• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After research, it has been found that the sum of 40 million RM, the same 40 million RM saved from the restructuring of the army, would be suitable for all ex military personal to be able to live a comfortable and easy live, such as that they deserve, after they leave the service. This not only reduces unemployment, but will also increase army recruitment, and reward our soldiers for all their selfless work on our behalf. I must add, that I feel personally obliged to see this Bill passed, and shall back it with all my strength. Too many of my brothers have fallen in battle, leaving behind families. Too many of my brothers have survived the horrors of war, only to die at home, without bread in their mouths, because they could not find work. Too many of my brothers have been maimed, and returned to a nation which then proceeded to stab them in the back!​

German Armed Forces Bill 1913

Preamble:

This Bill aims to accomplish 2 tasks. Firstly, the restructuring of the Army into a single formation, in order to save costs, better its performance on the battlefield, and enable the easier implementation of new doctrines, technologies and materiel. Secondly, the Bill aims to improve and restructure the support provided for ex servicemen who have left the army, by not only increasing the sum spent upon supporting them, but also by ensuring this money is used for the right things.

Articles:

1. The various armed forces currently making up the German Army shall be restructured into a single centralised body, run from Berlin, titled, the German Imperial Army.

2. The new cabinet post of 'Minister for War' shall be created, to manage both Army and Navy matters. This combination shall ease cooperation and save costs.

3. A new pension scheme shall be set up. 40 million RM shall be provided, in each annual budget, in order to accommodate members of the armed forces after they retire. Those with crippling injuries shall receive a higher payment, and the scheme shall also provide compensation to families who suffer the loss of a man, whilst he is in the service of the armed forces.

4. 40 million RM shall be used in a one time investment to set up state run retirement homes for members of the armed forces. These shall provide for the homeless retires who cannot pay their own way.

Last edited:
OOC: I'd just like to repeat myself as to why we can't do that, Doom:

Also, the reason there's only a naval ministry and not a military one is because the military is handled by each respective state. There is no "German Army", only a Prussian one, Bavarian one, etc. I believe we'd need to amend the constitution in order to change that, and that isn't very likely to happen anytime soon.

OOC: Then change the damn constitution with the Bill.

OOC: A constitutional amendment of such a caliber would be hard to pass through, true. But I think it is worth the effort because the unification of the separate armies will indeed save costs and help with the implementation of technology and doctrines, as well as help with standardization to save us form logistical supply nightmares. If you want, I could draw up such an amendment, however I may not be the best person due to my limited knowledge of the German constitution in the first place.

IC: Once an amendment is passed and this bill is able to be passed and implemented, it would have my vote if it reduced the amount of RM that has to be spent. The one time payment can certainly be lessened or even mixed in with the annual budget, and the annual budget that you propose for retirees should certainly be reduced. To be frank, we cannot afford such a huge spending spree at the moment with the Crisis in Krupp.

I, Kaiser Wilhelm II, emperor of Germany and King of Prussia hereby sign the German Naval Bill of 1912 and the Budget of the German Empire for 1913-1914

His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Wilhelm II Emperor of Germany and King of Prussia

Militarism Amendment to the Constitution

In order to establish a unified and cost efficient army, to defend the German Empire against any number of possible foes foreign and domestic, and provide safety to the people of the German Reich, the separate armies of the German states shall be consolidated into a force officially known as the German Imperial Army.

I

All army establishments in relation to the states of Germany (ex. Prussia, Bavaria) shall be abolished and replaced with the German Imperial Army, governed and based in Berlin, and responsible for the defense of the Vaterland and the entire German Empire.

II

The tax power of the federal government shall henceforth increase in proportion to the State's power to tax decreases in accordance with the transfer of expenses directed towards the Imperial Army.

III

The Kaiser shall retain final authority over all armed forces, and shall create a new minister position called the Minister of War to consolidate the naval cabinet position and the now needed Army cabinet position. In order to reduce the strain on the Kaiser, menial decisions and decisions to be made on the spot regarding the armed forces shall be made by the General Staffs and the Admiral Staffs respectively.

IV

The Reichstag from here on shall retain authority to include the Army's expenses in their annual budget and shall be responsible for meeting such expenses and keeping the German Imperial Army technologically competent and well equipped.

Amendment Proposed by Graf Robert Von Urlich.

OOC: I hate Constitutions.

OOC: Agreed.

I throw my support behind the Naval bill, budget and Constitutional reform, as I think they are for the best of the Empire.

~His Imperial and Royal Highness, the German Crown Prince and Crown Prince of Prussia, Wilhelm

Krupp Industries announces Worst Month for the purchase of raw materials!

ESSEN, Germany - News from the Krupp Industries today came forward that from January to February was the worst month for buying raw materials, as the prices were sent through the roof by some unknown factors. In response to this, they had to up the purchase costs from their biggest buyers, the German Government, to try and make up the lost profit and revenue. This throws the newly passed German Budget deeply in the red, as the total cost of the military skyrockets to 200,000,000 RM, up from the previous levels of 167,500,000 RM. The nation turns to both the Kaiser and the Chancellor for some sort of explanation, and why the budget constantly gets thrown into the red.

After conferring with the Kaiser and my cabinet, it has been decided that a full scale investigation shall be made into cause of the price increase at Krupp Industries. As myself, and my colleagues find it wholly unreasonable for such a price increase, 19.4% for the year or if calculated at a yearly rate, 232.8%, to occur over the course of a single month. This investigation will be carried out the Justice Ministry, which will make a full report on the matter. As is my duty to nation, as its steward, I ask for the co-operation of all in this investigation. I will also note that Budget though passed, is still subject to change, change that should bring about a positive balance.

~Chancellor Reinhart von und zu Birkenfeld

Last edited:
I fully Support an investigation into these Price rises. Are they really in trouble or is a Cabul of Unpatriotic Greedy Capitalists purposely raising Prices to enrich themselves. The Truth must be found out in an open and Honest Investigation.

Naval Marine Unit Bill of 1914

To establish a specialized and elite arm of the Navy, to be used for Naval operations involving a land based objective or obstacle, and for the purpose of coastal and royal defense, this bill shall create a new arm of the Navy to be named the Marines.

I

This bill shall authorize the formation of a minimum of 5 marine divisions to be created, manned, equipped, and trained over the course of 1914. In each subsequent year the Marines will be given funding to create a further 3 divisions until a target of 14 Marine divisions have been created.

II

These Marines divisions shall fall under the direct command of the Kaiser and the Naval Minister in the cabinet, and any further command chain is open to be established by them.

III​

Funding shall be set at 10M RM in the next budget in order to establish the Marine Corps, and shall increase by 2M RM each subsequent year until its expansion halts after 1917. This can be adjusted by Reichstag votes on the budget as needed.

With this bill now proposed, this Reichstag has TWO (2) bills (as long as the Polish Dominion bill has been rejected due to lack of support) on the floor to be discussed and/or voted upon. They are:

Militarism Amendment (Page 11)

Naval Marine Unit Bill of 1914 (Above)

The above 2 bills need to be voted upon. It would also be advisable to create a bill to aid the economy in some way as that is a large issue with the people.

Last edited:
OOC: The Naval Bill has passed and includes the provision and the authority to sell the ships to Brazil.

OOC: My apologies, I was under the impression that the sale of the pre-dreadnoughts and the naval bill were 2 separate pieces of legislation. I will adjust the above post.

IC: I vote yes to both bills on the floor.