• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Erich, back from his week of vacation on the Baltic coast, sat before a microphone, looking at a sheet of paper with notes he had been writing, and rewriting, during those seven days; he had preferred to deliver a speech before an actual audience, from the Brandenburg Gates, on a bright, clear day. Instead, he was in a cramped, poorly lit room, on a cool, rainy, and overall miserable day; he had long accepted the fact that true, live speech would only leave him a target for the radicals, and he could not allow both a Minister, and the Chancellor himself, to die within a month of one another.

Standing up, he shifted his weight nervously, cleared his throat, and waited for the signal…

I am no great orator; I cannot hope to match the speaking skill, the sheer inspirational power, of my predecessor, Herr von und zu Birkenfeld; however, I feel compelled to speak my mind.

I have spent these past few months in a position wholly foreign to me; I was content, even happy, in post as Treasury Minister; I had but a few duties, and I was largely safe from the worst criticism brought up against the government. Now, at the helm of this nation, I can only weather the storms of war, violence, and fear that roll across this nation, cutting a horrid, dark swath to the core of every man, woman, and child. I have watched as this nation, the land of my birth, the land that I have dedicated my very life to serving, torn asunder in such a frighteningly short period. And despite my best efforts, I feel that I have done little to rectify this situation.

I have experienced the pain and suffering that has clenched this nation by the throat personally; my friends, my associates, even my family, have been attacked, or live under constant threat of it; I have lost my arm to the great and terrible darkness! Everyday, I read about more and more instability, of more radicalism, of more misery. And at every paragraph, I cannot help but weep for my homeland!

This election would appear to show the Imperial family to be unpopular, and one would assume that the Kaiser and the very institution of the Monarchy, has been naught but terrible for the Fatherland; however, this hatred has been borne from only one instance, the decision by the Kaiser to call for elections during wartime, after hearing about widespread corruption found to be pervasive and sinister in the last government; I cannot say that his choice was the right decision, but can one criticize a man for wishing to change a government that may be compromised, or driven to lead his homeland to ruin? I can find nothing but honour in his Majesty; do I always find myself in agreement with him? Certainly not; he and I are different men with different ideologies entirely; but his move to change the government, which was proven to have members with pro-French sentiments, was in the defence of the German people!

The Reactionaries are divided, and will only serve to tear this nation apart; reports have already shown that they have no qualms with using violence to achieve their goals! And what are those goals, exactly? It seems that they only wish to expand the power of the State at the expense of the people, and line their pockets through their corrupt and dangerous practices!

However, the Communists are far worse! They seem to believe violence, murder, terrorism, and sacrificing the integral, God-given rights of all Germans, are not only acceptable, but essential to bring about their Red Revolution! The Reich, the German People, cannot allow such vicious, cruel men, to attain any sort of meaningful power!

However, despite all these trials and tribulations that the brave and noble people of this glorious nation must now go through, I am optimistic; I have hope, and I know in my heart, that the Reich will see peace, prosperity, and stability again! We are winning our war against the French invaders; at every point, they have been pushed further and further back! And I have no doubt that these radicals, these men of violence, these dealers of fear and death, will soon lose all the power they presently have!

The Reich will not only return to the pinnacle of strength and prestige that it had before the war, before the radicals; it will surpass it! The Reich, our glorious Fatherland will become the great force, rich and powerful again!

People of Germany, now is the time for Unity! Now is the time to stand against the Radicals! Now is the Time for Victory! For the Fatherland, we shall Triumph!

Last edited:
I must say that this election has stunned me, the atheist Communists have gained substantial seats in the Reichstag. Also the new revelation of the German Reich party is completely disturbing and surprising. Finally, another assassination of a minister has happened, I now have hired four more personal body guards to protect me. As Postmaster General, I give the German and Berlin police force to look through all mail and documents deemed suspicious.

