• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote no the war bill, it would foolish to cancel all other spending. We must help Belgium with there aid and the British and our other allies France will fall just like in 1871.

The following two gentlemen were arrested wrongly and are hereby released.

Count Manfred Von Drachenstien (DoomBunny)
Count Otto Vorbeck (LeeroyJenkins)

~His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the German Emperor and King of Prussia, Wilhelm III

I am clearing the name of the Reich party and its members from all charges related to the attempted Coup.
The results of my investigations are in, and i announce that they had no involvement with the attempted coup, instead there is evidence that they were framed by a certain third party, who are also responsible for the failed coup, and who have tried to destabilize the reichstag and divide ourselves, the subversive and underground German Communist Party.

~Artur Friedrich von Essen, Minister of Justice

Evidence uncovered by the Justice Minister is both shocking and relieving. Relieving in that the Reich Party has been cleared of all charges and were not guilty of any crime but instead framed. However, it is troubling that there is so much unrest, unrest that seeks to replace the current system of government with anarchy!

I always had an underlying suspicion that the Marxist revolutionaries had something to do with this whole affair. The Reich Party is, out of all parties, probably the most loyal to the Kaiser, and I never really did believe they would have attempted such a coup against His Majesty.

I find it somewhat ironic, since I believe Rosa Luxembourg was the most anti-war out of all the people of Germany, with her false rhetoric of the bourgeoisie sending the workers out to die for their whims. Yet, instead, it was her and her ilk that have caused this Great War against the French and the Russians! Let us not be deceived by her words or those of her fellow Marxists, for they attempted to throw Germany into anarchy and have plunged it into a war with the other Great Powers!

I hereby call for a crackdown on all members of the German Communist Party. We cannot allow them to get away with such crimes against His Majesty and his Government, nor against the people of Europe!

Berlin Times
20 June 1915 - CHANCELLOR SHOT!

BERLIN - News from the Berlin Government are now coming in on our ticker, and it appears that the Chancellor has been shot, once in the abdomen, and twice in the right arm, by two gunmen, one wielding a flag of Red on his back, and the other one with the same red flag, but with a golden sickle in the canton, on his shoulder. Before shooting the Chancellor, who was about to make a speech, they screamed "Ein Volk! Ein Welt! Revolution!", and opened fire. Several members of the Chancellor's entourage have been killed, most notable was his secretary, who had valuable information about the German Communists, and the so called "Spartakusbund"

Waving away is aides, after noticing that he isn't coughing up blood, Chancellor Von und Zu Birkenfeld regains his composure and proceeds the podium to give his speech. Though he does request that security is tightened.

Friends, I shall ask you to be as quiet as possible. I don't know whether you fully understand that I have been shot, and several of my entourage killed; but it takes more than that to kill a Schwartzritter! But fortunately I had my manuscript, so you see I was going to make a long speech, and there is a bullet - there is where the bullet went through - and it probably saved me from it going into my heart. The bullet is in me now, so that I cannot make a very long speech, but I will try my best.

First of all, I want to say this about myself: I have altogether too important things to think of to feel any concern over my own death; and now I cannot speak to you insincerely within five minutes of being shot. I am telling you the literal truth when I say that my concern is for many other things. It is not in the least for my own life. I want you to understand that I am ahead of the game, anyway. No man has had a happier life than I have led; a happier life in every way. I have been able to do certain things that I greatly wished to do, and I am interested in doing other things. I can tell you with absolute truthfulness that I am very much uninterested in whether I am shot or not. It is not the fate of the leader that a nation depends, but upon the strength of its people!

I believe with my whole heart and soul in this nation. I believe that Zentrum is making life a little easier for all our people; a party that stands for a united Germany, a stronger Germany! I am absorbed in the success of this movement.

I am going to ask you to be as quiet as possible for I am not able to give the challenge of the Schwartzritter quite as loudly. Now, I know that these "Spartakusbund," anarchists, stood for revolution and communism. Declaring that they represent the people, while shooting the people's representative. They were cowards. They stood cloaked in the mass of the crowd, and when I went deliver this speech, they stepped forward and shot me, only to return to the anonymity of the crowd.

I have had a good many experiences in my time and this is one of them. What I care for is my country. I wish I were able to impress upon my people — our people, the duty to feel strongly but to speak the truth of their opponents. I say now, I have never said one word on the stump against any opponent that I cannot defend. I have said nothing that I could not substantiate and nothing that I ought not to have said — nothing that I — nothing that, looking back at, I would not say again.

Now, friends, it ought not to be too much to ask that our opponents

Speaking to a deputy on stage: I am not sick at all - I am all right.

