• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The General Staff is the leader of all military forces. It has no say on the civilian government of the nation. I demand that the General Staff and the military stand down. The members of the Reich party will be released if no proof of their guilt is found. However we must restore order in these troubled times and make sure all suspects are not in a position to continue to plot.

His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Wilhelm II, German Emperor and King of Prussia

I, on behalf of the German Reich Party, am thankful to the army for their show of sense in these troubled and confused times. I am not sure what the Kaiser is thinking, but I can vouch for the fact that nobody in the Reich Party ordered or participated in this attack. Furthermore, there is certainly no proof of such a lie meant to discredit my party!

We are not the culprits! He is attempting to apprehend innocent members of the empire's governing body!

Statement by the German General Staff

From here on out, we no longer recognize the Kaiser as the legitimate ruler of an Independent Germany. For years his dangerous policies have brought us on the road towards destabilization and war with our neighbors. We hence forth proclaim that the leader of Germany is Helmuth von Moltke the Younger, and we shall use elements of the Army loyal to us to support our new Government, and announce that the Reichstag shall convene in Königsberg, and invite all members of the current Reichstag to join. Failure to join shall see your seat sent out once again an another election held for you. Your rights as a Reichstag member will be removed and you will be considered in rebellion to the German Government. For too long have we watch the Kaiser ruin Germany, a country we have all fought and died for. Should he remain in power, I shudder to think of what would happen. We invite Graf Robert Von Urlich or Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach, both supports of the German General Staff to form a new Civilian Government in Königsberg.

Signed,
Helmuth von Moltke the Younger and the German General Staff

A Military coup is never a good thing. I'm grateful that the Military seems eager to use existing State apparatus to govern and is simply replacing the Leader of Germany. Seeing The recent actions of the Kaiser I agree to Go to Königsberg. I only hope the forces loyal to the Kaiser are too weak to Resist any attack prevent a long civil war.

Hermann Schmidt.

People of Germany! The General Staff has forced Germany into civil war, they have overthrown the German government and the Empire, they are trying to undo the work of the great Prince Bismark and the man who made the German army what it is today, Albrecht von Roon and even the uncle of the the leader of the revolt Helmuth von Moltke the elder. Soldiers, workers, all people of Germany, unite behind your Kaiser and his government to crush this revolt. All members of the Reichstag that attempt to make for Konigsberg will be arrested for treason by the imperial Guard. I also announce that, for the good of Germany and her people I would be willing to abdicate my throne in favour of my brother, Prince Henry if the General Staff stops this madness and rejoins the Reich. Deutschland über alles!

Last edited:
I, Graf Robert Von Urlich, do hereby proclaim that I will be accepting the offer to form a government in Konigsberg as Chancellor, with the support of the General Staff and under the new leader of Germany, Helmuth von Moltke the Younger. With me I take any and all willing members of the German Reich Party who wish to join me and the rightful German government, and I also proclaim that the land under my control as Graf, which includes Leipzig and its surrounding lands, do hereby declare its support for this German government and for the general staff. I encourage all patriotic Germans to do the same! Do not fear the kaiser's tyranny!

The Kaiser for too long has brought us closer and closer to an unfavorable war. He has ruined the foreign policies of Bismarck, and has time and time again hurt Germany. Today is the day that Germany chooses a new leader, a leader which shall lead us to the glory that the German Empire deserves! To Helmuth Von Moltke the Younger and the new German Government!

I would like to hope that the now illegitimate government will have the sense to back down and cede power to the General Staff as the rightful rulers of Germany, as they will surely lose should they try and plunge Germany into a bloody civil war. If the kaiser harbors any sense of responsibility or cares for his people, he will step down in favor of the general staff and avoid any more bloodshed!

A military leader is not fit to lead a country. I would be willing, as previously stated to abdicate in favor of my brother, Prince Henry.

My loyalty lies to the Kaiser. He may not be the best leader Germany's ever had, and I may not necessarily agree with the power allotted to him within our Constitution, but the Kaiser is the ultimate symbol of Germany. He brings order and unity to our nation, and he brings hope to our people when our politicians are unable to.

So I say, Heil dir im Siegerkranz! Gott mit uns!

A military leader is not fit to lead a country. I would be willing, as previously stated to abdicate in favor of my brother, Prince Henry.

That military leader you speak of is more fit to rule than you do! Go to hell with your divine right to rule! My loyalty lies not to any one man, but to Germany itself, and by god you are not fit to rule Germany! For the Fatherland!

I once again must urge my fellow members of the Reichstag to go to Konigsberg and join Herr Moltke. The Kaiser has repeatedly shown that he is unfit to rule a country, by insanely supporting a war with Russia and France, along with attempting arrest an entire political party for, at most the actions of a few. There fore, I urge you to join with the General Staff and stop this madness and war. Join, and end the Crisis in the Reichstag.

OOC: I regret nothing.

That military leader you speak of is more fit to rule than you do! Go to hell with your divine right to rule! My loyalty lies not to any one man, but to Germany itself, and by god you are not fit to rule Germany! For the Fatherland!

Is my brother fit to rule?

I once again must urge my fellow members of the Reichstag to go to Konigsberg and join Herr Moltke. The Kaiser has repeatedly shown that he is unfit to rule a country, by insanely supporting a war with Russia and France, along with attempting arrest an entire political party for, at most the actions of a few. There fore, I urge you to join with the General Staff and stop this madness and war. Join, and end the Crisis in the Reichstag.

I never supported a war with France and Russia and as demonstrated by my full support of the diplomatic efforts of the Chancellor and the Foreign minister for avoiding such a war. I accuse General von Moltke and the General staff of supporting a war with France and Russia, both through their rigid adherence to the Schlieffen plan and through his revolt which will weaken Germany to outside attacks.

I would also like to announce that General Paul von Hindenburg will be the new Chief of the Great General Staff with General Erich Ludendorff as Quartermaster. Together they will lead the armies of Germany to victory! Deutschland über alles!

You supported Austria's excessive demands on Serbia, an event that, if not handled as well by your Foreign Minister, would have almost certainly led to war with Russia, and then their French allies. Also, I find it interesting that the Kaiser is appointing a Major General to the Office of Quartermaster. This is yet more evidence of the Kaiser's mental instability.

Actually, it was partly due to the efforts of the general staff and their refusal to give Austria carte blanche support that led to peace instead of war! Not by any effort on your bloodthirsty part!

OOC: Oh shit.

"I, along with the Deutschkonservative Partei, stand on the side of the Kaiser, the one legitimate ruler of all of the German Reich. The coup must be ended before serious blood is spilt."

~ Minister Friedrich von Weiss
Naval Ministry
Head of the Deutschkonservative Partei