- Gabriel Ofterlehner, Postmaster General, Zentrums Partei

Men and women of Deutschland, as you know the rise of the communists and Social democrats has become alarming news as they continue to gain support. However the true Germans that is the Germans of the Reich party are strong and have been growing stronger! It is true, they do have numbers on us but we have quality for we are true Germans! We will continue to rise and rise until there is none who may oppose us, how can fellow Germans support parties that do not even believe that Germans exist? How can there be a Germany without Germans? They would treat the French the very enemy we fight the same as you if not better, how can we support people that do not put there nation and there Volk first! We ask all Germans to support us as only we care for Germany, not just the land or the name but the German people! What is it to be German? Blood? Paper? Soil? The communists have no loyalty to Germany, they would have us give up our land, our culture, our identity! Let all of the Reichstag know that our time is coming and there will be a day when the traitors will purged from glorious Deutschland!

-Oberst Erich von Rothause speaking to Berlin Freikorps.
Reich Party

I may be of the establishment in name and education, but I am not a member of the establishment. The establishment has shown it cannot be trusted. Just about every major party has become mired in scandal, the name of the Kaiser is as dirt in the streets, the old ways must be evolved to increase transparency in government and the accountability of those in power. That is why I am renouncing the status quo in favour of democratic evolution. That is why I am choosing to become a member of the German Democratic Party. I hope all free thinking and intelligent Germans will do the same.

-Albert Karl Gustav von Wettin
DDP

Last edited:
I hereby invite Reinhart von und zu Birkenfeld to form a government.

~His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the German Emperor and King of Prussia, Wilhelm III

Unfortunately, given the current make up of the Reichstag, I believe the formation of a stable government, within the confines permissible to his majesty, is impossible. Hence, I will ask that another another individual be given the chancellorship or fresh elections are called.

~Reinhart von und zu Birkenfeld

Berlin Times
3 April 1916 - Kaiser Wilhelm III expands Charity!

BERLIN - News is coming in from the Imperial Palace that the Kaiser has donated seventeen million Reichmarks, of his own personal wealth, to various agencies that help the poor and starving masses of Germany's cities. The Kaiser's popularity rises, and he gave a speech in Berlin, asking the next Government to work on balancing the budget, and to expand welfare and more public works, all things that increased his popularity around the country. However, on the other side, the core of the German Democrats were inflammatory, demanding and asserting that they would forever block the Kaiser's movements until he is gone.

I hereby, after much consideration, call for another round of elections, hopefully faring better.

~His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the German Emperor and King of Prussia, Wilhelm III

Von Wettin reacts to the news of fresh elections in Berlin:

This is a travesty. Does the Kaiser think we are so weak he can buy our votes? Just because the situation is unfavourable to him, he rejects the will of the people. We are not an autocracy. We at no absolute monarchy. Let the people cry out against the Kaiser's hypocrisy and repression. I beseech the people of this great country to endorse change and favour their own will. The best way is through the ballot box. Reject the establishment and endorse change this election. Vote German Democrat once again.

New Elections the Kaiser calls. This will just let the Military take even more funds than they are due. He seeks to bring Chaos to the Budget and Weaken the War against the French and Destroy this country in the long term. Workers we must oppose this fool before he destroys all we Workers have to stop this tyrant before he can Due too much Damage. If he's goes ahead with these Elections I urge all workers to Vote Communist. Only the Communists can protect the Interests of the Worker. Otherwise the Capitalists will continue to Exploit the Working classes.

New Elections the Kaiser calls. This will just let the Military take even more funds than they are due. He seeks to bring Chaos to the Budget and Weaken the War against the French and Destroy this country in the long term. Workers we must oppose this fool before he destroys all we Workers have to stop this tyrant before he can Due too much Damage. If he's goes ahead with these Elections I urge all workers to Vote Communist. Only the Communists can protect the Interests of the Worker. Otherwise the Capitalists will continue to Exploit the Working classes.