Returning to the crowd

I cannot tell you of what infinitesimal importance I regard this incident as compared with the great issues at stake in this campaign, and I ask it not for my sake, not the least in the world, but for the sake of common country, that they make up their minds to speak only the truth, and not use that kind of slander and mendacity which if taken seriously must incite weak and violent natures to crimes of violence. Don't you make any mistake. Don't you pity me. I am all right. I am all right and you cannot escape listening to the speech either.

And now, friends, this incident that has just occurred - this effort to assassinate me- emphasizes to a peculiar degree the need of Zentrum. Friends, every good citizen ought to do everything in his or her power to prevent the coming of the day when we shall see in this country two recognized creeds fighting one another, when we shall see the creed of the "Havenots" arraigned against the creed of the "Haves." When that day comes then such incidents as this to-night will be commonplace in our history. When you make poor men - when you permit the conditions to grow such that the poor man as such will be swayed by his sense of injury against the men who try to hold what they improperly have won, when that day comes, the most awful passions will be let loose and it will be an ill day for our country.

Now, friends, what we who are in this movement are endeavoring to do is forestall any such movement for justice now - a movement in which we ask all just men of generous hearts to join with the men who feel in their souls that lift upward which bids them refuse to be satisfied themselves while their countrymen and countrywomen suffer from avoidable misery. Now, friends, what we in Zentrum are trying to do is to enroll rich or poor, whatever their social or industrial position, to stand together for the most elementary rights of good citizenship, those elementary rights which are the foundation of good citizenship in this great nation of ours.

Attempts are renewed to persuade Chancellor Von und Zu Birkenfield to conclude his speech

My friends are a little more nervous than I am. Don't you waste any sympathy on me. I have had a wonderful time in life and I am having it now.
I never in my life was in any movement in which I was able to serve with such whole-hearted devotion as in this; in which I was able to feel as I do in this that common weal. I have fought for the good of our common country.
And now, friends, I shall have to cut short much of that speech that I meant to give you, but I want to touch on just two or three points.

Our nation is fighting for its very survival against such heinous foes. Foes that attack and massacre innocent civilians and involve neutral countries in the case of France. Or seek to destroy diplomacy such that individuals can attempt to reach a selfish realization of prestige like the Russia. People of Germany, it is against these foes that we must stand strong!
Our nation is joined by allies, new and old, from the gilded halls of Vienna, to the minareted skies of Constantinople, to globe spanning empire centered in London, to raising power of Japan, among others. We are also joined by allies devastated by our enemies in the victimized Belgians! Take heart people of Germany we fight not alone!

Yet the actions of these anarchists and communists overshadow this, at least for today. The speak of a desire for a single people, a single world, and for revolution, yet in the end they destroy their own cause. The seek to destroy the individual, destroy the ties that bind us, destroy their nation, and destroy their people! Look not to those that would only seek to incite anarchy and revolution but instead look towards hope and reform!

Zentrum, and the government, has worked to aid the people. Have we not increased access to education for all? Have we not improved the road and railroads used by all? Have we not sought to make it easier to remain in contact with distant relatives and friends? Have we not increased welfare? Have we not sought to promote our people's needs? I say that we have!

Friends, I ask you to remain strong against these threats, both internal and external, so that we may build a stronger Germany, a Germany to be envied by all!

Chancellor Von und Zu Birkenfield concludes his speech to a roaring applause and immediate heads to a waiting motorcade heading to the hospital, where there is increased security.

Though I may not be a member of Zentrum, I find Chancellor von Birkenfeld's words to be truly inspiring. We must all stand together, not as rich men, not as poor men, not as Prussians, Bavarians, or Alsatians, but as Germans. The moment we allow these Marxists and anarchists to steal away our unity and divide us is the moment Germany is lost to chaos and foreign control.

This so called "Spartakusbund" would rather have us under the boots of France and Russia than under a truly German government! They would rather risk everything that we have ever worked for, every last amount of equality and empowerment that we could ever give to the German people, for that small, small chance to establish a system of government that may not even work! They would rather see the French slaughter their fellow men, just so that they can make that grab for power!

We must fight these extremists at every corner, at every opportunity! Fight them as we would the Russians or the French, because these revolutionaries are no friends of Germany! Gott mit uns! God save Birkenfeld, and God save the Kaiser!

"Chancellor von Birkenfeld is a true hero of Germany and a champion of the German people. Long shall he live as one of the great Chancellors and leader of our Reich!

I also hope for a speedy and unhampered recovery for Chancellor von Birkenfeld. He has my prayers.

