• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"I vote Yes to the amendment."

~ Minister Friedrich von Weiss
Naval Ministry

I vote yes to this fine proposal.

I vote yes to the proposed bill.

OOC: is it too late to join? :)

OOC: Independents, that's a party where I just form someone I would like to play and make up some policies, right?

Name: Peter Bauder
Born: 1878
Political affiliation: Farmer's League
Short bio: Peter Bauder is the son of a farmer and the father of a three upcoming farmer sons. For ages his family have been farmers on a large farm outside Münster. He is a devoted to justice and hard work. The only day off from work he takes is on Sundays, which are devoted to church attendance and rest. Due to the under-representation of hard working men from the field, Bauder is now going to join the Farmer's League. He is determined to devote the coming years to improve the life for those who sped their lives feeding the people of this nation, the farmers.

OOC: Never too late to join!

Unless you join the SPD. Then poo on you :p

OOC: Oh c'mon! At least I supported the bill, unlike you're own ministers -_-

OOC: Oh c'mon! At least I supported the bill, unlike you're own ministers -_-

This is the best point he could possibly have come up with.

Vote for this amendment! Its critical that it gets passed!

I will vote in favor of this amendment, as it will lead to cost savings and greater efficiency in our armed forces.

OOC: Arya is not part of the gov't thus voting on this bill is not a test of government. That said the only person who can remove me is the kaiser according to the consitution, and there is no such thing as a vote of no confidence...

I vote yes.

I apologize to the Reichstag for my leave of absence; my father called me home recently ((my computer died... :( )). However, now that I am back, I will begin work on the budget immediately, and will present it to the Chancellor as soon as possible!

I would also like to make a few suggestions to our Foreign Minister, Herr Goldschmidt.
First, I believe it would be prudent to gain transitory rights from the Belgians. We need room to enact the Schlieffen Plan against France, and it would be unwise to anger the British, who are the protectors of Belgium, by simply marching through the Lowlands. Perhaps we could offer our guarantee of protection, or an exemption of tariffs for Belgians businesses, or some sort of colonial protection agreeement.

My second piece of advise would be to declare ourselves antibelligerents; that is, we will not declare war on any nations, unless we are attacked, or if we fight in the defence of our allies. In that way, we could drawdown this current arms race with the other imperial nations, and show that we are not warmongers, only trustworthy allies.

My third suggestion would be to warm relations with the Americans; we cannot afford another nation entering into a war, especially not one aligned to the British and French.

My last piece of advice would be to once again isolate France diplomatically; they are rivals on the continents and they alone are weak. Combined with the British and the Russians, however, they can be deadly. To weaken their alliance through diplomacy and politics would be wise, and I believe we could be successful in swaying either the Russians or the British; the former through industrial agreements, the latter through a more peaceful (stated) foreign policy.

Last edited:
"This reminds me. I will make several tweaks to the previous Naval Bill and submit it to the Reichstag for approval, only after the budget is settled on."

~ Minister Friedrich von Weiss
Naval Ministry

Name: David Wolff
Political affiliation: Progressive People's Party
Backstory: Born into a middle class Jewish family. David studied engineering and conducted research for a large industrial concern prior to entering politics.

Yes to the Amendment