• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote No on this bill.

I vote YES to this Colonial Bill.

I vote yes to the Colonial Bill, which seems to have overwhelming support.

On an unrelated note, I am very happy to see my budget proposal signed into law.

Leipzig Informant
Krupp's Accusations Denied!

September 26th, 1914
By Erik Kruez

Grau Mal Branchen, the new competitor to Krupp Industries, has made a statement to the press denying Krupp's accusations of bribery to the General Staff. A rising executive of the infant company specializing in Siege Artillery and the Press Department, and a former employee for Krupp Industries, had this to say:

"I am appalled at how easily Krupp levels accusations at a fellow company as soon as they become a fair and legal competitor to his company. Those bribes to the General Staff, even if they actually happened in the first place, certainly did not originate or even pass through the accounts of this company, and we are making available all our bank statements of our German accounts to the Federal investigators that will be investigating these claims. However, if they wish to investigate bribery of the General Staff, they should have started from where the money ended up, in the hands of the Generals, and they should have started years ago when rumors first began to pop up about them taking bribes, and I'm afraid that the only company that I have ever heard in conjunction to that rumor before was Krupp Industries. But I have been certain that such rumors have been false, as our Generals are surely not corrupt, and are great and proud men protecting the German Empire."

They are indeed allowing the planned Federal Investigators great leeway in their investigation, allowing them to inspect all currently operating facilities and offices, as well as the few records that Grau Mal Branchen have accumulated in the past month or two. This is in addition to the company bank statements that they are making available to them as the executive said. All told, they are doing far more to help the Federal Government investigate than Krupp did when it officially rebuffed Federal Investigators earlier this year. There are some rumors, although their credibility may be questioned, that this is simply a move by Krupp to eliminate any competition in the Arms industries before it begins to threaten their bottom line, and these rumors have quite a bit of logic to them. It remains to be seen what happens from here.

Last edited:
The Colonial Act of 1914

The Imperial German Government reserves the right to levy taxes on its colonial holdings at a rate commensurate with that of the rest of the nation. All such taxes will be paid to the central government.
Furthermore, the nation of Germany will uphold all previous agreements pertaining to sales of land in the colonies.

Currently the vote are 147 for, 42 against, and 209 members of the reichstag have yet to vote.

I vote Yes.

The execution and speed of covering up this loophole is commendable, and I offer my admiration for the Chancellor's efforts.

I would further warn against favourtism with our largest and most profitable companies, due to a combination of corruption and a subversion of our responsible institutions.

I vote Yes on this bill, although I do think that the government should have a plan where these fresh money should be put to use. My humble plan is to give it to the once giving us our daily meals.

I abstain to vote on the budget. It is a decent budget, and I believe the finance minister has done a good job. However, he has not given the amount of money to the hard working farmers they so rightfully deserve. I will not vote no on this since I believe that this nation needs a functional government after these threats of war and the chock we must all work through.

OOC: Do you vote "on" or "to"?

I hereby announce that The Colonial Act of 1914 has passed the Reichstag with 211 votes for, 22 votes against, and 166 abstains ((No notes)). I will pass the bill to the Kaiser so that it may be signed into law.

OOC: You vote on a bill. Also as heads up, I'm going to declare bills passed when they surpass the requisite number of votes (199 for normal bills, 268 for constitutional amendments) to keep up the pace of the game, as 1 day = 1 month.

OOC: You vote on a bill. Also as heads up, I'm going to declare bills passed when they surpass the requisite number of votes (199 for normal bills, 268 for constitutional amendments) to keep up the pace of the game, as 1 day = 1 month.

OOC: That's ok, but I do think everyone should be allowed to make a symbolic vote afterwards in order to make some politics of the votes. And thanks for enlighten me on the grammar - English is much more difficult for a foreigner than many people think.

Having recently spent much the past Winter on the campaign trail, as have many of my fellow members, I was able to observe first hand the state of the infrastructure around the nation. It was wonderful in some of the most important and largest cities, however outside of these areas, it often left something to be desired. This bill will also bring many other benefits, ranging from employment opportunities, to increased opportunities for trade and commerce, and most importantly raise the standards of living for all Germans by reducing transportation costs. Furthermore, the threat of war earlier this year also revealed some of the short comings in our transportation and communication infrastructure. It is also hoped that by investing in these improvements we will encourage companies throughout Germany to also invest in these areas and further strengthen our nation. In light of this fact, and after consulting with our Treasury Ministry, I hereby propose the Reich's Infrastructure Bill of 1914.

The Reich's Infrastructure Bill of 1914​

Noting the need for a better transportation and communication infrastructure in the German Empire,

Desiring to create an unrivaled infrastructure system in the German Empire,

Desiring to create new employment opportunities and better facilitate travel, communication, and the transport of goods throughout the nation,

The German Empire will invest 55,000,000 RM in the improvement of the national infrastructure to be divided as follows:

15,000,000 RM will be invested in the improvement of our nation's railways,

10,000,000 RM will be invested in the improvement of the nation's roadways,

10,000,000 RM will be invested in the improvement of the nation's port infrastructure,

15,000,000 RM will be invested in expanding the scope of electrification and improving the underlying infrastructure across the nation,

5,000,000 RM will be invested in improving the nations communication infrastructure.

A couple closing notes on the bill, this bill only concerns investment in European Germany, another bill will be brought up that deals with colonial infrastructure. In addition, it should be noted that this is a one-off expenditure, one that will complement spending that occurs on an annual basis for the improvement of such infrastructure. It will also serve as a means to improve our nation with the surplus of funds left over after the last year.

If there are no objections, I will be begin voting on the Reich's Infrastructure Bill of 1914.

I vote Yes on the Reich's Infrastructure Bill of 1914.

OOC: No worries. Also, I was just making a general announcement, also you might find some of what you want in this next bill. Additionally, feel free to propose bills.

As a side note economically, the best investment a government can make to grow the economy is to invest in basic infrastructure, along the lines of that proposed in this bill.

Will this bill only improve the communications in and to the cities, or will it also improve the lives for the people on the farms? Will parts of the money be devoted to the transportation of food?