"I don't believe His Majesty is helping the right either. Despite the best efforts of all of us, the economy took a lurch once he called for new elections.

Silence yourself before you are hanged for treason."

~ Minister Friedrich von Weiss
Naval Ministry

People of Germany, the Kaiser once again calls for elections. I ask you to follow your duty and make your voices heard at the voting booths!

Friends, together we can form a stable Germany, a better Germany, a Germany for all!

the actions of these anarchists, traitors, and communists overshadow this, at least for today. The speak of a desire for a single people, a single world, and for revolution, yet in the end they destroy their own cause. The seek to destroy the individual, destroy the ties that bind us, destroy their nation, and destroy their people! Look not to those that would only seek to incite anarchy and revolution but instead look towards hope and reform!

I ask the German people, which part has stood up for you? Who has increased access to education for all? Who has improved the roads and railroads used by all? Who made it easier to stay in contact with not only you neighbors but the far-flung corners of the empire? Who has increased the welfare provided by the state? Who has placed the needs of the people and the nation above those of special interests? ZENTRUM!

In these areas the Zentrum has succeeded in making Germany a better nation, a true shining beacon unto the world. Furthermore, we have worked without pause to improve the economy of our nation. These improvements not only brought new jobs but also increased wages, bringing a higher standard of living to all Germans, not only a select few! And on this I ask, whose policies have enable such economic growth? Zentrum!

On the war front, Zentrum has labored to provide the necessary support for nation in multiplicitude of ways. First, we passed the Veteran Scholarship Act that will enable our soldiers to attend college following the war, improving not only their lives but the lives of all those in our nation. Second, through the efforts of the Foreign Minister, Zentrum was able to secure the aid of the United Kingdom in the current war. Third, who has concluded a peace accord with the Russian Empire, one that will ensure a peaceful Eastern border and aid in the growth of our nations economy over time.

Zentrum is willing to work with other moderate members of the Reichstag, as it has historically, for I fear that the election of a radical party will only lead to the gridlock that so paralyzed the last government. A fear that was remarkably prescient with regards to the last election. It is this threat, and the threat it poses to the German nation and its people that I campaign so hard against. So people of German rise up and vote Zentrum!

The effort to assassinate me- emphasizes to a peculiar degree the need of Zentrum. Friends, every good citizen ought to do everything in his or her power to prevent the coming of the day when we shall see in this country two recognized creeds fighting one another, when we shall see the creed of the "Havenots" arraigned against the creed of the "Haves." When that day comes then such incidents as this to-night will be commonplace in our history. When you make poor men - when you permit the conditions to grow such that the poor man as such will be swayed by his sense of injury against the men who try to hold what they improperly have won, when that day comes, the most awful passions will be let loose and it will be an ill day for our country.

Now, friends, what we who are in this movement are endeavoring to do is forestall any such movement for justice now - a movement in which we ask all just men of generous hearts to join with the men who feel in their souls that lift upward which bids them refuse to be satisfied themselves while their countrymen and countrywomen suffer from avoidable misery. Now, friends, what we in Zentrum are trying to do is to enroll rich or poor, whatever their social or industrial position, to stand together for the most elementary rights of good citizenship, those elementary rights which are the foundation of good citizenship in this great nation of ours.

It is all-essential to the continuance of our healthy national life that we should recognize this community of interest among our people. The welfare of each of us is dependent fundamentally upon the welfare of all of us, and therefore in public life that man is the best representative of each of us who seeks to do good to each by doing good to all; in other words, whose endeavor it is not to represent any special class and promote merely that class's selfish interests, but to represent all true and honest men of all sections and all classes and to work for their interests by working for our common country.

We can keep our government on a sane and healthy basis, we can make and keep our social system what it should be, only on condition of judging each man, not as a member of a class, but on his worth as a man. It is an infamous thing in our American life, and fundamentally treacherous to our institutions, to apply to any man any test save that of his personal worth, or to draw between two sets of men any distinction save the distinction of conduct, the distinction that marks off those who do well and wisely from those who do ill and foolishly. There are good citizens and bad citizens in every class as in every locality, and the attitude of decent people toward great public and social questions should be determined, not by the accidental questions of employment or locality, but by those deep-set principles which represent the innermost souls of men.

