinces: 100 years
1. Players must download Teamspeak 3 for communication. http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads Ip is 126.96.36.199
1. Do not harass or insult players.
2. Do not wreck your nation on purpose.
3. Do not declare war for the sole purpose of gaining war taxes or the crusade bonus.
4. Bargains between players will not be enforced except for immediate exchanges (i. e. give me/do A for B) when they have been made public.
5. Do abstain from gamey behaviour. (Like but not limited to giving away missionaries, removing cores or HRE membership by selling provinces, releasing vassals you have cores on and reconquering them to reduce infamy, annexing other player's vassals when not at war with them, seizing provinces from pagan vassals). Ask when in doubt.
6. Try your best to work with other nation leaders when called upon to discuss rule disputes. Work with the goal of a strong game that lasts more then 50 years and 1 session
7. No diplo-vassalization of states in the HRE as a non-member state. There is no limit to vassalization due to war however.
8. If you DoW a player's AI vassal, land can only be taken from that vassal in terms of the cb used. The only exception is the use of a cb that could have been used on the player if they had a border with you but they don't due to the vassal being in between your two nations. (such as holy war)
9. In terms of the 100% warscore limit, releasing nations counts for double the in-game warscore.
10. If involved in a player war and you make a separate peace with an AI nation who is also involved in the same war, any results from that separate peace can be revoked for 0% warscore. (for example France declares war on a small HRE state, Austria answers the cta, France vassalizes the initial state, Austria goes on to win the war cancelling that vassalization counts for 0% warscore)
Re-host and Absence Rules:
1. If a player drops or arrives late rehosts will be granted generally within ~1 year of game time. If the nation is at risk from war or rebels or suchlike a rehost will usually be granted much sooner. If a player drops repeatedly, rehosts may be postponed until other players have the need as well. When you drop, your nation will be AI'd and protected. These nations may not be attacked and adjacent players should do their best to clean out rebels if they appear.
2. AIed player nations are off-limits (in terms of warring, having his nation AIed is punishment enough already)
Presence and Communication Rules:
1. Please do your best to notify the rest of the group when you will be absent for a session
2. It is a player’s responsibility to find a sub if they are not able to show.
3. We can use TS3, and steam chat to communicate before games.
4. Missing two consecutive sessions without a sub or missing the first session will result in assumption of AWOL status and your nations will be opened up to be permed by another player or partitioned. This also applies to rage-quitting.
1. Peacing a player nation through an AI nation is forbidden. (This rule is especially important in terms of PUing an AI nation where a player jumps in to help.
2. An alliance's* demands may never exceed 100 % total Warscore.
3. A player may ask their enemies for their demands at any time during a war and they are obliged to state them publicly. If he accepts the terms, further hostilities between the parties must be avoided and the war must be ended as soon as possible. Once a proposal has been accepted it can no longer be withdrawn from either side and the war is over.
4. The aggressor in a player war must have initial terms. It's extremely annoying to have to wait around once a surrender takes place for terms to be decided.
5. If you surrender at any point during the war it is definitive. The war is over, you lost and you have to accept your opponents' terms.
* Note that it does not matter whether you declare wars independently or not, while the game may not consider you as an alliance the rest of the humans (and GM if necessary...) most likely will.
Edits will be done to compensate for AI mismanagement of a country or to adapt a country to a new player's style of playing.
(and yes, most of this is copy/pasted)
Mad_Bugger: Utrecht > Netherlands
King: England > Great Britain
Ergan: Castille > Spain
Master1a/Auqia: Brandenburg > Prussia Host
Y2Jonathan: Muscowy > Russia
Open: France (Currently being subbed by Dr_Doom00)