As to addressing this 'Spartakusbund', I unfortunately do not have the time to give a lengthy speech. I shall make an appropriate address to this topic at a later date."

~ Minister Friedrich von Weiss
Naval Ministry

((So...no one is explaining to me what the fuck happened?))

but the new story:

The Kaiser arrested all the members of the German Reich Party (the seats are currently vaccant). The General Staff protested this action, so in retaliation, the Kaiser dismissed von Motlke. France took this initiative and declared war on the German Empire. Russia soon followed suit and declared war in support of its ally. Additionally, in response to Frances aggression and previous diplomatic work, the United Kingdom declared war on France.

I send my best wishes for the Chancellor's speedy recovery.

~His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the German Emperor and King of Prussia, Wilhelm III

Last edited:
OOC: If I could join, this will be my character:

Name: Bruno Von Brockhusen
Birthplace: Munich
Birthdate: May 7th, 1885
Political Affiliation: German Reich Party (FKP)
Backstory: Bruno was an only child, and loved learning. Despite being an only child Bruno was far from spoiled; often times he had to work alongside his father at the bakery for 7-8 hours a day. His father had taught him to be a devout catholic, as well as to be proud of his German heritage. Bruno would take his father's advice farther and intended, and he grew up believing Germans were superior to all other people. Bruno got into politics as he saw it as a way to bring the German Empire to glory, without joining the military.

EDIT: Realized Bruno had a bit too many similarities to a certain Austrian, changed his bio.

Last edited:
Berlin Times
18 July 1915 - French Line Collapses! Kaiser Orders Troops in Berlin! Communists Grow!

BERLIN - It has come to our attention that on the Western Front, the French Line has fully broken, allowing German Soldiers to cross the Franco-Belgian border and we have begun to occupy French Towns. Spearheading the assault was the British Expeditionary Force, and our brave friends have proven they are supportive of the German Cause. On the Eastern Front, the Kaiser has announced that soldiers are to be pulled from the front in order to try and defend against the Communists that shot the Chancellor, who is making a full recovery. This did nothing to help the anti-Communist cause as they began to become more and more public, with attacks against the Government increasing. Even through many Ministers were assigned a military guard, Treasury Minister Freiherr Erich August von Hohenzollern was shot and injured, requiring his arm to be amputated, and the rest of his body guard was proclaimed dead, and he survived due to freak luck, where the bullet did entered the head of his body guard and went into his arm instead. The Communists are reported to be gaining even more support in the German Empire.

"The acts of the Communists are truly despicable. The brutal attacks against fellow Minister and friend Freiherr von Hohenzollern is saddening, but it gladdens me to know that he survived the ordeal in the end. I hope he sees an ultimately speedy recovery to return to live in the Reichstag.

Should the Minister of Justice not begin a crackdown on members of the underground Communist organization, utilizing the police and intelligence gathered throughout the last several months? Doing so will likely severely weaken the enemies of the government and destroy the Communist resistance before it gains a stronger foothold and threatens the lives of more Reichstag and government members.

I would also like to congratulate the armed forces of Germany, particularly those fighting in France, as well as our brave and committed British allies, who have helped to begin the downfall of the tyrannical French 'Republic'. Victory is almost assured within the next several months. Soldiers of Germany, you have the full support of the government and the people. Onwards, to victory!"

~ Minister Friedrich von Weiss
Naval Ministry

Berlin Times
22 July 1915 - Budget Gone Bust!

BERLIN - From the War Effort, it appears that preliminary reports show that the Military has grown, requiring 300 million Reichmarks more for the war. Consumer Goods went up around 30 million Reichmarks, while Industrial Subsidies, normally from the War Effort, have increased an impressive 50 million Reichmarks. Infrastructure spending, to build and replace lines in the Reich has gone up 10 million Reichmarks. Welfare spending had increased by 15 million Reichmarks, while Government balloned by 35 million Reichmarks. Colonies and other agencies rose by 10 million Reichmarks, and in order to fund the war effort, it was raised by 50 million Reichmarks. News from the Financial Office reports that tax revenue is down 150 million Reichmarks. We here at the Berlin Times can only guess that the Government needs to dip into debt or remove the German Empire from the Gold Standard and print money to meet our needs.

Freiherr Erich August von Hohenzollern, Treasury Minister of the current government, is reported to be resting in his Berlin home, recovering from the recent attempt on his life that cost him his arm. However, despite this attack, he is now working hard to develop a budget to be presented to the Reichstag as soon as possible. While he has been quiet these past few weeks, his first, and so far only, public address to the German people was a condolence his bodyguards, who were all slain by the Communist conspirators, and a plea for Germany to be unified in this time of war and turmoil.