Many qualities are needed by a people which would preserve the power of self- government in fact as well as in name. Among these qualities are forethought, shrewdness, self-restraint, the courage which refuses to abandon one's own rights, and the disinterested and kindly good sense which enables one to do justice to the rights of others. Lack of strength and lack of courage and unfit men for self-government on the one hand; and on the other, brutal arrogance, envy- in short, any manifestation of the spirit of selfish disregard, whether of one's own duties or of the rights of others, are equally fatal.

Finally, we must keep ever in mind that a nation such as ours can exist only by virtue of the orderly liberty which comes through the equal domination of the law over all men alike, and through its administration in such resolute and fearless fashion as shall teach all that no man is above it and no man below it.

~Reinhart von und zu Birkenfeld, Zentrums Partei

Fellow Germans do not be fooled by the tratiors of DDP or the Communists they wish to destroy German tradition, German honor, and German pride, with the foolishness of Republicanism. Do not fall for there lies they have done nothing but bring instablity to the government.

However we the of DKP will bring stablity to Germany and end the chaos brought on by tratitors and the wicked French. We will lead Germany into a glorious future of peace and stablity not seen since our Reich was formed after the war of 1871.

Even if you do not vote for the DKP vote for parties of true and honest Germans such as Zentrum or the National Liberals, I have with men of both parties and I know they also have the betterment of Germany jn mind.

So my brothers think long and hard when you go to the polls the fate of the Reich may depend on it.

-Graf Franz von Lanstein-Prankow, DKP

I abdicated as I believed that I was leaving the Reich in good hands. My son was level-headed, calm and intelligent, I thought he could handle the pressure of the Kaisership. It would seem he could not. Perhaps it was the illness, perhaps the pressure of a country resting on his shoulders, whatever the reason he is no longer the young man I knew. I call upon my son, Kaiser Wilhelm III, to abdicate his position as the only way to save the Reich and stop the Republican and Communist threats. I implore my son to abdicate before this gets worse, before the Reich is destroyed and the Hohenzollerns are remembered as the family that destroyed Germany.

Wilhelm Hohenzollern, Duke of Kiel (ex Wilhelm II)

OOC: If I can't do this Fry tell me and I'll remove it.

The Zentrums Partei, is the party that has made life better for Germans, we have increased the greatness of the empire more than any other political party in the German Empire. We have increased education, infrastructure and more! We have made our nation great and if voted in again, we will continue to grow this the German Empire!

- Gabriel Ofterlehner, Postmaster General, Zentrums Partei

Seeing as I'm not really able to keep up with this anymore due to other stuff, I'm going to have Drachenstein retire to his castle. Politics has bored him and he wishes to relax by hunting the local poor. I leave the leadership of the Reich Party with Shynka, good luck.

No. The Kaiser will not abdicate, he has done nothing wrong. The Army stands behind him, with all it's might.

Also, to the Communist fool, the Army has crushed the Russian Army, and is in the process of destroying the French one and will also crush any attempts to harm the Kaiser or his administration.

-Erich von Falkenhayn, Chief of the General Staff.

People of Germany, I know I have made mistakes, and for that I am sorry, but I am only human! I only do what I think is best for Germany and her people, I strive to make Germany a stronger and better land, where everyone, even those that hate me, can be happy! I want to serve you, the people, allow me to do so!

Last edited:
His majesty is completly right, he is doing everything possible to help the German people, that is the sign of a true leader and true monarch. Did the Russian Czar donate his own money to help his people, no of course not, has the French President done the same, no of course not, because of the selfish greedy nature of republican leadership. I will stand by his majesty and I encourage all Germans to do the same.